The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: PHILADELPHIA NIGHT 1 SETLIST THREAD [21 October 2013]
PostPosted: Tue October 22, 2013 4:05 pm 
Banned from the Pit

They are on fire this tour. Stone is really into it, he was great last night. Matt is playing the best I have heard him since he has been with the band. They have him turned way up so the drums are really booming at these shows. On past tours I thought they sounded dull and hollow (I don't know what the technical term is but there was no "umpf" to them). Mike is Mike, doing what he does. Vedder sounds great, although last night he was having some trouble with the harder party of the heavy songs so he was letting the crowd do more with those than usual. Great energy, I love the way the sets are laid out this tour. I've seen then countless times since 95, has to be approaching 60 shows and I think overall they sound the best I have heard, with maybe the exception of the 96 tour. Even Crazy Mary sounded awesome, they somehow managed to resurrect a song that I hoped I'd never hear again.

Highlights - 3 opening songs, LTRP, Not For You, RVM, the entire 2nd set was perfect especially 1/2 Full.

Lowlights - Pilate prompted a piss break and the bathroom was 3 people deep at each urinal. I think they play I Got Shit way too fast. Wishlist (I guess they need to play some stuff for the girls). Beer Prices inside. The 2 girls I overheard walking out complaining about not hearing Daughter or Nothingman.

Anyone from out of town that likes beer hit up Victory Brewing in xFinity Live. They have some awesome stuff on tap, I took a liking to their DIPA (Wolf Something).

PostPosted: Tue October 22, 2013 4:12 pm 
Future Drummer

jimmy mac wrote:
Anyone from out of town that likes beer hit up Victory Brewing in xFinity Live. They have some awesome stuff on tap, I took a liking to their DIPA (Wolf Something).

I may just do that. Got nothing to do today after completing the cheesesteak trifecta with lunch at Tony Lukes. We get stuff from Victory in bottles in DC, but I haven't had any of their IPAs.

PostPosted: Tue October 22, 2013 4:30 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

jimmy mac wrote:
They are on fire this tour. Stone is really into it, he was great last night. Matt is playing the best I have heard him since he has been with the band. They have him turned way up so the drums are really booming at these shows. On past tours I thought they sounded dull and hollow (I don't know what the technical term is but there was no "umpf" to them). Mike is Mike, doing what he does. Vedder sounds great, although last night he was having some trouble with the harder party of the heavy songs so he was letting the crowd do more with those than usual. Great energy, I love the way the sets are laid out this tour. I've seen then countless times since 95, has to be approaching 60 shows and I think overall they sound the best I have heard, with maybe the exception of the 96 tour. Even Crazy Mary sounded awesome, they somehow managed to resurrect a song that I hoped I'd never hear again.

Highlights - 3 opening songs, LTRP, Not For You, RVM, the entire 2nd set was perfect especially 1/2 Full.

Lowlights - Pilate prompted a piss break and the bathroom was 3 people deep at each urinal. I think they play I Got Shit way too fast. Wishlist (I guess they need to play some stuff for the girls). Beer Prices inside. The 2 girls I overheard walking out complaining about not hearing Daughter or Nothingman.

using pilate as a piss break song :shake:

PostPosted: Tue October 22, 2013 5:27 pm 
The worst

This is an unscientific sample, but it is a testament to how good the show was at brooklyn that

A: you did not see many people streaming for the exits during Ledbetter and

B: you did not see people streaming for the exits during even flow.

Except Dime :)

Running TSIS Review

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Tue October 22, 2013 5:31 pm 
Rank This Poster

im not even sure where to start. i still feel like im floating from last nights show, and im going back tonight.

i got in just in time to see pendulum. im sure ive blown this song enough in the official song thread, but its like every time i hear it i like it more. vedder seemed real focused and and intense singing it last night. it was just outstanding to hear live, i think it holds up w/ anything they've ever written. i also really like how they start the shows w/ a few slow ones, gives us more of a chance to hear songs that are usually only openers.

all of the new stuff sounds good. i think 'infallible' and 'yellow moon' stood out the most besides 'pendulum'. 'not for you' was actually refreshingly good. they lost that "happy" vibe to it, so it sounds like it should again. they also seemed to have worked out a jam on this, and a couple others. i think 'porch' had the old riff from unplugged during the jam, too. even the 'evenflow' solo was awesome.

both encores were outstanding. "given to fly" was like a huge shot of adrenaline after being hypnotized by the first half of the encore. before 'crazy mary' ed brought booms brother on stage b/c they flew him into the show for his bday. it was pretty cool. then ed got back to the mic and there was a kid directly in front of him who was celebrating his 18th bday. ed was gonna give him some of his wine, but mentioned he didnt want pictures on twitter of him giving alcohol to underage kids. he ended up going down to him during the jam and giving him and whoever he was with some wine. then he let the kid keep the bottle. pretty fuckin cool gift for an 18th birthday. i loved the ending too. i was sure they were gonna play 'free world' after alive b/c the house lights were on. i was pleasantly surprised they went into 'sonic reducer'. thats been one of my favorite covers forever. 'indifference' was also awesome. i never heard it live, and i always thought the idea of playing it last was weird, but it really works. it seemed like the people who didnt know what it was were leaving, and everyone else was super excited they were playing it.

