The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post subject: When do I panic about not having PJ Tickets?
PostPosted: Tue October 01, 2013 4:14 am 
Future Drummer

I want to go to both brooklyn shows. So far I got really good tickets for 10/19 on stubhub. 100's for $135 a ticket. Not too bad. Sure it's not by the stage, but it's not behind it. It's across from it, so facing the stage. Far away but not so bad...at least not nosebleeds.

Everybody said you'd be a sucker to buy when they first went onsale because the ticket prices would drop. I still don't have tickets to the Brooklyn show on 10/18. I've never seen them before and I'd really like to go to both, but as I'm a 21 year old college student I don't exactly have thousands of dollars to spend on tickets, or even hundreds really. Plus my friends have even less money than me so I'm basically going to have to pay for one of my friends to go as well.

So far everythings like 300-400 dollars in the 100's...when is this gonna drop?

It sucks because I know for a fact every ticket was like 70 bucks.

And of course pit tickets sell for 4,000 bucks.

It just sucks to really want tickets but not to be able to get them despite there being many out there because everybody wants a profit.

How long until I should start panicking and just try to get whatever I can?

Last edited by mikejasond on Wed October 02, 2013 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: When do I panic about not having PJ Tickets?
PostPosted: Tue October 01, 2013 3:14 pm 
Banned from the Pit

mikejasond wrote:
I want to go to both brooklyn shows. So far I got really good tickets on stubhub. 100's for $135 a ticket. Not too bad. Sure it's not by the stage, but it's not behind it. It's across from it, so facing the stage. Far away but not so bad...at least not nosebleeds.

Everybody said you'd be a sucker to buy when they first went onsale because the ticket prices would drop. I still don't have tickets to the Brooklyn show on 10/18. I've never seen them before and I'd really like to go to both, but as I'm a 21 year old college student I don't exactly have thousands of dollars to spend on tickets, or even hundreds really. Plus my friends have even less money than me so I'm basically going to have to pay for one of my friends to go as well.

So far everythings like 300-400 dollars in the 100's...when is this gonna drop?

It sucks because I know for a fact every ticket was like 70 bucks.

And of course pit tickets sell for 4,000 bucks.

It just sucks to really want tickets but not to be able to get them despite there being many out there because everybody wants a profit.

How long until I should start panicking and just try to get whatever I can?

Monitor the boards, especially Synergy (do people still call it that? PJ.com since you are young) Once people start sorting out their Ten Club tickets, they will have extras and make them available for face value. I have both bought and sold Ten Club tickets this way before, for face value to other members. Many people like me aren't looking to make a profit on their extra ticket(s), just help out a fellow fan. You might get lucky

PostPosted: Tue October 01, 2013 3:21 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

My answer to "when do I panic.." is: about an hour before Pearl Jam goes on stage. I am serious. If all else fails, you will be able to buy tickets at a markup outside the arena (assuming this venue is not some anomaly) at that time, so there is no good reason to do so now.

Until then:

Check ticketmaster frequently to see if new tickets have been released.

Check here and other fan websites for people with extras - and craigslist if you want to.

Monitor the stubhub prices.

Wait. Be patient.

PostPosted: Tue October 01, 2013 5:31 pm 
Poster of the Year

Yeah, that.

PostPosted: Tue October 01, 2013 7:14 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

I'd panic now. Like worry about it every minute until the day of the show.

PostPosted: Wed October 02, 2013 12:46 am 
Future Drummer

^lol well I sort of am!

People often post they have extras? Do I just have to check in case they do? I can't ask can I? That sounds like it'd be considered annoying by people. So just look around? How's it usually done?

PostPosted: Wed October 02, 2013 1:03 am 
Future Drummer

Screw it other people are posting ticket topics on there so I will too but I don't think it will come to much. Everybody's asking for Brooklyn and don't seem to have too much success. Somehow I still have this stupid hope that somebody will magically pop up and sell me GA tickets or something but I think that hope will die as time goes on. I can't get rid of it deep down though lol.

