Switch to full style
Discuss your favorite shows, tours, concert posters...
Post a reply

Re: Let's Talk About the 2013 Tour

Wed October 11, 2017 8:40 pm

mikejasond wrote:So now literally talking about any live show all goes in one topic? So all discussion about individual live songs is all in one thread no matter the tour or show?

If you're talking about a show you're actively listening to, sure, that's the entire point of that long-running thread.

The "Let's talk about" tour threads (in my view) are more suited for broader discussion of those tours as a whole, which may of course encompass touching on individual shows, but arguably not song-by-song commentary.

Wed October 11, 2017 8:42 pm

Birds in Hell wrote:
mikejasond wrote:So now literally talking about any live show all goes in one topic? So all discussion about individual live songs is all in one thread no matter the tour or show?

If you're talking about a show you're actively listening to, sure, that's the entire point of that long-running thread.

The "Let's talk about" tour threads (in my view) are more suited for broader discussion of those tours as a whole, which may of course encompass touching on individual shows, but arguably not song-by-song commentary.

I mean I agree with that, which is why I wanted the individual topics.

Wed October 11, 2017 8:42 pm

Birds in Hell wrote:

You're not wrong, but this is also RM where threads move organically so you can kind of do what you want within the confines of the existing structures. The only problem here is making a new thread for every little thing.

Wed October 11, 2017 8:43 pm

People started by saying these should be in the tour threads. I said that should be broad discussion but they disagreed. now they've changed to it should all go in the bootleg topic and thats it, though that ALSO seems suited for a quick overall message and not a song by song breakdown

Wed October 11, 2017 8:44 pm

Here's the thing. Tour threads currently exist. The which bootleg are you listening to thread also currently exists. Use them however you see fit. Just don't make a bunch of new threads.

Wed October 11, 2017 8:45 pm

cutuphalfdead wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:

You're not wrong, but this is also RM where threads move organically so you can kind of do what you want within the confines of the existing structures. The only problem here is making a new thread for every little thing.

Yeah, I'd agree with that.

Wed October 11, 2017 8:48 pm

Well it wouldn't have been for every little thing, once a topic was created for every PJ show ever, and the index thread was updated to links to them all, it would be done

Wed October 11, 2017 8:51 pm

mikejasond wrote:Well it wouldn't have been for every little thing, once a topic was created for every PJ show ever, and the index thread was updated to links to them all, it would be done

and that would be horrible.

it's a style choice, i get that, but what you're describing is more the pit and less rm

Wed October 11, 2017 8:57 pm

mikejasond wrote:Well it wouldn't have been for every little thing, once a topic was created for every PJ show ever, and the index thread was updated to links to them all, it would be done

That's hundreds upon hundreds of shows, many of which won't have official bootlegs, some of which no recording is available of at all. Many of those earlier shows are unlikely to be played on Sirius, which seems to determine which shows you comment on.

Aside from the fact that it would create a lot of additional forum clutter, it would create a whole bunch of work too - and it's really only you who would benefit, everyone else seems not to have any issue with the way the threads operate.

Thu October 12, 2017 12:13 am

mikejasond wrote:Thats how the PJ forum works and its really nice

Well, there's your solution, bub. It is well known we aren't the official forum here. And part of that is that we don't have as much clutter as they do. If they have a system that works for you, then why are you here trying to change ours?

Thu October 12, 2017 1:15 am

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
mikejasond wrote:Thats how the PJ forum works and its really nice

Well, there's your solution, bub. It is well known we aren't the official forum here. And part of that is that we don't have as much clutter as they do. If they have a system that works for you, then why are you here trying to change ours?

did he mean the pit or pjchat here?

Thu October 12, 2017 1:28 am

I thought the Pit

Thu October 12, 2017 1:32 am

I know that's what you thought.

Thu October 12, 2017 1:37 am

Pete

Thu October 12, 2017 1:38 am

sup

Thu October 12, 2017 1:41 am

How can we get through to mjd about this?

Thu October 12, 2017 1:45 am

Charge $$$ for every thread created. That'll sort out the Dev issue too.

Thu October 12, 2017 1:47 am

We don't have a Dev issue.

Thu October 12, 2017 1:49 am

LetMeSleep wrote:Charge $$$ for every thread created. That'll sort out the Dev issue too.

GD is a free for all though, so it isn't a big deal over there. But here in PJ related stuff, we need to keep things tight

Thu October 12, 2017 1:50 am

Maybe give him his own thread "Which bootleg is mjd listening to?"
Post a reply