The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: 11/19/2013 Phoenix Setlist Thread
PostPosted: Wed November 20, 2013 11:46 am 
Future Drummer

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Anyone see a picture of the setlist? I wonder if they added/dropped anything

Look at that list... WTH could they have cut? Just A Girl?

PostPosted: Wed November 20, 2013 11:48 am 
Mind Your Tanners

broken iris wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Anyone see a picture of the setlist? I wonder if they added/dropped anything

Look at that list... WTH could they have cut? Just A Girl?

No idea, but it seems there are always 1 or 2 slight changes every night

PostPosted: Wed November 20, 2013 12:25 pm 
Future Drummer

Jeff intro music! Que?

35 songs? Damn. Awesome poster too, best one I've seen in a long while.

PostPosted: Wed November 20, 2013 12:36 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

yeah, im really curious about the jeff intro music

PostPosted: Wed November 20, 2013 12:46 pm 
The worst

any reports?

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Wed November 20, 2013 1:35 pm 
Future Drummer

Yeah there was some intro music, and I've heard it before. I think from the new album. I can't remember

This is probably typical of Ed, but he was pretty hammered towards the end. Eddie making random, nonsensical Eddie comments. I have to say I laughed when he said, "This one goes out to Yuma!"

The setlist was of course fantastic. It could have been awkward during the first encore. Ed said they had one for the serious collector, but they would "be playing some hits after." So they played "Hard to Imagine", which was what I was hoping for. Then when HTI ended, Ed says, "Fuck it! Play the other one too!". So they played another b-side with "Footsteps". I think five b-sides in total? I was happy about that. "Down" was great.

The band seemed to be in good spirits, and Ed just wanted to keep playing. The only downer was that the lights were turned on during the last three songs (probably cause they went over time?). It kind of lost the mood, but oh well. And they should never end a show with "Indifference". It makes for an awkward goodbye after everyones emotional high from "Free World"

PostPosted: Wed November 20, 2013 2:08 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Ya, as much as I love indifference, it's not a good closer.

PostPosted: Wed November 20, 2013 2:11 pm 
AnalLog

numbers wrote:
Ya, as much as I love indifference, it's not a good closer.

I always thought Indifference would make for a great slow opener, but I don't think they've opened with it more than once or twice

PostPosted: Wed November 20, 2013 2:43 pm 
The worst

Harry Lime wrote:
Yeah there was some intro music, and I've heard it before. I think from the new album. I can't remember

This is probably typical of Ed, but he was pretty hammered towards the end. Eddie making random, nonsensical Eddie comments. I have to say I laughed when he said, "This one goes out to Yuma!"

The setlist was of course fantastic. It could have been awkward during the first encore. Ed said they had one for the serious collector, but they would "be playing some hits after." So they played "Hard to Imagine", which was what I was hoping for. Then when HTI ended, Ed says, "Fuck it! Play the other one too!". So they played another b-side with "Footsteps". I think five b-sides in total? I was happy about that. "Down" was great.

The band seemed to be in good spirits, and Ed just wanted to keep playing. The only downer was that the lights were turned on during the last three songs (probably cause they went over time?). It kind of lost the mood, but oh well. And they should never end a show with "Indifference". It makes for an awkward goodbye after everyones emotional high from "Free World"

the lights come up at the end fairly often. Maybe alive is slightly unusual. Anyway, I don't know that it was because of going over time

And I love indifference as a closer. It's a nice transitional cooldown to your post show life

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Wed November 20, 2013 3:02 pm 
Future Drummer

guys (and chloe), I have a feeling there are gonna be some legitimately epic shows coming up.

PostPosted: Wed November 20, 2013 3:10 pm 
AnalLog

broken iris wrote:
guys (and chloe), I have a feeling there are gonna be some legitimately epic shows coming up.

It's hard to tell just from a setlist, though. The crowd is really what makes a show "epic", IMO. It could be a greatest hits show and I wouldn't care, as long as the crowd is really into it then the band will be amazing.

PostPosted: Wed November 20, 2013 3:16 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Chloe wrote:
broken iris wrote:

It's hard to tell just from a setlist, though. The crowd is really what makes a show "epic", IMO. It could be a greatest hits show and I wouldn't care, as long as the crowd is really into it then the band will be amazing.

That is so true. This one does look really strong. Hope the crowd really got into it.

