The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: BROOKLYN NIGHT 1 SETLIST THREAD [18 October 2013]
PostPosted: Sat October 19, 2013 1:48 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

broken iris wrote:
EJ wrote:
broken iris wrote:
stip wrote:
i told myself I wasn't going to look at the set from last night so I could be surprised tonight. But that didn't happen

How is the sound in barcaly's, and what time did the band hit the stage?

Sounds was not great in section 125. Earplugs helped with the echos and high frequency noise.

They went on around 8:20.

Funny, I was in 125 too. Agree with the echoes, but I thought it sounded fine up there.

Anyone know what happened down on the floor during Sirens? There was a ton of security hauling someone out of there.

Then you probably saw jump up out of my seat when the started Oceans, my Japanese Air SDF shirt and firm ass make me easy to spot from behind. ;)

Well, yeah. Guess you didn't feel the affectionate slap I gave then.

PostPosted: Sat October 19, 2013 1:49 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I can't remember the last time the band came out of the gate this strong on a tour.

PostPosted: Sat October 19, 2013 3:26 pm 
AnalLog

numbers wrote:
I can't remember the last time the band came out of the gate this strong on a tour.

2006. The beginning of that tour was smoking, and it only got better from there.

Actually, this whole era is reminding me a lot of 2006 for some reason.

PostPosted: Sat October 19, 2013 3:33 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

Weird note here, but I think I saw the Video Gremmie guy from YouTube last night. He was in the pit just left of Eddie, standing about 4 or 5 rows back. They showed him on the jumbo Tron while he was recording a song. I think it was him because most of his vids come from that vantage point and he was getting each band member during the song similar to how he usually does. Also, he is pretty tall and looked to be bald. I wonder I he ever just, ya know, enjoys the fuckin show?

PostPosted: Sat October 19, 2013 3:35 pm 
Rank This Poster

NothingBetterMan wrote:
Weird note here, but I think I saw the Video Gremmie guy from YouTube last night. He was in the pit just left of Eddie, standing about 4 or 5 rows back. They showed him on the jumbo Tron while he was recording a song. I think it was him because most of his vids come from that vantage point and he was getting each band member during the song similar to how he usually does. Also, he is pretty tall and looked to be bald. I wonder I he ever just, ya know, enjoys the fuckin show?

you shoulda thanked him for his youtube videos. someone's gotta do it, i know i wouldnt be able to stand still filming stuff while pearl jam is playing directly in front of me.

PostPosted: Sat October 19, 2013 3:50 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

warehouse wrote:
NothingBetterMan wrote:

you shoulda thanked him for his youtube videos. someone's gotta do it, i know i wouldnt be able to stand still filming stuff while pearl jam is playing directly in front of me.

If I was near him I would have. His stuff is easily the best quality on YouTube. The weird part was to see him on the screen standing still and straight faced as everyone around him was going nuts. The man's a saint.

PostPosted: Sat October 19, 2013 4:19 pm 
Rank This Poster

NothingBetterMan wrote:
warehouse wrote:
NothingBetterMan wrote:

If I was near him I would have. His stuff is easily the best quality on YouTube. The weird part was to see him on the screen standing still and straight faced as everyone around him was going nuts. The man's a saint.

i kinda wouldnt wanna be near him b/c id ruin his videos singing and yelling and whatnot

PostPosted: Sat October 19, 2013 4:52 pm 
AnalLog

Nice looking set.
Between this and Worcester I, I finally have something to download from the 10c!

PostPosted: Sat October 19, 2013 5:03 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

My buddy's telling me Eddie mentioned the release of another Lost Dogs album in February?? Anyone else hear that?

PostPosted: Sat October 19, 2013 5:09 pm 
Rank This Poster

finally got oceans!!

and no evenflow haha

i think pendulum is awesome as an opener

PostPosted: Sat October 19, 2013 5:17 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

FWIW that was my 34th show and its one of the best I've ever seen.
Ed sounds truly powerful again. His Voice is honestly sounding better than I can remember hearing it live since 96.
And man try were tight tonight. Ed flubbed up all over the place and was visibly admonishing himself which was nice to see in that he usually laughs these things off.

Release. It sounded exactly like Atlanta 94. Follow that logic about every song you know.
They're doing this really cool thing of coming out of the feedback/last notes of a Song and going straight into the next song. It really works.

