The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 281 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: [Official Setlist Thread] Charlottesville, VA: 29-Octobe
PostPosted: Wed November 13, 2013 3:14 pm 
Future Drummer

Breath at PJ20 was probably best the best version I have ever seen.

PostPosted: Wed November 13, 2013 3:30 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

broken iris wrote:
Breath at PJ20 was probably best the best version I have ever seen.

im still hoping they plan to release a DVD of both shows to bring back the memories

PostPosted: Wed November 13, 2013 6:29 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

jdopj wrote:
Will wrote:
Wrigley was an experience all on its own. It was a really, really weird concert experience. Driving out of the city that night at 3:30 AM, I just remember asking myself if that really happened. I seriously doubt anyone who saw that show will ever have a concert experience like that ever again. But Philly 1 had a great crowd all night and tons of energy and Charlottesville had the best crowd and best setlist I'd seen. The start of every song was like fuckin' Christmas morning at this gig. Release, In My Tree, Jeremy, Down, Big Wave, Sad, Breath, Alive, Baba O'Riley, Little Wing. So incredibly kickass from Pendulum to the end.

I was at both Wrigley and Balt, and while Wrigley will always be the most unique, wierd experience I have had at a concert, it doesn't touch Balt in show quality. It didn't help that my seats were terrible for Wrigley.

Yeah Wrigley was just a once in a lifetime sort of experience. I won't accept criticism of that show from any one who wasn't there. It was sensationally odd, weird, hopeless, invigorating, enthralling, life-affirming, [insert your adjective]. If people wanted a unique experience, they sure got it.

I love hearing about shows like Charlottesville. People always gun for the big city shows but I love the band even more for putting their all into a lower attention getting show like this. Might be the bootleg grabber of the whole tour. I dream one day they do a tour through small towns like Bob Dylan did at minor league ballparks some years ago.

PostPosted: Wed November 13, 2013 7:34 pm 

Yeah, at the end of the show with the crowd roaring and Eddie thankful, he asked if it was always like this, with a really enthusiastic crowd. Lexington, KY was like that 10 years ago. Smaller city, never played there before, and the crowd was into it 100% all night long. Its understandable why they don't play lots of southern cities, but occasionally there's one out of the way town that harnesses that energy and surprises everyone.

Can't remember if I mentioned it in the thread earlier, but speaking of Breath, its one of my favorites from the early days. Heard it only once or twice before. Philly 2 was a great version, but here at Charlottesville, the dude directly in front of me with his girlfriend after the first encore was telling me and my buddy about how he's always wanted to hear Breath, but never got it at any of the shows he's seen. The band walks back out and rips into it. And we were all going nuts. Weird magical shit like that happened all throughout this early run of shows.

PostPosted: Wed November 13, 2013 7:49 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Will wrote:
Yeah, at the end of the show with the crowd roaring and Eddie thankful, he asked if it was always like this, with a really enthusiastic crowd. Lexington, KY was like that 10 years ago. Smaller city, never played there before, and the crowd was into it 100% all night long. Its understandable why they don't play lots of southern cities, but occasionally there's one out of the way town that harnesses that energy and surprises everyone.

Can't remember if I mentioned it in the thread earlier, but speaking of Breath, its one of my favorites from the early days. Heard it only once or twice before. Philly 2 was a great version, but here at Charlottesville, the dude directly in front of me with his girlfriend after the first encore was telling me and my buddy about how he's always wanted to hear Breath, but never got it at any of the shows he's seen. The band walks back out and rips into it. And we were all going nuts. Weird magical shit like that happened all throughout this early run of shows.

some dude who was pretty drunk and not someone i really wanted to talk to was a few rows closer then me and talking to his friends about how Big Wave would be the ultimate Rarity for him because he had wanted to hear it live for a long time, i didnt catch the beginning of the conversation to know if he mentioned it because he could hear the soundcheck, but i did hear the sound check and thought about telling him there was a good possibility it would be played, i hope he was still conscious by that point :haha:

PostPosted: Thu November 14, 2013 6:01 am 

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Will wrote:

some dude who was pretty drunk and not someone i really wanted to talk to was a few rows closer then me and talking to his friends about how Big Wave would be the ultimate Rarity for him because he had wanted to hear it live for a long time, i didnt catch the beginning of the conversation to know if he mentioned it because he could hear the soundcheck, but i did hear the sound check and thought about telling him there was a good possibility it would be played, i hope he was still conscious by that point :haha:

That was also another thing I loved. When they pulled that out in honor of the Virginia Beach surfers, I was thinking about how every time I hit that spot, there are 3 foot waves. But I love the studio cut so finally hearing it live was completely out from left field. And then they went into Sad, and then Porch. So awesome.

