The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post subject: Re: 2014-06-25: Stadhalle: Vienne, Austria
PostPosted: Wed June 25, 2014 9:42 pm 
Champion of RM

broken iris wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
I deserve to hear Public Image as a punishment.

FTFY.

Looking forward to hearing your report!

Not as bad as The Fixer. I didn't mind it.

PostPosted: Wed June 25, 2014 9:44 pm 
Broken Tamborine

Five covers. Shit the bed. That a record for pj?

PostPosted: Wed June 25, 2014 10:01 pm 
Rank This Poster

igotworms wrote:

Champaign 2003 had 6.

PostPosted: Wed June 25, 2014 10:15 pm 
Future Drummer

I Am Mine and Just Breathe got scratched.

PostPosted: Wed June 25, 2014 10:24 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

good calls

PostPosted: Wed June 25, 2014 10:57 pm 
Polluted

Rain. I really like Rain.

PostPosted: Thu June 26, 2014 9:01 am 
Champion of RM

I really had a blast. That was a collection of PJ songs that I really digged. There was 5 covers, however, all the hits weren't played. I'll take that trade now and then. Eddie was lyrically sound. His limp was only noticeable when he tried to run. The band seemed to really dig the crowd. I thought the shit was going to hit the fan when Eddie forgot to introduce Jeff. Then he mentioned Matt and Mike again. Jeff got mentioned much later in the show during Smile. Merch was setup 2 hours late. Crazy Europeans had no interest in wing seats. I had 1 st row wing and it took me 2 hours to sell for less than face. The sea of people on the floor was nuts. The upper deck stayed seated for the entire concert.

PostPosted: Thu June 26, 2014 10:27 am 
Future Drummer

CopperTom wrote:
I really had a blast. That was a collection of PJ songs that I really digged. There was 5 covers, however, all the hits weren't played. I'll take that trade now and then. Eddie was lyrically sound. His limp was only noticeable when he tried to run. The band seemed to really dig the crowd. I thought the shit was going to hit the fan when Eddie forgot to introduce Jeff. Then he mentioned Matt and Mike again. Jeff got mentioned much later in the show during Smile. Merch was setup 2 hours late. Crazy Europeans had no interest in wing seats. I had 1 st row wing and it took me 2 hours to sell for less than face. The sea of people on the floor was nuts. The upper deck stayed seated for the entire concert.

How was it hearing Black so early in the set? That's always felt like an Encore I song to me.

PostPosted: Thu June 26, 2014 10:59 am 
10Club Complaint Department

broken iris wrote:
CopperTom wrote:

How was it hearing Black so early in the set? That's always felt like an Encore I song to me.

I like the idea of hearing it early before Ed blows out his voice singing the more raucous songs.

PostPosted: Thu June 26, 2014 11:40 am 
Broken Tamborine

tommymctom wrote:
igotworms wrote:

Champaign 2003 had 6.

Six?!?!? Bah, that's crazy. We're paying to hear Pearl Jam, after all. One or two covers, fine. But five or six is too many IMHO.

PostPosted: Thu June 26, 2014 1:55 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

igotworms wrote:
tommymctom wrote:
igotworms wrote:

Champaign 2003 had 6.

Six?!?!? Bah, that's crazy. We're paying to hear Pearl Jam, after all. One or two covers, fine. But five or six is too many IMHO.

set: Do The Evolution, Corduroy, Save You, Deep, Dissident, Elderly Woman, Even Flow, Jeremy, Thumbing My Way, You Are, I Am Mine, Habit, Untitled/MFC, Given To Fly, Nothingman, Blood, Porch
enc 1: Driven To Tears, Better Man, Crazy Mary, Know Your Rights, Fortunate Son
enc 2: Blue Red Grey, Black, Alive, Baba O'Riley

Awesome main set. Encore indeed a bit killed by covers. Still, it had never really stuck to me and that's a boot I've enjoyed many times.

PostPosted: Thu June 26, 2014 3:40 pm 
Champion of RM

Birds in Hell wrote:
broken iris wrote:
CopperTom wrote:

I like the idea of hearing it early before Ed blows out his voice singing the more raucous songs.

It worked well early on. Going in, I was unsure how i would like it. I like it when they switch up song placement. It adds a sense of freshness.

PostPosted: Thu June 26, 2014 4:18 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Is Ed still ruining Footsteps with that stupid harmonica solo?

PostPosted: Thu June 26, 2014 8:48 pm 
The worst

I like the harmonica. Or maybe I just like the more understated performance and I associate it with the harmonica

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Sat June 28, 2014 2:50 am 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

Just listened to it. Harmonica solo's there, but I don't agree that it ruined it. Solid version.

PostPosted: Sat June 28, 2014 3:21 am 
Rank This Poster

stip wrote:
I like the harmonica. Or maybe I just like the more understated performance and I associate it with the harmonica

I agree with this guy at least as much as I disagree.

PostPosted: Sun June 29, 2014 10:25 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

I'm listening to the audience recording of this show and, so far, the band sound good; real good.

:nice:

PostPosted: Mon June 30, 2014 9:52 pm 
Champion of RM

I enjoyed my trip to Vienna and Stockholm and I thought I'd discuss my trip. It started out on a mildly sour note. My first flight was cancelled so I needed to get rerouted through Philly, experienced a delay in Philly, but I got to Chicago in time to catch my flight to Vienna. I was also put on standby for the flight to Vienna so I was uneasy for that final 90 minutes. I arrived in Vienna and my GPS did not work too well. I logged an extra mile or two while carrying my baggage while attempting to get to the hotel. My calves were sore for 2 days. I was able to visit St. Stephens Cathedral, the art museum, natural history museum and the tourist strip around St. Stephens Cathedral. There were some very high-end stores there- 30,000 Euro watches, 10,000 Euro pens. If I ever win the Powerball and want to spend a quick $100,000, I'll go back. I ate Wiener Schnitzel at Figlmuller which is one of the oldest restaurants in Vienna, gnocchi with Gorgonzola sauce at Mariahifterbrau, Dumpling with Egg at Schilling and Egg Dumpling at Schilling (Dumpling with Egg and Egg Dumpling are different dishes). Some restaurants even had mustard and ketchup on their menu meaning you had to pay for it. Dinner rolls were also a pay item. Almdudler soda was absolutely spectacular, a ginger-ale esque drink. I also tried local pear juice mixed with soda water. Nothing was served with ice. Vienna was a very large city and at times it was tiring to be a tourist on foot. I regret not checking out their ferris wheel. I was completely unaware that it has "box cars" rather than carriages. I thought the people had some of the poorest sidewalk etiquette I've ever encountered and that's including NYC. The basic concept of waiting in line was difficult for many people too. I had to pay a use a toilet once.

PostPosted: Tue July 01, 2014 1:41 pm 
The Master

CopperTom wrote:
I had to pay a use a toilet once.

:thumbsup:

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live