The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 810 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Official Bootlegs
PostPosted: Mon July 14, 2014 8:31 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I thought the first show was epic when I was there, going back and listening to the boot it was just good.

PostPosted: Tue July 15, 2014 6:42 pm 
Future Drummer

CopperTom wrote:
numbers wrote:
Worcester 1 was a good show, alot better than 2. The encore for 2 was pretty good though.

Of the cities with multiple shows in 2013, Worcester was definitely the best duo.

I was at both. I think I may have enjoyed night 2 more, the energy was another level, much more than most shows i've been to. While I would certainly rather listen to Night 1 on a bootleg, and the performance was better overall, Night 2 really got me going, especially the main set. I was thoroughly exhausted by the end of the relatively short show.

Now, don't confuse that with good performances. A lot of them were fucking awful (My Fathers Son, Lukin), but it's much easier to swallow the fuck ups in the building with that type of energy around you

PostPosted: Tue July 15, 2014 11:29 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I thought the place was dead until the encore for Worcester 2, and basically felt the same way you felt about 2 about 1.

PostPosted: Wed July 16, 2014 11:16 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

As mentioned, Worcester 2 has a serious contender for worst Lukin ever, I know it's a bold statement but take a listen.

PostPosted: Mon July 21, 2014 4:13 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Birds in Hell wrote:
B wrote:
For my Analog code ... Spokane or Portland?

Oklahoma City.

I considered OKC, but went with Spokane.

PostPosted: Mon July 21, 2014 10:30 pm 
Future Drummer

numbers wrote:
I thought the place was dead until the encore for Worcester 2, and basically felt the same way you felt about 2 about 1.

Probably had something to do with where I was sitting. Night one I was way back on the floor in the seats, the sound was horrible and the crowd around me was equally as muted. After Infallible, I couldn't take it, I had to get up and move around. I walked around the building, heard Got Some from the concourse, and got back into with Save You->Leash. Leash finally got everybody going around my seat. I started to leave towards the end of Alive, figuring it was the last song, ended up catching Sonic Reducer and Indifference from the middle level.

Night 2, I was in the GA pit, perfect sound, great crowd around me. The three Yield songs in a row at the beginning were great in my book, and closing the main set with NFY / Down / SOLAT / LB / Porch was top notch. I was rockin my ass off

PostPosted: Tue September 23, 2014 2:23 pm 
Champion of RM

I finally finished the west coast swing. The first 4 shows were good, the final 4 shows were good, but the middle 4 were poor. Portland was surprisingly below standards - I'm not sure why some fans give this show props. That was the only show that didn't meet my expectations based on fan reviews. Oakland was one of all-time worst shows - down there with Philly 2 and Brooklyn 2. There really were some outliers on this tour. I'd rank them as follows:

Oklahoma City
Spokane
Dallas
Seattle
Calgary
Phoenix
Vancouver
San Diego
Portland
Los Angeles 1
Los Angeles 2
Oakland

PostPosted: Tue September 23, 2014 5:20 pm 
AnalLog

CopperTom wrote:
I finally finished the west coast swing. The first 4 shows were good, the final 4 shows were good, but the middle 4 were poor. Portland was surprisingly below standards - I'm not sure why some fans give this show props. That was the only show that didn't meet my expectations based on fan reviews. Oakland was one of all-time worst shows - down there with Philly 2 and Brooklyn 2. There really were some outliers on this tour. I'd rank them as follows:

Oklahoma City
Spokane
Dallas
Seattle
Calgary
Phoenix
Vancouver
San Diego
Portland
Los Angeles 1
Los Angeles 2
Oakland

I think it depends on what kind of show you want to hear. Everyone agrees that OKC was the best show of this leg of the tour and Oakland was the worst, but after that opinions are all over the map. What specifically about Portland did you find not great? I mean, I was there so I can't really be objective about the show; that being said, like so many other shows from recent years, it has a great main set followed by somewhat disappointing encores. What I can't believe was how sloppy the band was on this leg of the tour, and I think there was something going on that we don't know about. Obviously they seem to have tightened up their act, judging by this summer.

PostPosted: Tue September 23, 2014 5:23 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

matt reeder wrote:
CopperTom wrote:

Oklahoma City
Spokane
Dallas
Seattle
Calgary
Phoenix
Vancouver
San Diego
Portland
Los Angeles 1
Los Angeles 2
Oakland

I think it depends on what kind of show you want to hear. Everyone agrees that OKC was the best show of this leg of the tour and Oakland was the worst, but after that opinions are all over the map. What specifically about Portland did you find not great? I mean, I was there so I can't really be objective about the show; that being said, like so many other shows from recent years, it has a great main set followed by somewhat disappointing encores. What I can't believe was how sloppy the band was on this leg of the tour, and I think there was something going on that we don't know about. Obviously they seem to have tightened up their act, judging by this summer.

True. It was the worst leg since 2008 i think. And there was a feeling they didnt quite got along on stage.

This year european tour was fucking A.

PostPosted: Wed September 24, 2014 7:53 pm 
AnalLog

I've been listening to Hartford based on the recommendations in this thread and have to say it was a top notch show.

Great opening with Pendulum > Long Road > Sometimes
One of the best Sirens I've heard.
Ed's vocal on DTE was perfect
GTF wasn't played toooo fast

:thumbsup:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 810 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live