PostPosted: Thu November 14, 2013 11:48 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Will wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Will wrote:

That was also another thing I loved. When they pulled that out in honor of the Virginia Beach surfers, I was thinking about how every time I hit that spot, there are 3 foot waves. But I love the studio cut so finally hearing it live was completely out from left field. And then they went into Sad, and then Porch. So awesome.

When i get the boot and start comparing it to other shows I've been too, this one is gonna be so close to the top, the only thing that may keep it from passing my current favorite will be that i was front row in Columbia in 08 and the band, setlist and crowd were all amazing that night as well

PostPosted: Sat November 16, 2013 3:06 pm 

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Will wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Will wrote:

When i get the boot and start comparing it to other shows I've been too, this one is gonna be so close to the top, the only thing that may keep it from passing my current favorite will be that i was front row in Columbia in 08 and the band, setlist and crowd were all amazing that night as well

I dunno if I can do that anymore and say that a gig was definitively the best one I've seen them play. They all kind of roll together after a while and while some edge out others, they're all still awesome.

PostPosted: Tue November 26, 2013 9:15 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

My tour is done. I've had a chance to listen to all the boots of the shows I saw...This is the best show of my tour.

'05 - 9/15, 9/16
'06 - 5/12, 5/13
'08 - 6/28, 6/30
'10 - 5/17
'11 - 9/12
'13 - 10/12, 10/15, 10/16, 10/25, 10/29
'16 - 08/25
'17 - 80/30
'18 - 8/10, 8/20, 9/4, 9/29

PostPosted: Tue November 26, 2013 9:26 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

fitzy wrote:
My tour is done. I've had a chance to listen to all the boots of the shows I saw...This is the best show of my tour.

which other shows did you make it to?

PostPosted: Sat November 30, 2013 4:23 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
fitzy wrote:

which other shows did you make it to?

'05 - 9/15, 9/16
'06 - 5/12, 5/13
'08 - 6/28, 6/30
'10 - 5/17
'11 - 9/12
'16 - 08/25
'17 - 80/30
'18 - 8/10, 8/20, 9/4, 9/29

PostPosted: Wed February 12, 2014 3:08 pm 
Future Drummer

A multicam/sbd mix of this show appeared on youtube yesterday. Then the dude took it private, because the unwashed masses don't deserve such an amazing thing.

PostPosted: Wed February 12, 2014 3:44 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

broken iris wrote:
A multicam/sbd mix of this show appeared on youtube yesterday. Then the dude took it private, because the unwashed masses don't deserve such an amazing thing.

and, how was it, hopefully you had a chance to check it out?

PostPosted: Wed February 12, 2014 3:52 pm 
Champion of RM

youtu.be/OJCIpi-2tOI

It will be Torrented as a DVD in the coming weeks.

PostPosted: Wed February 12, 2014 3:59 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

CopperTom wrote:
youtu.be/OJCIpi-2tOI

It will be Torrented as a DVD in the coming weeks.

wow, thanks. just started it, sounds incredible.

PostPosted: Wed February 12, 2014 10:13 pm 
Future Drummer

It's just the official bootleg audio, right?

The video does look very well done, though.

PostPosted: Wed February 12, 2014 10:31 pm 
Future Drummer

hlniv wrote:
It's just the official bootleg audio, right?

The video does look very well done, though.

Sounds like it, but I don't mind at all. I love it when fans do this kinda thing. I do wish they would mix more crowd noise into the boots. It's almost like a rough studio cut and the crowd noise is added by pro-tools or something similiar.

PostPosted: Tue February 18, 2014 2:44 pm 
Champion of RM

Blu Ray Torrent: https://kickass.to/pj-c-ville-2013-blu- ... 83899.html

DVD may not be made. The creator was not happy with the results.

PostPosted: Tue February 18, 2014 3:52 pm 
Future Drummer
 WWW  Profile

I've never been a huge fan of The End... but damn this version is just so powerful... That whole 1st encore is really something special

PostPosted: Wed February 19, 2014 12:06 pm 
Future Drummer

Up to the first encore, Kinda of ironic that Ed mention's running something by the accountant with there recent COO problems. Guys, whoever said that was the best version of Grievance is some time is on some really good drugs.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 281 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live