PostPosted: Wed October 02, 2013 2:55 am 
Future Drummer

BTW how ARE the pit tickets? Someone over there mentioned their ears ring every day because of that...lol...they suggested if I get them I buy ear plugs..is it that bad? I mean Ive never been that close so I didnt really think about that haha....is it ear-piercingly loud? And if so can you at least still hear well or does it just sound like noise?

PostPosted: Sat October 05, 2013 10:27 am 
Future Drummer

Ive been posting like crazy on pearljam.com but everybody wants Brooklyn tickets....

I am losing hope.

PostPosted: Tue October 15, 2013 4:16 am 
Future Drummer

Less than four days to go....the tickets on stubhub went from 1000 tickets to 500 tickets in the last week, and prices have raised if anything...

Panic has begun....should I just buy a nosebleed or keep hoping something better opens up....?

PostPosted: Tue October 15, 2013 9:34 am 
Future Drummer

mikejasond wrote:
Less than four days to go....the tickets on stubhub went from 1000 tickets to 500 tickets in the last week, and prices have raised if anything...

Panic has begun....should I just buy a nosebleed or keep hoping something better opens up....?

Tickets on stubhub drop a week before because of the time required to ship non-electronic tickets. Happens with every event.

Check the live forum in the pit frequently in the next 48 hours, tickets will pop up. They have for every show I've been to, but you gotta be quick.

PostPosted: Tue October 15, 2013 5:36 pm 
A Return To Form

Excellent seats for Buffalo dropped at 4pm the day of the show. I ended up in row 5, section 107. They were better than the 10c reserved seats. It can be nerve-wracking but keep checking ticketmaster's site the day of the show and if you're able to, hang out at the box office as they often open up seats a couple hours before the show (this happened at Wrigley).

PostPosted: Tue October 15, 2013 6:03 pm 

Tickets for tonight's long sold-out Worcester show were just released on Ticketmaster, FWIW.

PostPosted: Tue October 15, 2013 9:30 pm 
Future Drummer

OMG now there's 300 left and the ticket prices are STILL RISING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the time they drop low enough people are just going to jump on them.....Ticketmaster will release more but everybody is trying to get those. I dont know....I'm worried.....should I buy now......? Everybody on the Pit is looking for one..........it's all about the Brooklyn shows Im one of like 20 people asking......

PostPosted: Tue October 15, 2013 10:06 pm 
Poster of the Year

Ticketmaster released a bunch of tickets today for tonight and tomorrow night's shows. I had no problem scoring a pair for tomorrow night show today. and I did this two hours after I saw it posted that they were released

PostPosted: Wed October 16, 2013 2:17 am 
Future Drummer

Think Im in the process of buying 229 Row 1 for face value on the Pit. Not bad! I may try to update if Ticketmaster ends up releasing more but I'm okay with this!

PostPosted: Wed October 16, 2013 12:14 pm 
Lost Cat

Silly question I'm sure.... But being an old head; are the days of camping out at the venue the day of the show for a ticket drop over? I used to do that an score pretty good seats. With the internet is it pointless now?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed October 16, 2013 12:23 pm 

No, you can still walk up to the box office and get a front row ticket an hour before gates if you're lucky. My friend did it right in front of me last tour. He went to the window just to see, and came back a winner. Go for it!

PostPosted: Wed October 16, 2013 12:30 pm 
Future Drummer

DaGrizz wrote:
Silly question I'm sure.... But being an old head; are the days of camping out at the venue the day of the show for a ticket drop over? I used to do that an score pretty good seats. With the internet is it pointless now?

Thanks!

depends on the show, the internet and the 'entitlement' issue with seating location has made everyone aware of that trick so it's less effective. I snagged a ticket for the first row behind the pit last night, dead center, from TM's website a few hours before the show and it was great. Unobstructed view and plenty room to breathe.

PostPosted: Wed October 16, 2013 2:21 pm 
Lost Cat

broken iris wrote:
DaGrizz wrote:

Thanks!

depends on the show, the internet and the 'entitlement' issue with seating location has made everyone aware of that trick so it's less effective. I snagged a ticket for the first row behind the pit last night, dead center, from TM's website a few hours before the show and it was great. Unobstructed view and plenty room to breathe.

What's with the 'entitlement' issues you speak of?

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live