And I got Oceans. Finally. Ten is now complete:)

Cannot wait for tonight

Last edited by dimejinky99 on Sat October 19, 2013 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat October 19, 2013 5:18 pm 
Future Drummer

Will wrote:
My buddy's telling me Eddie mentioned the release of another Lost Dogs album in February?? Anyone else hear that?

probably just this :(
Quote:
The band starts “Sirens” but Mike’s 12 string acoustic isn’t working so after a few chords the band stop playing. Ed says, “That last little song didn’t make the record but it came this close. It is going to be a b-side released in February on a record called ‘Pearl Jam’s Greatest Misses’.

http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=221276#p5297587

PostPosted: Sat October 19, 2013 6:41 pm 
Banned from the Pit

Haven't been on this message board in like 6 years. Went to last nights show and am still giddy from it. I'm 37 now and this was my 43rd show so I don't care about setlists or rarities or how many times I've seen them play Corduroy or how the posters looked, i'm there to see the greatest live band of my lifetime play a show and melt my face. As always they came through and I couldn't be happier. I haven't missed a show in the NY area since 94' but I will not be attending tonight. I have a wife and 2 kids and just had to pay $600 bucks to repair my car, it's just not in the cards.

But that's fine with me, seeing them last night was really incredible and I'm so happy and honored to be able to see this band. Last night was really magical in every way. My new wife attended her 2nd show(her 1st was Wrigley Field) and she was so blown away by it. Which means the next time they will come around she will help me put aside some extra cash to see them twice.

PostPosted: Sat October 19, 2013 7:19 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Clubber Returns wrote:
Haven't been on this message board in like 6 years. Went to last nights show and am still giddy from it. I'm 37 now and this was my 43rd show so I don't care about setlists or rarities or how many times I've seen them play Corduroy or how the posters looked, i'm there to see the greatest live band of my lifetime play a show and melt my face. As always they came through and I couldn't be happier. I haven't missed a show in the NY area since 94' but I will not be attending tonight. I have a wife and 2 kids and just had to pay $600 bucks to repair my car, it's just not in the cards.

But that's fine with me, seeing them last night was really incredible and I'm so happy and honored to be able to see this band. Last night was really magical in every way. My new wife attended her 2nd show(her 1st was Wrigley Field) and she was so blown away by it. Which means the next time they will come around she will help me put aside some extra cash to see them twice.

That's awesome clubber, someday i would love to see a new York show

PostPosted: Sat October 19, 2013 7:28 pm 
Banned from the Pit

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Clubber Returns wrote:

If I were to be snobby I'd say that they Barclays crowd wasn't exactly on par with an MSG show or even a bitter Nassau Coliseum show. Not exactly a "floor shaking" Do the Evolution 2003 event but good enough for me. Even I felt myself holding back and soaking it in more than screaming my head off. I came right from work and had dress shows on so that probably didn't help. Damn i'm old.

PostPosted: Sat October 19, 2013 7:33 pm 
TIER 1 Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker

matt reeder wrote:
numbers wrote:

2006. The beginning of that tour was smoking, and it only got better from there.

Actually, this whole era is reminding me a lot of 2006 for some reason.

I saw/heard that in Worcester too. I don't know if they're taking these shows more seriously, if they're more rehearsed, if they're truly excited about the new material and not just showing up and half assing the hits or what but this is the most mature (in a good way) and earnest I've seen them play in years.

PostPosted: Sat October 19, 2013 7:38 pm 
Banned from the Pit

Clubber Returns wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Clubber Returns wrote:

If I were to be snobby I'd say that they Barclays crowd wasn't exactly on par with an MSG show or even a bitter Nassau Coliseum show. Not exactly a "floor shaking" Do the Evolution 2003 event but good enough for me. Even I felt myself holding back and soaking it in more than screaming my head off. I came right from work and had dress shows on so that probably didn't help. Damn i'm old.

*shoes*...

PostPosted: Sat October 19, 2013 8:50 pm 
Banned from the Pit

What a great show.

PostPosted: Sat October 19, 2013 9:37 pm 
Rank This Poster

Clubber Returns wrote:

this guy fuckin gets it. welcome back.

PostPosted: Sat October 19, 2013 11:16 pm 
Banned from the Pit

Reading this last posts, from clubber and the quote, i ve got to say also this. I truly love this band, and a great part of it is because of all of us. Its all so easy to relate, specialy with the generation now on its 35y,s more or less.

I also was not around teh forums for some years, marriage and kids do this to some of us, bootleg collection on hold for a while also, but never missed a day without checking TSIS or TFT or a show near my area Portugal or spain (and went so far as Vancouver, london, Seattle ou Holland). My point is that i really like to read posts like Clubbers and totally relate.

ps. There was red wine drinkng involved in this post, and thats just fine

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live