The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: [Official Setlist Thread] Charlotte, NC: 30-October-13
PostPosted: Thu October 31, 2013 3:52 pm 
Poster of the Year

theplatypus wrote:
mackeycold wrote:

This is a good example of how down-tuning can make a song sound completely bland.

Yeah it sucked.

PostPosted: Thu October 31, 2013 4:14 pm 
The Master

evenslow wrote:
That YouTube of Getaway was maybe the only time I actually noticed a down-tuning in a negative way w/o someone pointing it out. Normally I could care less, but to my ears it took away from the energy of that particular song. Oh well.

I dont really listen to boots anymore and im sure actually being there in person would be exciting. That is all

PostPosted: Thu October 31, 2013 4:15 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

evenslow wrote:
That YouTube of Getaway was maybe the only time I actually noticed a down-tuning in a negative way w/o someone pointing it out. Normally I could care less, but to my ears it took away from the energy of that particular song. Oh well.

You sociopath.

PostPosted: Thu October 31, 2013 4:19 pm 
AnalLog

I don't care how shitty you guys think Getaway was, it was awesome to be at the show where they played it the first time.

PostPosted: Thu October 31, 2013 4:20 pm 
tl;dr

Pretty excited to see more call-and-response appearing in the setlist.

PostPosted: Thu October 31, 2013 4:26 pm 
Stone's Bitch

Strat wrote:
evenslow wrote:

I dont really listen to boots anymore and im sure actually being there in person would be exciting. That is all

Fo sho. I think the only time I've really noticed something sounding like absolute shit in person was LB and FD at Wrigley.

PostPosted: Thu October 31, 2013 4:36 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Chloe wrote:
I don't care how shitty you guys think Getaway was, it was awesome to be at the show where they played it the first time.

PostPosted: Thu October 31, 2013 4:40 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

I can't say enough how awesome last night's Immortality was.

PostPosted: Thu October 31, 2013 5:00 pm 
Future Drummer

evenslow wrote:
Strat wrote:
evenslow wrote:

Fo sho. I think the only time I've really noticed something sounding like absolute shit in person was LB and FD at Wrigley.

Well, those two sounded a heck of a lot better this tour than at Wrigley, so there's hope for Getaway yet.

PostPosted: Thu October 31, 2013 5:07 pm 
AnalLog

broken iris wrote:
MattA75 wrote:

I would say the idea that the second show was always better/more interesting was valid up through 1998 but since 2000 that has not really held true at all. And 2nd to last syndrome has held true in the past with this band...people shot their wad over State College in 2003 but the Buffalo show the night before absolutely destroys it.

Interesting. I never noticed but I'll be sure to keep it in mind should I ever travel to PJ shows again.

And the Penn State show thing has always been a question of length vs girth. That show was long, but not all that satisfying.

That's what makes Buffalo great...it's long and satisfying...still might be my favorite show of all time

PostPosted: Thu October 31, 2013 5:09 pm 
Rank This Poster

were 'simple man' and war pigs just riffs?

PostPosted: Thu October 31, 2013 5:21 pm 
Banned from the Pit

warehouse wrote:

Mike played the simple man riff for awhile, I thought they were really going to play it. Can't remember war pigs...

PostPosted: Thu October 31, 2013 5:32 pm 
Stone's Bitch

broken iris wrote:
evenslow wrote:
Strat wrote:
evenslow wrote:

Well, those two sounded a heck of a lot better this tour than at Wrigley, so there's hope for Getaway yet.

Yep LB gets most improved award.

PostPosted: Thu October 31, 2013 7:02 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

Yeah, the crowd for this gig was just really unenthusiastic until late in the set. From the first few songs you could tell it was gonna be a downer of an evening after Charlottesville. The biggest singalongs were Just Breathe, Betterman, and Elderly Woman, all at the end of the set. You had people constantly streaming for the concourse during new and older material all night long, and just a crowd of people mostly there because it was a big band playing their first show in town in a decade.

Stone and Eddie seemed like they were in a really happy mood most of the night, particularly when joking about the number 1 album, Stone's tits, and the Small Town false start. Both of them were laughing it up on the big screens.

I'd been hoping for Immortality, they played it, and it was incredible. Mike's solo felt powerful and flawless. Just jaw-droppingly awesome. Kind of surprised it took this long to play Getaway, but yeah, it kind of stumbled with the tuning, although the audience reaction was really strong from the 10C seats.

Happy I made the drive and sad to see my run of shows end, but it was a really fun ride. If you're up for New Orleans or the west coast it should be a blast.

PostPosted: Thu October 31, 2013 7:04 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
I can't say enough how awesome last night's Immortality was.

Looking forward to it. So far, of the live versions I've heard, Katowice 2's Immortality is my favorite.

PostPosted: Thu October 31, 2013 7:55 pm 

Yellow Moon, LB, MYM and surprisingly Sirens all translate well live. Also Pendulum. I'm a big fan of Infallible but didn't come across well live.

PostPosted: Thu October 31, 2013 7:58 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

Kevin Davis wrote:
Pretty excited to see more call-and-response appearing in the setlist.

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri November 01, 2013 2:44 am 
Mind Your Tanners

bu9aboo wrote:
warehouse wrote:

Mike played the simple man riff for awhile, I thought they were really going to play it. Can't remember war pigs...

At the end of alive stone threw in some Sabbath while mike was on the floor, im pretty sure it was war pigs, and i think its a regular thing because stone did the same in charlottesville

PostPosted: Fri November 01, 2013 4:18 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
bu9aboo wrote:
warehouse wrote:

At the end of alive stone threw in some Sabbath while mike was on the floor, im pretty sure it was war pigs, and i think its a regular thing because stone did the same in charlottesville

War Pigs was more subtle but long enough riff tag. Simple Man was several licks where I thought homeboy was gonna whip into an instrumental little wing or eruption-style.

PostPosted: Fri November 01, 2013 12:35 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Beer wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
bu9aboo wrote:
warehouse wrote:

War Pigs was more subtle but long enough riff tag. Simple Man was several licks where I thought homeboy was gonna whip into an instrumental little wing or eruption-style.

definitely looked like it was gonna be a full song or something, but then he just turned around and set the guitar down. very cool to hear him play that and also the little Zep medley the night before

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live