The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post subject: Re: 2014-06.28: Friends Arena: Stockholm, Sweden
PostPosted: Sun June 29, 2014 3:33 pm 
Lost Cat

Here's the YouTube link to the video of Ed taking my camera on stage during Given To Fly: http://youtu.be/H_ToHp6VDxg

PostPosted: Sun June 29, 2014 3:34 pm 
Broken Tamborine

Strat wrote:
So the list is still a thing huh? Man.

I dont plan on waiting in line for Lincoln and Denver. Should I be worried about having a horrible spot on the floor then? I dont need to be up eds ass....

You won't have to wait. In OKC we showed up 20 minutes before doors opened, saw there was a list, said screw it, went through the merch line, got back in the "regular" line to get in, and wound up about tenth row center in GA.

Also, the whole GA crowd was really nice. We'd take turns going out for a drink/restroom break before the show, and as long as you had someone in the crowd to go back to, people would let you back in. Also, the GA section was pretty small, so even the very back was a great spot.

PostPosted: Sun June 29, 2014 3:37 pm 
The Master

ABNorman wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
ed took some guys camera during given to fly...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_ToHp6VDxg

Quote:
James Compernolle 2 hours ago

UNREAL! No band of this kind would ever do such a thing for a fan. It seems like every show they are truly testing their boundaries. It only makes me excited for what they could have possibly planned for their next show!

so given to fly has officially become another lazy singalong song.

PostPosted: Sun June 29, 2014 3:38 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

jexx45 wrote:
Here's the YouTube link to the video of Ed taking my camera on stage during Given To Fly: http://youtu.be/H_ToHp6VDxg

Hey. That's my job(link is on the previous page)

Well done though:) that's closer to that much than I want to be though.
The last bit was Bono all over :)

PostPosted: Sun June 29, 2014 4:46 pm 
for those who
are not...shall be

Strat wrote:

I dont plan on waiting in line for Lincoln and Denver. Should I be worried about having a horrible spot on the floor then? I dont need to be up eds ass....

No, the list is not a thing anymore.....if you are talking about tom copper's post, he goes on to say that the 10C security disintegrated the list. Yep, they put fire to it. They destroyed it, smoked it, ripped it up and stomped on it I think

PostPosted: Sun June 29, 2014 9:05 pm 
Broken Tamborine

knee tunes wrote:
Strat wrote:

No, the list is not a thing anymore.....if you are talking about tom copper's post, he goes on to say that the 10C security disintegrated the list. Yep, they put fire to it. They destroyed it, smoked it, ripped it up and stomped on it I think

It's good to see they're taking some action. The whole list thing is just a bit ridiculous to me in general, I've gone into GA shows all over Europe and got a good view towards the front without tattooing a number on myself. Some of the posts on facebook ticket groups in the last few days have been as hilarious as they are disturbing.

PostPosted: Mon June 30, 2014 9:58 pm 
Champion of RM

Evvo wrote:
knee tunes wrote:
Strat wrote:

It's good to see they're taking some action. The whole list thing is just a bit ridiculous to me in general, I've gone into GA shows all over Europe and got a good view towards the front without tattooing a number on myself. Some of the posts on facebook ticket groups in the last few days have been as hilarious as they are disturbing.

PostPosted: Mon June 30, 2014 10:00 pm 
Poster of the Year

Pearl Jam fans are the worst.

PostPosted: Mon June 30, 2014 10:04 pm 
Future Drummer

This is good news for those same 10 people that are on the rails every goddamn show.

PostPosted: Mon June 30, 2014 10:05 pm 
Champion of RM

jexx45 wrote:

Absolutely spectacular! It's awesome that you can see us at the end. (I'm behind the guy with the powder blue hoodie.)

PostPosted: Mon June 30, 2014 10:11 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

broken iris wrote:
This is good news for those same 10 people that are on the rails every goddamn show.

must be fun to not have a job

PostPosted: Mon June 30, 2014 10:31 pm 
Champion of RM

I thought I's discuss my trip to Vienna and Stockholm. I got to Stockholm on Thursday afternoon. I really enjoyed Stockholm. I enjoyed it more than I enjoyed Vienna. The weather was cool - between 55 and 70 the entire trip( :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ). I checked out the Swedish History Museum, Vasa Museum and Old Town (a lot). The city was quite breathtaking. Almost all locals spoke English quite proficiently - many with an English accent. I ate mustard breaded fried herring at Tradition (the best meal of my entire trip), reindeer steak at Agaton, Prosciutto wrapped chicken and Swedish meatballs (I wanted Elk meatballs, but very few restaurants had Elk so I had the standard beef meatballs). I did try a Swedish raspberry soda. The tourist center was very navigable by foot. The city was much smaller than I anticipated -those islands are pretty small. I simply enjoyed walking around. I would definitely go back.

PostPosted: Mon July 07, 2014 11:44 pm 
Champion of RM

It's so sad that a lot of my PJ photos were subpar.

Here is a good one:

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live