The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 268 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Worcester 2 Setlist Thread. 16.October.2013
PostPosted: Thu October 17, 2013 7:41 pm 
Future Drummer

numbers wrote:
One awesome thing about last night is it was the first backspacer-free show in over 5 years.

Wow, that's crazy.

PostPosted: Thu October 17, 2013 7:41 pm 
Lost Cat

My videos of the show here:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... zmuom_b8y4

PostPosted: Thu October 17, 2013 7:43 pm 
Future Drummer

matt reeder wrote:
After watching 6-7 videos from the 2 shows this morning it's still clear that Ed's voice hasn't really warmed up yet. Not much screaming at all, and whiffing on screams like at the end of "Save You". You can tell it frustrates him too. On the flip side, the band is already pretty tight, which shows that they must have rehearsed a lot over the past 2-3 weeks. They're all really into it, too. Stone seems more interested and invested than he has in awhile. That's nice to see.

That is the one thing I am hearing this time around, the band seems really into playing this album live. It's seemed they were with Backspacer.

PostPosted: Thu October 17, 2013 7:44 pm 
Poster of the Year

mkdevo wrote:

Nice work.

PostPosted: Thu October 17, 2013 7:46 pm 
Poster of the Year

One thing I didn't like, was in Do The Evolution they tried to manufacture a piece in the middle to get the crowd to sing the guitar parts ala South America. I thought it took away from the song, if anything.

PostPosted: Thu October 17, 2013 7:49 pm 
Future Drummer

cutuphalfdead wrote:
One thing I didn't like, was in Do The Evolution they tried to manufacture a piece in the middle to get the crowd to sing the guitar parts ala South America. I thought it took away from the song, if anything.

That DTE sing along pisses me off everytime. It's being left off my future mix, fo sure.

PostPosted: Thu October 17, 2013 7:51 pm 
Poster of the Year

lowlight79 wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

That DTE sing along pisses me off everytime. It's being left off my future mix, fo sure.

Yeah, it definitely took me out of the moment and instead of just continuing to enjoy one of my favorite songs I was going "what the hell?"

PostPosted: Thu October 17, 2013 8:15 pm 
Future Drummer

Sounds like football fans growling the Seven Nation Army riff during the European Championship last year. And that's horribly annoying.

PostPosted: Thu October 17, 2013 9:08 pm 
Future Drummer

cutuphalfdead wrote:
mkdevo wrote:

Nice work.

Thanks for sharing, these are great :nice:

Look at the way Stone looks at Ed right after finishing Other Side and says 'Wow!' - hopefully this wasn't an 'OTO' :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu October 17, 2013 9:42 pm 
Future Drummer

:lol: Ed's got the lyrics written down and he's still stumbling a little.

PostPosted: Thu October 17, 2013 9:44 pm 
Future Drummer

broken iris wrote:
hlniv wrote:
The only hiccup was gone.

Really? I don't particularly like the song, but I thought it was a great version. I think the only hiccup was the stream "sing-a-long" hits at the end. I agree with Rob that Eddie did that to give his voice a reprieve and hopefully we get rewarded in Brooklyn this weekend for a shorter set tonight.

But, damn. Who would have guessed we would get Fatal and Otherside at back to back shows? The odds of Dirty Frank showing up by the time they get to Philly are increasing.

You are right. It was a great version of a shitty song that no one was into.

PostPosted: Thu October 17, 2013 9:57 pm 
Future Drummer

Rob wrote:
Tonight was not better than night one. Eddie stated at the beginning that last night was long and he'd need help tonight. I think that's why we see so much "sing along" music toward the end (or just more than normal). It was a great show, as usual, but pretty standard for a night 2 anywhere these days.

After some reflection, I am willing to concede that the song selection and performance was, indeed, better on night 1. Tough to overlook a 3hr set with 32 songs. And the second night did seem short. The big difference was the energy. Night 2 was incredible in the pit. I was dead center, halfway back. The sound was perfect (better than the 1st night) and the level of enthusiasm for the main set was something I've never experienced in over 20 shows.

PostPosted: Thu October 17, 2013 11:52 pm 
Future Drummer

hlniv wrote:
broken iris wrote:
hlniv wrote:
The only hiccup was gone.

Really? I don't particularly like the song, but I thought it was a great version. I think the only hiccup was the stream "sing-a-long" hits at the end. I agree with Rob that Eddie did that to give his voice a reprieve and hopefully we get rewarded in Brooklyn this weekend for a shorter set tonight.

But, damn. Who would have guessed we would get Fatal and Otherside at back to back shows? The odds of Dirty Frank showing up by the time they get to Philly are increasing.

You are right. It was a great version of a shitty song that no one was into.

Tell us how you really feel about hearing Gone in concert.

PostPosted: Fri October 18, 2013 1:32 am 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

cutuphalfdead wrote:

No, sir. This opinion is wrong. Nothing will ever detract from how kickass DTE is in concert. Hearing Ed encourage the crowd back in Chicago was awesome.

PostPosted: Fri October 18, 2013 1:35 am 
Rank This Poster

Will wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

No, sir. This opinion is wrong. Nothing will ever detract from how kickass DTE is in concert. Hearing Ed encourage the crowd back in Chicago was awesome.

are you from brazil or something?

PostPosted: Fri October 18, 2013 1:46 am 
Poster of the Year

Will wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

No, your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad!

PostPosted: Fri October 18, 2013 1:47 am 
Poster of the Year

warehouse wrote:
Will wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

Brown people, amirite?

PostPosted: Fri October 18, 2013 1:49 am 
Rank This Poster

cutuphalfdead wrote:
warehouse wrote:
Will wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

Brown people, amirite?

no, more soccer fans. its cool when they sing the guitar lines in SA b/c thats what they do. its not cool when ed tries to get people in the states to do it. ill sing the fuck outa betterman though.

PostPosted: Fri October 18, 2013 1:50 am 
Poster of the Year

warehouse wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
warehouse wrote:
Will wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

Brown people, amirite?

no, more soccer fans. its cool when they sing the guitar lines in SA b/c thats what they do. its not cool when ed tries to get people in the states to do it. ill sing the fuck outa betterman though.

It was a joke.

PostPosted: Fri October 18, 2013 1:51 am 
Rank This Poster

cutuphalfdead wrote:
warehouse wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
warehouse wrote:
Will wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

Brown people, amirite?

It was a joke.

u helped w/ the aprils fools joke, didnt u?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 268 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live