The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Let's Talk About the 2013 Tour
PostPosted: Fri December 13, 2013 9:43 am 
Commissioner

Kevin Davis wrote:
I can't think of one instance where Eddie cramming a swear word into an otherwise clean song doesn't sound totally juvenile. It's ridiculous at this point. You're almost fifty, dude--grow up.

There was a thread last year on the Pit where somebody dared to ask whether or not he was the only person who wished Ed didn't feel the need to cram F-bombs into songs where they didn't fit with the mood (Present Tense was his specific example). Needless to say, 99% of the replies were along the lines of "IT'S ROCK N FUCKIN ROLL. DEAL WITH IT. I LOVE WHEN EDDIE SWEARS."

Not that I was surprised by that response. In 2010, a friend of mine showed me some comments her friend was making in a chat room about seeing Pearl Jam for the first time cause she thought I'd be amused. The very first comment was something like "Apparently nothing excites Pearl Jam fans more than when Eddie swears. Every time he did, the place went absolutely nuts. I guess all Pearl Jam fans are twelve."

Her next comment was about Ed wearing sweat pants on stage. I had no defenses for either of these things. I felt shame in that moment to play the role of "that huge Pearl Jam fan" my friend knew.

PostPosted: Fri December 13, 2013 10:54 am 
Future Drummer

After listening to the first half dozen shows on PJ radio, I am surprised by the number of time Vedder screwed up the lyrics to the newer material. It's pretty much every single song on LB and I don't recall it being as bad as the boots are revealing. :-|

PostPosted: Fri December 13, 2013 12:11 pm 
Future Drummer

Kevin Davis wrote:
I can't think of one instance where Eddie cramming a swear word into an otherwise clean song doesn't sound totally juvenile. It's ridiculous at this point. You're almost fifty, dude--grow up.

I think the amount ed swears is inversely proportional to how angry he actually is. Unless someone's throwing coins at him or something.

I hate the one in I got shit. Got all these questions don't know who the fuck I'm ever gonna ask. It doesn't fit and he has to rush the whole line to get in in there.
broken iris wrote:
After listening to the first half dozen shows on PJ radio, I am surprised by the number of time Vedder screwed up the lyrics to the newer material. It's pretty much every single song on LB and I don't recall it being as bad as the boots are revealing. :-|

The real problems are gonna start when ed starts swapping every word he's forgotten for variations of 'fuck'.

Once I saw him on a beach of weathered fuck fucking fuckity fuckin wave fuckinfuck fucker on the porch but they don't wave.

PostPosted: Fri December 13, 2013 8:42 pm 
"Supersonic sucks."

broken iris wrote:

I listened to Brooklyn 2 and it seemed as though Ed was blanking on lyrics at some point during most of the songs - the worst offender being Unthought Known, which he seemed to forget entirely. Rats and State of Love and Trust in the main set were quite impressive band performances but Ed's stumbling kind of ruined both.

PostPosted: Fri December 13, 2013 8:46 pm 
"Supersonic sucks."

theplatypus wrote:
mray10 wrote:
I've always been annoyed by Eddie's penchant for singing, "fucking trip" in Present Tense, since it just seems like too nice(?) of a song to put the invective in ... but Buffalo's "All i feel is fucking calm," in Low Light is really a new low in this regard.

I agree with you.

Kevin Davis wrote:

Yeah, this is simply awful.

I imagine I'd cringe if I were at the shows but it sounds downright embarrassing on the boots - and, yes, the crowd appears largely to go bananas every single time.

PostPosted: Fri December 13, 2013 8:50 pm 
Future Drummer

I really think at this point Ed needs a teleprompter, he is almost full retard going onto 49.

PostPosted: Fri December 13, 2013 10:25 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

lowlight79 wrote:
I really think at this point Ed needs a teleprompter, he is almost full retard going onto 49.

I don't know if it would help, he fucks up lyrics when he's reading them from a sheet sometimes. Other Side in Worcester being an example of this.

PostPosted: Fri December 13, 2013 10:45 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

numbers wrote:
lowlight79 wrote:

I don't know if it would help, he fucks up lyrics when he's reading them from a sheet sometimes. Other Side in Worcester being an example of this.

this is where a high school education could come in handy.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sat December 14, 2013 1:50 am 
Mind Your Tanners

BurtReynolds wrote:
numbers wrote:
lowlight79 wrote:

zingg

PostPosted: Sat December 14, 2013 1:54 am 
Future Drummer

BurtReynolds wrote:
numbers wrote:
lowlight79 wrote:

:haha: :haha: :li:

PostPosted: Sat December 14, 2013 10:17 pm 
Champion of RM

It was a very good year for Porch.

PostPosted: Sat December 14, 2013 11:37 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

CopperTom wrote:
It was a very good year for Porch.

Very good.

Mike and Stone were pretty much on fire all year.

PostPosted: Sun December 15, 2013 11:57 pm 
Future Drummer

hlniv wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:
numbers wrote:
lowlight79 wrote:

:haha: :haha: :li:

Brooklyn 2 - rank the flubs!

1. "Fuck my sucking life out man!" - Blood
2. "The love of a wonderful is um-and-a-fear, yeah!" - Leaving Here
3. "___________________________________________________________" - Unthought Known
4. "And the pile of whisper, and the danger darkness" - SOLAT

PostPosted: Tue December 24, 2013 6:41 pm 
Rank This Poster

mastaflatch wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
numbers wrote:
Kevin Davis wrote:

He sometimes sings "this aint a fucking movie" in Cropduster, and for unknown reasons, that one works for me.

Yeah that's one of the few that doesn't really bother me.

this and "Our future days, days of you fucking me" are nice.

Is this one real? I hope it is.

PostPosted: Wed October 11, 2017 8:22 pm 
Future Drummer

For some reason I am forced to post in here so.....whatever....

The 10.11 pittsburgh show is on Sirius XM online today, so lets see how it goes.

I remember feeling pretty good about Eddie on these shows at the time though in retrospect I think 2014 shows are better.

Pendulum to open. This would be a standard on the tour and I think it was a good decision. I loved the two openers with slow start thing they did at this time. It was a great use of this song to put it in the live repertoire as like an intro. It really worked and was a very inspired choice IMO.

PostPosted: Wed October 11, 2017 8:25 pm 
Future Drummer

Is Of the Girl pretty much always an opener? (Or semi-opener here).

I never really love it in that spot but I guess there's no other real spot for it.

PostPosted: Wed October 11, 2017 8:27 pm 
"Supersonic sucks."

mikejasond wrote:
For some reason I am forced to post in here so.....whatever....

The "Which bootleg are you listening to?" thread would seem more appropriate.

PostPosted: Wed October 11, 2017 8:31 pm 
Future Drummer

So now literally talking about any live show all goes in one topic? So all discussion about individual live songs is all in one thread no matter the tour or show?

PostPosted: Wed October 11, 2017 8:37 pm 
Poster of the Year

mikejasond wrote:
So now literally talking about any live show all goes in one topic? So all discussion about individual live songs is all in one thread no matter the tour or show?

The tour threads and the which bootleg are you listening to thread are both appropriate for talking about shows in. Use the one that makes the most sense to you. Just don't go making a new thread for every single bootleg you listen to, because that's crazy and isn't how things are done here.

PostPosted: Wed October 11, 2017 8:38 pm 
Future Drummer

Its just that now the bootleg thread will end up being ten pages of me rambling with no organization or anything about completely different shows. I still don't get why its crazy to have a topic for individual boots, and an index thread for lookup. Thats how the PJ forum works and its really nice

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live