The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 810 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 41  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Official Bootlegs
PostPosted: Tue November 19, 2013 1:59 am 
A Return To Form

Really disappointed there is no London or Wrigley as of right now.

PostPosted: Tue November 19, 2013 5:40 am 
Future Drummer

Pittsburgh 10-11-13 - PJ Radio rip

Pendulum

Lightning Bolt

Given to Fly

Faithfull

Infallible

Yellow Moon

Do the Evolution

I just realized i only picked LB and Yield songs to upload.

PostPosted: Tue November 19, 2013 6:41 am 
Future Drummer

Thanks for posting those :thumbsup:

How did Of The Girl and Speed of Sound, uh, sound?

PostPosted: Tue November 19, 2013 6:59 am 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

hlniv wrote:
Faithfull

I am a Matt apologist, and I tend to believe that if the band plays the songs faster it's more likely due to a band-wide tendency rather than the will of one man... but note the crassness with which the song speeds up once Matt starts hitting the snare. Jeez, dude!

PostPosted: Tue November 19, 2013 7:07 am 
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

thanks hlniv.

pendulum sounds fully sick brah.

PostPosted: Tue November 19, 2013 8:19 am 
Future Drummer

ridleybradout wrote:

Of The Girl

Speed Of Sound

oh... and while I'm at it (can't sleep), everyone should hear this Whipping and the Pirates dude who introduces it....

Whipping

SPORTS!!

PostPosted: Tue November 19, 2013 1:21 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

hlniv wrote:
ridleybradout wrote:

Of The Girl

Speed Of Sound

oh... and while I'm at it (can't sleep), everyone should hear this Whipping and the Pirates dude who introduces it....

Whipping

SPORTS!!

"We wear our hearts on our sleeves! AAAGH!"

PostPosted: Tue November 19, 2013 5:47 pm 
Future Drummer

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
hlniv wrote:
Whipping

SPORTS!!

"We wear our hearts on our sleeves! AAAGH!"

"I WILL PITCH MY BALLS OFF FOR YOU!!!! DO IT!!! DO IT!!!"

PostPosted: Tue November 19, 2013 6:10 pm 
A Return To Form

ridleybradout wrote:
twoheadedboy wrote:
Wow, this Pittsburgh boot sounds INCREDIBLE. I would argue it's the best sounding live release they've ever done as a part of a series (i.e. Atlanta/Orpheum/Give Way/LO2L/LO10L etc. don't count). I would say that if Give Way is a 10.0, this is a 9.75. But man, Ed is REALLY struggling on the old stuff...

You can really tell it sounds that good from a radio rip? :shock:

Looking forward to hearing those samples hlniv :thumbsup:

I was listening to it ON the radio as I am a SiriusXM subscriber. No, it's not perfect lossless audio but it's enough to tell this: Eliason improved the recording methods and mixing the first time around (in '11/'12), and at the very least, the mix is even better now. I also don't detect that these are hugely brickwalled, though they probably are to some extent.

PostPosted: Tue November 19, 2013 6:11 pm 
A Return To Form

hlniv wrote:
ridleybradout wrote:
twoheadedboy wrote:
Wow, this Pittsburgh boot sounds INCREDIBLE. I would argue it's the best sounding live release they've ever done as a part of a series (i.e. Atlanta/Orpheum/Give Way/LO2L/LO10L etc. don't count). I would say that if Give Way is a 10.0, this is a 9.75. But man, Ed is REALLY struggling on the old stuff...

I don't know that I got the same initial reaction on the quality of the mix, it certainly is good. I haven't really given it a proper listen yet, only went through and cut the tracks. I did think the Lightning Bolt tunes sounded superb, though.

It will be later in the night EST before I get these up.

I have a pretty nice car stereo, so I make a lot of critical determinations in regards to audio from that.

PostPosted: Tue November 19, 2013 6:14 pm 
tl;dr

Thanks for sharing those. "Pendulum" and "Speed of Sound" sounded really good. "Infallible" sounds like a sluggish, downtuned mess.

PostPosted: Tue November 19, 2013 6:23 pm 
Future Drummer

twoheadedboy wrote:
hlniv wrote:
ridleybradout wrote:
twoheadedboy wrote:

I don't know that I got the same initial reaction on the quality of the mix, it certainly is good. I haven't really given it a proper listen yet, only went through and cut the tracks. I did think the Lightning Bolt tunes sounded superb, though.