PostPosted: Wed November 20, 2013 3:22 pm 
AnalLog

EJ wrote:
Chloe wrote:
broken iris wrote:

That is so true. This one does look really strong. Hope the crowd really got into it.

For sure, setlist looks great. From the few comments I've read so for, the crowd was really into it.

PostPosted: Wed November 20, 2013 3:23 pm 
Future Drummer

EJ wrote:
Chloe wrote:
broken iris wrote:

Well, yeah, but nothing gets the 10c section excited like a mixed up setlist. Not doing pendulum and putting yellow moon in the main set probably shocked the heck out of the crowd.

PostPosted: Wed November 20, 2013 3:26 pm 
Broken Tamborine

Last night was pretty fantastic.

Long Road > Release > Low Light :thumbsup:

I thought the LB material played really well, with the exception of Getaway which was tuned down and just sounds sludgy as a result. End of the main set started to lose me a bit--nothing bad, really, just a few song choices that would be toward the bottom of my list.

But that first encore. :shock:

I have no use for Bee Girl, but whatever, it takes all of a minute or two. Around the Bend was an unexpected treat. Maybe played because there were a couple parents with young kids on the shoulders near the front? It also seemed to have a sort of TexMex vibe going last night, mostly in the way Eddie as playing it. Obviously the song has a country feel anyway, but this was especially heavy on that.

Future Days is a perfectly nice song. Crowd actually seemed to like that one.

Then, as someone previosly mentioned, Ed asked if they could do one for "the serious collector," which was HTI, and then at the end of it he looked at Stone and said, "let's do the other one, too," and so Footsteps, which also seemed to get a really big reaction.

Down was excellent and Unthought Known was not terrible. Excellent Porch. The building was really going after that.

Eddie's geography really needs work. "Scottsdale" as a small town, Ed? Jeez, last year he told a whole long story about being stuck in Gila Bend for two weeks, so he knows about that place. That's a small town.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned that Nils Lofgren joined the band for Free World. As guests for that song go, that's pretty cool.

All around excellent showing from the band and, I must say, from the Phoenix crowd. I know the show didn't technically sell out, but the building was full, even up in the upper levels. Granted I was on the floor, but most of the crowd seemed to have sustained interest throughout a long and varied set, as well.

PostPosted: Wed November 20, 2013 3:28 pm 
Broken Tamborine

Can anyone hazard a guess what was crossed out on that set in favor of STBC in the second encore?

PostPosted: Wed November 20, 2013 3:54 pm 
Broken Tamborine

Chloe wrote:
EJ wrote:
Chloe wrote:
broken iris wrote:

For sure, setlist looks great. From the few comments I've read so for, the crowd was really into it.

It was a great set. Crowd was very, very good. More of a mellower set. When they played Yellow Moon early, it just felt like it would be something special for the acoustic set, and it was. Just awesome. Infallible is amazing live. I agree, they don't have Getaway worked out. Too bad, love that song.
On a side note, as a new father this whole bringing your 5 year old to get Ed's attention seems somewhat shady. Be it from me to tell anyone what to do but it just seems not right. Plus it's annoying.
Awesome show, thought this would not be as great as SD tomorrow, but now they have a lot of work to do to top this.

PostPosted: Wed November 20, 2013 3:54 pm 
AnalLog

mray10 wrote:
Can anyone hazard a guess what was crossed out on that set in favor of STBC in the second encore?

Crazy Mary?

PostPosted: Wed November 20, 2013 3:56 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

mray10 wrote:

hard to tell, could it be RVM ? wired spot for it though

PostPosted: Wed November 20, 2013 3:56 pm 
Broken Tamborine

jdopj wrote:
Chloe wrote:
EJ wrote:
Chloe wrote:
broken iris wrote:

It was a great set. Crowd was very, very good. More of a mellower set. When they played Yellow Moon early, it just felt like it would be something special for the acoustic set, and it was. Just awesome. Infallible is amazing live. I agree, they don't have Getaway worked out. Too bad, love that song.
On a side note, as a new father this whole bringing your 5 year old to get Ed's attention seems somewhat shady. Be it from me to tell anyone what to do but it just seems not right. Plus it's annoying.
Awesome show, thought this would not be as great as SD tomorrow, but now they have a lot of work to do to top this.

As I was leaving, one of those guys was running around whooping it up and playing the tambourine Ed had tossed to them. Fucking jackass, that was for your kid.

Also, parent of the year!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live