The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: 2014-06-16: Ziggo Dome: Amsterdam, Holland
PostPosted: Thu June 19, 2014 3:14 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

I also saw something really strange. For some songs (for example Sirens) I saw Eddie had like a big carton in front of him. Was that with the lyrics? I certainly hope not, but couldn't imagine what else it would be.

PostPosted: Thu June 19, 2014 3:29 pm 
Champion of RM

Angus wrote:
I also saw something really strange. For some songs (for example Sirens) I saw Eddie had like a big carton in front of him. Was that with the lyrics? I certainly hope not, but couldn't imagine what else it would be.

The box in front that looks like a monitor is hollow and contains lyric cards. He has a bunch. He should use them more often.

PostPosted: Thu June 19, 2014 3:42 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Getaway and My Father son sounded pretty good...

PostPosted: Thu June 19, 2014 3:45 pm 
The Master

CopperTom wrote:
Angus wrote:

The box in front that looks like a monitor is hollow and contains lyric cards. He has a bunch. He should use them more often.

Its absurd that he has lyric cards and yet messes up every song.

They really shouldnt be that hard too remember. how many times has he sang these songs? More than I have and I remember them.

PostPosted: Thu June 19, 2014 4:17 pm 
Broken Tamborine

It's not that unusual for artists to have prompts. Michael Stipe always had them, for instance.

I was at a Therapy? gig recently where Andy Cairns told an anecdote about how he used to take the piss out of Ozzy Osbourne for using lyric cards, but was embarrassed to admit that he now also uses them.

The problem, of course, is when you have these prompts and STILL get the lyrics wrong, ha.

PostPosted: Thu June 19, 2014 4:22 pm 
The Master

Maybe Ed needs glasses.

PostPosted: Fri June 20, 2014 2:26 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Birds in Hell wrote:
Always pleased to see this one being wheeled out.

yes. great to see them trying this. they need to keep trying. funny to hear ed say 'i don't know why ww don't play this'. i think the answer is because you turned into a person who drinks corporate cum multiple times a day, and betrayed who you were, and stopped caring about songs with this theme.

but that aside, hopefully they keep playing this. i take this as positive momentum indicating an increased attempt to give a shit or a reflection of an increase in giving a shit as opposed to just rolling out on stage and providing a rehearsed vegas 3-times a day show bathed in nacho cheese and lazers

gotta slow the tempo a teency bit more,

and ed needs to remember the words, but that's true for almost every song;

and Ed needs to not sing 'send' in nouveau ed 'seeeyend' form and honor the lyrics a bit more,

and then just play everything from no code and mirrorball in one show

and i will be happy.

:)

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Mon June 23, 2014 9:58 pm 
Future Drummer

I still hate the downtuned versions of the songs, including Evacuation. It just sounds so wrong and shitty, like a vinyl LP playing too slow...drives me crazy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live