The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Highlights from shows you’ve attended over the years…
PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2024 2:28 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

I was at two Seattle shows in 09, I wonder if bammer was there and I saw him doing something silly? That was before I met him. I also met Sir-Mix-A-Lot at one of those shows.

PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2024 5:21 pm 
Rank This Poster

teflonsteve wrote:
6/19/08 - Camden

Finally getting to see the band in the US and in a city that shows them alot of love. Great show with a super hot crowd and got to hear my favorite PJ song, In Hiding.

they opened with 'hard to imagine'! i remember that vividly. that opening run of songs was intense, i must have been sweating my ass off.

PostPosted: Fri March 08, 2024 1:21 am 
tl;dr

Bammer wrote:
3/18/2005 Seattle, WA (Paramount Theater)
- Experience highlight: This was a weird one-off benefit show that for some very strange reason wasn’t in high demand. I had an extra ticket that I only got like 20 bucks for.
- Setlist highlight: Despite the live debut of Comatose, called Crapshoot Rapture at the time, I’m gonna go with All Along The Watchtower. That was fun.

Is this the show where Bill Frisell played with them?

PostPosted: Fri March 08, 2024 4:09 am 
mXn

Kevin Davis wrote:
Bammer wrote:
3/18/2005 Seattle, WA (Paramount Theater)
- Experience highlight: This was a weird one-off benefit show that for some very strange reason wasn’t in high demand. I had an extra ticket that I only got like 20 bucks for.
- Setlist highlight: Despite the live debut of Comatose, called Crapshoot Rapture at the time, I’m gonna go with All Along The Watchtower. That was fun.

Is this the show where Bill Frisell played with them?

I don’t know but as I recall that final song did have several guests on stage. Multiple artists played that night. PJ was only about 11 songs.

PostPosted: Fri March 08, 2024 4:10 am 
mXn

9/1/2005 George, WA (The Gorge)
- Experience highlight: Road trip with a bunch of buddies and tailgating pre-show.
- Setlist highlight: Tie between Low Light as the sun was setting behind the stage (kinda surreal) and Hard To Imagine a few songs later was just fantastic.

PostPosted: Fri March 08, 2024 4:11 am 
mXn

9/2/2005 Vancouver, BC (GM Place)
- Experience highlight: This was the time we drove around after the show looking for a tattoo parlor but none were open. (Thankfully).
- Setlist highlight: Three encores that night.

PostPosted: Fri March 08, 2024 11:01 am 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

My top 5 over the years:

Kitchener 05: first show, just surreal experience having flown to Canada

Ottawa 05: Black

Dublin 06: Boys are Back in Town

Amsterdam 12: fan written setlist

Arras 12: last minute decided to go on day of my grandfather's funeral, opened with Release

PostPosted: Fri March 08, 2024 12:31 pm 
Rank This Poster

Angus wrote:
Kitchener 05: first show, just surreal experience having flown to Canada

Still one of my favorite shows, and not just because of my convenient 15 minute commute to get there. The vibes in that little hockey arena were immaculate. I still can't believe they played there.

PostPosted: Fri March 08, 2024 12:38 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

First show was Roskilde, which ended up being tragic and sad. Still, seeing them in their first time back in Denmark, in Copenhagen 07 (wich was also just after my first marriage broke down), was very special. The band felt more in touch with the audience then, than from any other show I've seen.

As for a single song, Black from Milano 06, was truly special. That is the one time the band seemed most impressed with the audience, that I have witnessed. The band played a great version, and then the audience sang really loudly afterwards.

Seen them a couple of times in Oslo, which is where I live. So that's special in itself.

PostPosted: Fri March 08, 2024 1:51 pm 
A Return To Form

swan wrote:
Probably the Dirty Frank bustout at the Gorge 7/22/06. I was 15th row center, crowd & band energy was absolutely on fire. What a night.

Such an underrated show. That first encore of all Ten era songs is one of my favorite encores I've ever seen. Also, wasn't it like 115 degrees for both shows?

PostPosted: Fri March 08, 2024 2:17 pm 
mXn

7/23/2006 George, WA (The Gorge)
- Experience highlight: Best friend’s wedding was the day before so we missed night 1. Rewind X months when he announced his wedding date, I asked if he could wait until PJ announced tour dates. I was asking him seriously at the time, like, how could he not consider it? Little did I know at the time how much goes into planning a wedding. Sure enough the dates overlapped… Anyway he and his wife delayed their honeymoon in order to attend PJ their first day as a married couple. Pretty cool.
- Setlist highlight: Little Wing

PostPosted: Sat March 09, 2024 8:21 am 

Astoria, London - 20/04/06
Experience highlights: my first PJ show! Spending the day queuing down the side of the venue and chatting to new people was great. We got talking to two guys behind us for hours. At one point I needed to pee but didn't want to leave the queue, the two guys also needed to go so they went for a wander and were gone for ages. When they got back they explained they went to the back of the building, noticed a slightly open door and decided to sneak in. They went through another door and there was Ed, Jeff, Boom! Security quickly arrived but Ed said it was fine, had a quick chat with them and took some photos!
The two guys showed us photos on their digital camera and I felt like crying because if I'd gone with them to pee I could've met the band! But now I just look back on it all fondly.