a couple of firsts: i got flagged by some fat chick serving beer b/c my eyes were "too red". i asked her what that had to do w/ beer, then decided to walk the extra 20 feet to the next beer distributor. next, some dude behind me started crying about pot smoke. i told him to go fuck himself, he's at a rock concert. he also started crying after i had already put the joint out. im sure he was a cop.

excellent show, cant wait for tonight!

PostPosted: Tue October 22, 2013 5:58 pm 
Future Drummer

The people leaving during Indifference were probably the ones who had seen the set list photo and knew the show was over, so they wanted to beat the crowd to lots.

PostPosted: Tue October 22, 2013 6:10 pm 
A Return To Form

darth_vedder wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
so they played 34 songs night one, what will they do for night 2

Hopefully bust out In My Tree, Insignificance, and Tremor Christ.

:thumbsup: I would approve of this.

PostPosted: Tue October 22, 2013 6:38 pm 
Rank This Poster

broken iris wrote:
The people leaving during Indifference were probably the ones who had seen the set list photo and knew the show was over, so they wanted to beat the crowd to lots.

u left during indifference, huh?

PostPosted: Tue October 22, 2013 7:37 pm 
AnalLog

jimmy mac wrote:

How was the crowd reaction to LTRP?

Thank you and Warehouse for the reviews. It sounds awesome!

PostPosted: Tue October 22, 2013 7:50 pm 
Future Drummer

warehouse wrote:
broken iris wrote:

u left during indifference, huh?

Nah, I hate spoilers so I don't look or leave until its over.

PostPosted: Tue October 22, 2013 8:03 pm 
Banned from the Pit

broken iris wrote:
jimmy mac wrote:

I may just do that. Got nothing to do today after completing the cheesesteak trifecta with lunch at Tony Lukes. We get stuff from Victory in bottles in DC, but I haven't had any of their IPAs.

They have some really good stuff. Where did you go for cheesesteaks? Tony Luke's everything except cheesesteaks are fantastic. The shame of it for visitors is that the best cheesesteak place is up in the Northeast section of the city called Joe's Steak and Soda Shop (Formerly "Chink's" recently renamed due to pressure).

PostPosted: Tue October 22, 2013 8:05 pm 
Banned from the Pit

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:

using pilate as a piss break song :shake:

That song grates my ears after the first 30 seconds. If it was 30 seconds long I'd love it. It's not only my least favorite PJ song (close with Evacuation and Glorified G), it's one of my least favorite songs by anyone.

PostPosted: Tue October 22, 2013 8:07 pm 
Poster of the Year

PostPosted: Tue October 22, 2013 8:11 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

cutuphalfdead wrote:

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue October 22, 2013 8:12 pm 
Banned from the Pit

Hatfield wrote:
jimmy mac wrote:

How was the crowd reaction to LTRP?

Thank you and Warehouse for the reviews. It sounds awesome!

LTRP seemed to have the crowd going. The only fast song the crowd was a little dormant for (but still into, just not as much as others) was Lightning Bolt. Also seemed like Infallible had a low reaction from the crowd. I'd say in general the crowd didn't really get warmed up till Brain of J. I was a little worried, but from there out everyone was into it. I had a great view was 12 rows up from the floor in the seats that would be looking at the 5th row if there were rows on the floor, on Stone's side.

PostPosted: Tue October 22, 2013 8:15 pm 
Banned from the Pit

cutuphalfdead wrote:

Horrible

PostPosted: Tue October 22, 2013 8:44 pm 
Future Drummer

jimmy mac wrote:
broken iris wrote:
jimmy mac wrote:

They have some really good stuff. Where did you go for cheesesteaks? Tony Luke's everything except cheesesteaks are fantastic. The shame of it for visitors is that the best cheesesteak place is up in the Northeast section of the city called Joe's Steak and Soda Shop (Formerly "Chink's" recently renamed due to pressure).

Tony Lukes. Wish I had seen this before I went, it was not so good.

PostPosted: Tue October 22, 2013 8:47 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

jimmy mac wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

Horrible

well it WAS dedicated to BO'B, so...

PostPosted: Tue October 22, 2013 8:49 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

:lol: "OH SHIT I forgot I sing right off the bat"

PostPosted: Tue October 22, 2013 8:52 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

theplatypus wrote:
:lol: "OH SHIT I forgot I sing right off the bat"

yeah, that was great.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live