Switch to full style
Discuss your favorite shows, tours, concert posters...
Post a reply

2013 Official Bootlegs

Sun October 20, 2013 10:28 pm

Has there been an official announcement regarding official bootlegs for the US 2013 shows? I read on a non-PJ website that the first bootleg (hopefully London and Wrigley) won't be released until the tour concludes. I haven't been able to find any solid word on RM or at Synergy. Does anyone know?

Re: 2013 Official Bootlegs

Sun October 20, 2013 10:34 pm

CopperTom wrote:Has there been an official announcement regarding official bootlegs for the US 2013 shows? I read on a non-PJ website that the first bootleg (hopefully London and Wrigley) won't be released until the tour concludes. I haven't been able to find any solid word on RM or at Synergy. Does anyone know?

I don't think there's been any official comments on the boots.

They've taken weeks/months after the shows to release them in recent years, so I'm not too concerned.

Sun October 20, 2013 11:12 pm

I cant convey how bad I want to hear the Worcester I boot.

Mon October 21, 2013 1:19 am

they should ttly release these.

Mon October 21, 2013 1:24 am

The bootlegs have sounded incredible since Brett returned in 2011, I'm happy for them to take as long to release them as they need.

Mon October 21, 2013 1:46 am

Birds in Hell wrote:The bootlegs have sounded incredible since Brett returned in 2011, I'm happy for them to take as long to release them as they need.

I'd prefer for them to take as long as they need, but I'd like confirmation.

Mon October 21, 2013 3:07 am

yeah, as long as they actually release them.

Mon October 28, 2013 3:30 am

any ideas when the first bootlegs are coming out?

Mon October 28, 2013 3:36 am

I emailed them a few weeks ago, they finally responded yesterday to tell me they have no information at this time.

Mon October 28, 2013 4:59 am

:?

Mon October 28, 2013 5:00 am

no information on when they're coming out or if they're coming out, i wonder.

Mon October 28, 2013 5:04 am

It's just their pro-forma response, I'll be surprised if they don't come out eventually.

Mon October 28, 2013 2:00 pm

I am slightly concerned that there has no been no official announcement, and their stance is "no comment". That is unlike tours in the past, I believe. I understand it has taken them longer recently, but I think I recall there always being some announcement at some point prior to the tour being over. It's always a treasure to relive portions of the tour, shows that i went to, etc... and to not have that would change how experience the new album from all others in the past... Always interesting to hear the new songs clearly in the mix of the older songs. It's different from the actual show experience, being there.

I can't imagine they would just stop the bootleg thing all of the sudden and not release anything, but they've done some surprising things lately, so who knows.

Mon October 28, 2013 2:34 pm

We've not heard anything about London & Wrigley and those were months ago.

Sun November 03, 2013 3:29 pm

The 10C sent out a merch email with no mention of these. *gulp*

Sun November 03, 2013 6:00 pm

In a newsletter regarding PJ20 screenings there was a hint at 2013 bootlegs. That you get a coupon or something like this.

23.9.2013:

Pearl Jam is teaming up with Gathr to bring Pearl Jam Twenty to theaters in select cities in the U.S.

Experience Pearl Jam Twenty in a theater. Watch it again or view it for the first time if you missed the original theatrical release. At these select screenings, before the original film, Pearl Jam will bring you a special feature that includes interviews and live performances of songs from their forthcoming album Lightning Bolt.

Also with your ticket purchase Pearl Jam and Gathr will send you a free digital bootleg download from a select show after the 2013 North American Tour.

Wed November 06, 2013 2:03 am

theyll prob put it off til the lightning blot sales fade

why give your studio sales competition with the same songs live

Wed November 06, 2013 2:37 pm

i got bugs wrote:theyll prob put it off til the lightning blot sales fade

That would be fine. But they could just, you know, say that.

I don't remember a tour where they hadn't even addressed it halfway through. Maybe the 2000 tour, i think that first run of official boots wasn't announced until after it was over.

Also, as far as the PJ20 screening email goes, it never says who chooses the "select" show, it could very well mean that they won't be releasing all of them.

Wed November 06, 2013 5:30 pm

Maybe they don't want me to make mixes anymore.

Fri November 08, 2013 8:35 pm

i got bugs wrote:theyll prob put it off til the lightning blot sales fade

Unless the quality of the songs live would make people want to buy the album.

Phish and Widespread Panic have these shows out to fans within 3 days. They use Nugs.net just like Pearl Jam. I don't get PJ's problem.
Post a reply