It will be later in the night EST before I get these up.

I have a pretty nice car stereo, so I make a lot of critical determinations in regards to audio from that.

I've listened through this enough now to have an opinion - I think it is on par, but maybe slightly less desirable than the '12 bootlegs. Definitely similar, and I'm trying to account for the fact that I had a radio rip. I did notice a lot of abrupt mix changes at the beginning of songs, it was a little choppy when I was cutting the tracks. It's like they really threw this first one together. I have a feeling that these will improve as the releases continue.

And yes, the mix is good enough to blast it in your car. I did that this morning. Even with my copy being a Sirius feed rip.

PostPosted: Tue November 19, 2013 7:24 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

twoheadedboy wrote:
I also don't detect that these are hugely brickwalled, though they probably are to some extent.

If the 2011-2012 shows are any indication, Brett seems to retain a respectable amount of dynamics in the mix these days.

Certainly more than 2003, I find those largely unlistenable because of how compressed they sound.

PostPosted: Tue November 19, 2013 7:36 pm 
Future Drummer

Birds in Hell wrote:
twoheadedboy wrote:
I also don't detect that these are hugely brickwalled, though they probably are to some extent.

If the 2011-2012 shows are any indication, Brett seems to retain a respectable amount of dynamics in the mix these days.

Certainly more than 2003, I find those largely unlistenable because of how compressed they sound.

We'll see with the FLACs, but the Sirius rip certainly looked mashed down a fair bit when I was cutting the tracks from the recording. I don't think it sounds quite as good as say, the Amsterdam shows from last year. But, this was the first, and it seems it was put together a little hastily in my opinion. Should get better as the releases roll in.

PostPosted: Tue November 19, 2013 8:23 pm 

hlniv wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
twoheadedboy wrote:

We'll see with the FLACs, but the Sirius rip certainly looked mashed down a fair bit when I was cutting the tracks from the recording. I don't think it sounds quite as good as say, the Amsterdam shows from last year. But, this was the first, and it seems it was put together a little hastily in my opinion. Should get better as the releases roll in.

I've never listened to Sirius but I wouldn't be surprised if there's a fair amount of processing applied to the signal at their end, that's usually the case with radio broadcasts. I'd expect the original recording will sound much better but we'll see soon enough.

PostPosted: Tue November 19, 2013 8:26 pm 
A Return To Form

hlniv wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
twoheadedboy wrote:

SiriusXM broadcasts are brickwalled by default, I'm pretty sure that's been established, like any radio source. And, unless there's a fully digital way to rip the broadcasts, you're converting a smashed radio broadcast back to digital files with an analog step, which is less than ideal. So I'm sure the legit FLAC's will be higher quality than a D>additionally compressed and brickwalled>A>D rip.

PostPosted: Tue November 19, 2013 8:57 pm 
Future Drummer

twoheadedboy wrote:
hlniv wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
twoheadedboy wrote:

SiriusXM broadcasts are brickwalled by default, I'm pretty sure that's been established, like any radio source. And, unless there's a fully digital way to rip the broadcasts, you're converting a smashed radio broadcast back to digital files with an analog step, which is less than ideal. So I'm sure the legit FLAC's will be higher quality than a D>additionally compressed and brickwalled>A>D rip.

All true. The FLACs should be much improved.

Let the Records Play will still sound bland, I'm sure, though. No way around that.

PostPosted: Tue November 19, 2013 8:58 pm 

That's one of the ones I can stand!

PostPosted: Tue November 19, 2013 10:21 pm 
Poster of the Year

Birds in Hell wrote:
hlniv wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
twoheadedboy wrote:

I've never listened to Sirius but I wouldn't be surprised if there's a fair amount of processing applied to the signal at their end, that's usually the case with radio broadcasts. I'd expect the original recording will sound much better but we'll see soon enough.

Yeah, they definitely put a shit ton of processing on before it hits the air.

PostPosted: Tue November 19, 2013 10:53 pm 
Polluted

Yes, mostly compression for obvious reasons. Which might explain why hiv saw what he did.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 810 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 41  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live