The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject: Re: BROOKLYN NIGHT 1 SETLIST THREAD [18 October 2013]
PostPosted: Sat October 19, 2013 11:48 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

I love reading all these feelings from you guys..its been hard for me , going to show and post here and getting the backlash because its "modern" pj or whatever.

Who cares about setlists when you are at the show? Its about the music, the feeling...and these guys bring it.
Both shows i saw this year were really intense, specially Chile...and i havent seen them live and thought " fuck that was ok, that was lame, that was boring" ...never.

So, its nice to hear these things again after a while.

PostPosted: Sun October 20, 2013 1:55 am 
Broken Tamborine

Can somebody tell Mike that Eruption isn't cool when you're 47

PostPosted: Sun October 20, 2013 2:53 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Cleverman wrote:
96583UP wrote:
wow what an average setlist. i've already seen release and oceans, and i always love release, but don't have to have it, and I am over oceans. They just don't seem to be able to get Oceans back to a high quality level live... Mtv unplugged might have actually been their best one (please link me to a live Oceans that i better than Mtv unplugged, I would love to hearit)... and I don't care about chloe/crown of thorns, and neither should you. How many people actually gave a crap about Andy Wood and don't tell me you actually like the way mother love bone sounded. He was their friend, not mine; people die every day. All this Andy Wood nostalgia by PJ fans is silly. Like he was some magic pre-PJ prophet or something. The ancient magic scroll before the book of PJ Genesis. If you aren't from seattle in the 80s, and didn't wear lace gloves on stage, then that song is 'not for you'... but if you did happen to listen to Mother Love Bone before anyone knew of PJ, then good for you. I hope you enjoyed tonight's rendition. I personally get no tingly boner from it, but I hope you did.

not a single song from No Code tonight

good thing my tix are for night 2

I got it! Andy Wood released inside your mom while they were having sex in the ocean. Dude, you have every right to hate those songs.

Seriously, when did being "over" a song become a valid criticism for hearing a song live?

Haha! Looks like I touched a nerve here! Eat my shit you lace-glove wearing junky-lover!!!

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Sun October 20, 2013 2:55 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

guitar_davey wrote:
96583UP wrote:
wow what an average setlist. i've already seen release and oceans, and i always love release, but don't have to have it, and I am over oceans. They just don't seem to be able to get Oceans back to a high quality level live... Mtv unplugged might have actually been their best one (please link me to a live Oceans that i better than Mtv unplugged, I would love to hearit)... and I don't care about chloe/crown of thorns, and neither should you. How many people actually gave a crap about Andy Wood and don't tell me you actually like the way mother love bone sounded. He was their friend, not mine; people die every day. All this Andy Wood nostalgia by PJ fans is silly. Like he was some magic pre-PJ prophet or something. The ancient magic scroll before the book of PJ Genesis. If you aren't from seattle in the 80s, and didn't wear lace gloves on stage, then that song is 'not for you'... but if you did happen to listen to Mother Love Bone before anyone knew of PJ, then good for you. I hope you enjoyed tonight's rendition. I personally get no tingly boner from it, but I hope you did.

I'm not a huge Mother Love Bone fan, but it's a significant part of Pearl Jam's history. Andy Wood also happened to be friends with Stone and Jeff and I think it's a testament to music that they're keeping one of his songs alive through their success. What a beautiful gesture. What a miserable cunt you are.

yea it's so beautiful! I love walking to the bathroom to take a piss during that song while other people pretend to be a part of that history. very special moment for me, and them

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Sun October 20, 2013 2:56 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

vegman wrote:
96583UP wrote:

If this is for real you're just abt the biggest douche this board's seen on a while. I'd have LOVED to see that show.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha "crown of thorns blah blah blah i am a giant pussy look at my lace gloves and eyeliner"

PostPosted: Sun October 20, 2013 7:18 pm 
Future Drummer

96583UP wrote:

blah blah blah i am a giant pussy look at my lace gloves and eyeliner"

As a giant pussy, why would you have eyeliner? Lip gloss would make much more sense.

PostPosted: Mon October 21, 2013 11:28 am 
Future Drummer

Haha eds tantrum.

His voice sounds pretty strong though, for the last-ish song, which bodes well.

Last edited by stupidmop on Mon October 21, 2013 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon October 21, 2013 12:46 pm 
Future Drummer

stupidmop wrote:

He sounded 2006-ish all four of the last shows, right up until Blood. Hopefully he's recovered for tonight.

PostPosted: Mon October 21, 2013 2:38 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

I appreciated hearing Chloe/COT. I sort of am in the 'you're still doing this?' camp but t was nice to hear.

PostPosted: Mon October 21, 2013 2:44 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

stupidmop wrote:

Haha eds tantrum.

He was upset for what?

PostPosted: Mon October 28, 2013 1:53 am 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

This set was fantastic and this is probably a top 5 show for me overall and I've seen over 70. Ed's voice was strong the whole show... and they played not a single song that I'm like "heh" (eg - no Off He goes, Wishlist, etc)... Great Energy..... Just a great experience.

PostPosted: Mon October 28, 2013 5:15 am 
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

stupidmop wrote:

Haha eds tantrum.

uhh.. what tantrum?

PostPosted: Mon October 28, 2013 11:09 am 
Future Drummer

Aliveguy wrote:
This set was fantastic and this is probably a top 5 show for me overall and I've seen over 70. Ed's voice was strong the whole show... and they played not a single song that I'm like "heh" (eg - no Off He goes, Wishlist, etc)... Great Energy..... Just a great experience.

This was top 5 for me as well. Did you see night 2? I actually favored this one over night 2.

PostPosted: Mon October 28, 2013 11:26 am 
Future Drummer

WtOB? wrote:
stupidmop wrote:

Haha eds tantrum.

uhh.. what tantrum?

Right at the start when he's stomping/flailing at someone at stones side if the stage and then spills out whatevers in his bottle over the floor.

PostPosted: Mon October 28, 2013 12:40 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

Night one is out there

PostPosted: Wed October 30, 2013 10:11 pm 
A Return To Form
 WWW  Profile

Audience Recording:

http://wegotshit.blogspot.com/2013/10/b ... ience.html

PostPosted: Wed November 13, 2013 7:15 pm 
Broken Tamborine

Shut up and watch whores.

PostPosted: Thu November 14, 2013 1:54 pm 
Future Drummer

awesome, thanks for posting that!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live