Anktdhr highlight was the Scottish guy in a kilt sitting on his friend's shoulder and flashing Ed, causing Ed to totally fumble what he was saying and laugh his ass off.

Setlist highlight: I'd moved a bit further back after a few songs, but during Even Flow I could feel the floor tumbling which was cool. My first ever Alive and DTE also ruled.

PostPosted: Sat March 09, 2024 8:27 am 

Verona, Italy - 16/09/06
Experience highlight: sitting across from the coliseum eating pizza, drinking beer, listening to the band sound heck and then watching the crazy rain come down. Then, once we got into the coliseum it was wild seeing the crowd in coloured ponchos.

Setlist highlight: 'Release' opening the show with the rain still trickling down. A magical moment for sure.

PostPosted: Sat March 09, 2024 8:36 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Experience highlight set aside from a setlist highlight is a good one. I know the feeling. Like if you are at a festival, and you see several great bands, where you are in the middle of the crowd. Then for one concert you sit outside, maybe you have something to drink or eat, and you’re just chilling to the vibe and the music.

Don’t think I’ve had quite that sort of experience with Pearl Jam. But I took my mother to one Oslo show, and we had nice comfortable seats om the side (unlike me usually being in the general crowd). Had a nice experience with her, even if Ed was almost losing his voice that show.

Last edited by Anders on Sat March 09, 2024 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat March 09, 2024 3:28 pm 

Anders wrote:
First show was Roskilde, which ended up being tragic and sad. Still, seeing them in their first time back in Denmark, in Copenhagen 07 (wich was also just after my first marriage broke down), was very special. The band felt more in touch with the audience then, than from any other show I've seen.

I was at Copenhagen 07 as well. I felt I had to be there. My first show would/should have been Werchter 2000. Yes, Copenhagen 07 could/should have been in my top-5 probably. Had so much fun with RM'ers Juvenal, Garden of Stone and Hinny there as well.

PostPosted: Sat March 09, 2024 4:28 pm 
mXn

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
I was at two Seattle shows in 09, I wonder if bammer was there and I saw him doing something silly? That was before I met him. I also met Sir-Mix-A-Lot at one of those shows.

Ask and you shall receive…

9/21/2009 Seattle, WA (Key Arena)
- Experience highlight: Terrible nosebleed seats … took our ladies … rocked out obnoxiously (only people doing so in our section) … Mrs. Bam (girlfriend at the time) got pissed that I was being obnoxious, we had a little fight there in the seats, she left halfway through and walked home. I stayed for the whole show. Don’t fuck with my Pearl Jam concerts (we got engaged a couple months later).
- Setlist highlight: Nothing in particular stands out.

9/22/2009 Seattle, WA (Key Arena)
- Experience highlight: No ladies with us on night 2 and we had good 10C seats. Drank “Reign Man” shots at Oskar’s beforehand (Shawn Kemp’s bar) and raced to the arena from there, my buddy tried to jump over a big concrete flower pot and caught a shin on it, totally ate shit. Lucky not to break a bone.
- Setlist highlight: Nothing in particular stands out.

PostPosted: Sat March 09, 2024 4:36 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Angus wrote:
Anders wrote:

I was at Copenhagen 07 as well. I felt I had to be there. My first show would/should have been Werchter 2000. Yes, Copenhagen 07 could/should have been in my top-5 probably. Had so much fun with RM'ers Juvenal, Garden of Stone and Hinny there as well.

Maybe we saw each other at some point.

PostPosted: Sat March 09, 2024 4:36 pm 
Production Police

I like how the arc of bammer’s show memories generally follows the arc of Pearl Jam’s creative output. I assume the Lightning Bolt shows will begin at Ruth Chris’s and end at IHOP.

PostPosted: Sat March 09, 2024 4:39 pm 

Milan - 17/09/06
Experience highlight: hard to say with this one, we flew straight from Verona on the day of the show, dropped our bags at the hotel and headed to the venue so we didn't see much of city. However, the whole show was just tremendous and at the time it was the loudest crowd I'd ever experienced.

Setlist highlight: An unbelievable rendition of 'Go' to start the show, Man Of The Hour during the main set.
The roar of the crowd when Daughter started still gives me chills now. Best singalong I've ever been part of.
Picture In A Frame was beautiful, and at the time I had no idea what it was!
Being front row in front of the amp that Ed climbs on during Alive, and a ferocious RITFW which blew me away.

PostPosted: Sat March 09, 2024 4:39 pm 
mXn

tragabigzanda wrote:
I like how the arc of bammer’s show memories generally follows the arc of Pearl Jam’s creative output. I assume the Lightning Bolt shows will begin at Ruth Chris’s and end at IHOP.

St. Louis = Hooters

OKC = Waffle House

But we’ll get there in due time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live