Switch to full style
Discuss your favorite shows, tours, concert posters...
Post a reply

Best live instrumental jams

Sun September 01, 2013 9:01 am

I haven't been to this forum in years. I like backspacer but it was my least favorite pj album because I'm a big fan of Mike's guitar (the other musicians in the band too) and the album seemed lacking in that department, so I took a break for awhile. I used to have almost all the 2000 tour boots but I don't anymore. I have the Green disease set but I'd like to start from scratch and put together a list for myself online so I can stream or download whatever instrumental jam versions are the best. I remember a few and I picked up a few newer ideas from threads here today but I thought I'd ask for some more suggestions. I'm guessing it's still their old songs that stand out for instrumental jams? Other than what I have listed here, I don't know anything about any other year besides 2000. Well, I do remember that 03 had a couple of versions of crazy mary i liked a lot with mike and boom soloing but I'm not sure of the dates. Thanks for any help.

alive:
lisbon 00

evenflow:
kansas city 00
Uniondale, 2003

immortality:
1.Nagoya, Japan 2003
2.Toronto 00

Re: Best live instrumental jams

Wed September 04, 2013 11:34 am

thanks for the warm welcome lol

Wed September 04, 2013 6:36 pm

Don't worry, people will respond. The Live forum goes on hot streaks. Also, with the new album reviews out everyone is focusing their attention on that.

Welcome to the board!

Wed September 04, 2013 9:03 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:Don't worry, people will respond. The Live forum goes on hot streaks. Also, with the new album reviews out everyone is focusing their attention on that.

Welcome to the board!

Okay thanks. I see how it works now :)

Tue February 11, 2020 6:34 pm

Best instrumental live pj jams or solos anyone?

Tue February 11, 2020 7:35 pm

People didn't respond

Tue February 11, 2020 7:39 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:People didn't respond

Keen observation. I agree, they did not. Maybe by the release after gigaton, that will change.

Wed February 12, 2020 4:05 pm

Most obvious answer is Little Wing/Maggot Brain from the Milwaukie 1995 show. I need to dig that boot out.

Wed February 12, 2020 4:42 pm

swan wrote:Most obvious answer is Little Wing/Maggot Brain from the Milwaukie 1995 show. I need to dig that boot out.

That's definitely a stand out. I wonder if he needs to have more standout performances like that. Pj fans should be able to point to 10 or so, or at least 5 comparable live performances he's done. He seems to have plenty of noteworthy studio solos though with TOTD and Mad Season inluded.

Wed February 12, 2020 5:47 pm

The Daughter jam in West Palm Beach 2003 is pretty good...

Wed February 12, 2020 6:12 pm

raven2001 wrote:The Daughter jam in West Palm Beach 2003 is pretty good...

I justistened to it. Good call. If mike would have got into it a little more with a mid tempo solo with that same guitar set-up it would have been perfect, imo.

Wed February 12, 2020 6:14 pm

You could throw a dart at almost any 2000 show that RVM was played at and get a good to great jam.

Jones Beach 2 is one of my favorites, though.

Wed February 12, 2020 6:22 pm

EJ wrote:You could throw a dart at almost any 2000 show that RVM was played at and get a good to great jam.

I listened to about all of the 2000 shows and i pretty much agree with that. Gonna refresh my memory of that jb2 show.

Wed February 12, 2020 7:11 pm

Immortality at Benaroya Hall is one of my favorite jams from them. Also the way they jammed out Masters of War at Wrigley in 2016 was really cool.

Wed February 12, 2020 9:16 pm

the improv before immortality at nagoya 2003.

Wed February 12, 2020 9:17 pm

Porch, Melbourne ‘95

Wed February 12, 2020 9:45 pm

porch, melbourne 98.

Thu February 13, 2020 4:01 am

Im looking forward to checking those. Does anyone know any of the best guitar versions of Corduroy?

Thu February 13, 2020 12:56 pm

EJ wrote:You could throw a dart at almost any 2000 show that RVM was played at and get a good to great jam.

Right. From the top of my head, there's also a nice RVM jam in St. Louis.

Fri February 14, 2020 8:19 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:People didn't respond

:lol:

I love this post
Post a reply