The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 771 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 39  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2024 Tour Rumors and Speculation
PostPosted: Sat February 24, 2024 12:30 am 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

96583UP wrote:

Jeff hiding in his Montana lair in the pandemic making angry tracks about the baddies

now charging people $900 a head to come see your show

that’s not the baddies

that’s you

you are the baddie, buddy

you are the baddie
:haha:

PostPosted: Sat February 24, 2024 12:39 am 
Production Police

:lol:

I do think there’s a huge element to this where the band fancies themselves some sort of Robin Hood — “we’ll charge a premium for the tickets then support the causes we care about” — that smacks of social elitism. Just let the customer pay a normal price and support the things THEY care about.

PostPosted: Sat February 24, 2024 12:48 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

i don’t even think they pay attention or assert a desire for control anymore

Matt referred to ‘the powers that be’ as far as the gap in album recording and debut

i think these guys are world weary at this point on logistics and just want to play music

but the tradeoff if you fail to participate is middlemen run amok

they should foot the difference to anyone paying $900 for a seat

instead will charge $29 for a sticker set

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Sat February 24, 2024 12:57 am 

their pricing should automated from inputting their 2023 bootlegs into AI to detect the quality of perfomance

PostPosted: Sat February 24, 2024 1:01 am 
Future Drummer

I dont think MOST tickets were that price. It was way more than it should be because the whole thing is BS, but Im sure there were also regular tickets, they just all went first, and these are the ones left because the prices are insane so people haven't bought them.

I didn't realize Pearl Jam could opt out of the dynamic pricing. If they could and didn't, that does suck. But the problem is more than just Pearl Jam. They didn't invent this scheme it is used all the time by Ticketmaster now for most things, which was not the case 10 years ago. So while they suck a little for not opting out, Ticketmaster sucks a lot.

Also its impossible for everybody in the fan club to get tickets. There are too many people and not enough tickets to go around (and people not in the fan club should get SOME chance to get tickets, right?) They could do a better job distributing them though to make it more fair. But if the ask is that fan club GUARANTEES tickets its just not possible. The fan club gives you the best chance of securing face-value tickets that exists. While the odds are not perfect, they are FAR better than the odds of trying to get tickets from the general sale...so there is still a use.

I've so far got tickets every tour through the fan club the last 11 years, including three times to very competitive NY shows, and despite three tries, have yet to secure even one from the general sale without using Stubhub and the secondary market at inflated prices. The fan club is no guarantee but the odds are much higher than if you were not in it. It's kind of amazing how many tickets they DO reserve just for the fan club when you think about it.

That's not to say PJ is perfect, and the ticketmaster dynamic pricing really makes me mad, but they do at least do better than some

PostPosted: Sat February 24, 2024 1:38 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

they are advanced enough in their profession with sufficient gravitas at this point that they could correct this if they tried

they have lost their principles

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Sat February 24, 2024 1:43 am 
Major Dude

It’s shameful the two guys from the band that testified before congress about all of Ticketmaster’s bullshit fees and monopoly have now fully embraced TM and the scalping of their own tickets. All those comments about trying to keep tickets affordable for their fans. They’ve become the very machine they were raging against.

PostPosted: Sat February 24, 2024 1:53 am 

id be happy for them to turn heel if the music was good.

PostPosted: Sat February 24, 2024 2:41 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

wease wrote:
It’s shameful the two guys from the band that testified before congress about all of Ticketmaster’s bullshit fees and monopoly have now fully embraced TM and the scalping of their own tickets. All those comments about trying to keep tickets affordable for their fans. They’ve become the very machine they were raging against.

100%

if there were a single group on the planet that one should expect to be salty about TM price gouging, it is long-standing PJ fans

the anti-ticketmaster movement was formative

PostPosted: Sat February 24, 2024 2:42 am 
mXn

Yeah this is fucked up but I got my $193 tickets so I’m a happy clam.

PostPosted: Sat February 24, 2024 3:36 am 
10Club Complaint Department

96583UP wrote:
Hi I’m Jeff ament and I charge people $900 to come see my show <giant_fart_noise>

I love this so much.

PostPosted: Sat February 24, 2024 3:58 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

dad wrote:
96583UP wrote:
Hi I’m Jeff ament and I charge people $900 to come see my show <giant_fart_noise>

I love this so much.

:haha:

"Everything Ticketmaster stands for is what we're fighting against. They're just a small cog in a machine where the artist is at the bottom."

- Jeff Ament, credibility era

PostPosted: Sat February 24, 2024 4:00 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

dad wrote:
96583UP wrote:

I love this so much.

So good

PostPosted: Sat February 24, 2024 4:14 am 
The Master

Maybe they should have alienated more fans so we could get tickets.

PostPosted: Sat February 24, 2024 10:04 am 
A Return To Form

I'm disappointed but glad i'm sitting this one out in a way, what a mess.
Be patient people, let the frenzy settle and check periodically, day of show should also see some good drops, for the locals of course.

PostPosted: Sat February 24, 2024 12:16 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

armogi wrote:
I'm disappointed but glad i'm sitting this one out in a way, what a mess.
Be patient people, let the frenzy settle and check periodically, day of show should also see some good drops, for the locals of course.

Or B if he gets his woke ass to Philly on time.

PostPosted: Sat February 24, 2024 12:40 pm 
Broken Tamborine

wease wrote:

I couldn't have said it better.

They haven't sold out any of the European Tour shows (Dublin is close, the others are far from it) because people have seen enough.

They would have sold out all of the dates with 'fair'/'above fair' ticket prices in a matter of hours, like they've always done, but...

PostPosted: Sat February 24, 2024 1:03 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

wease wrote:

Yup. Now that they have transitioned into the aging cash grab phase of their journey, I wouldn’t be surprised if they sell the catalogue in the coming years.

PostPosted: Sat February 24, 2024 3:02 pm 

Captain Termite wrote:
i got bugs wrote:
Why is there only a pre-sale with a code and not a sale?

It's not a fucking pre-sale if there's no sale, that makes the pre-sale the actual sale

Why don't you think there will be a non-code sale? I'm pretty confident there will be.
I think the regular sale is now. You can go look at tickets without a code. If you want to just get in the building for Fenway #2, you can get obstructed view for $150 (use the Red Sox ticketing system, not ticketmaster)

PostPosted: Sat February 24, 2024 3:02 pm 
Major Dude

Quote:
Many of Pearl Jam's most loyal fans are teenagers who do not have the money to pay the $50 or more that is often charged today for tickets to a popular concert. Although, given our popularity, we could undoubtedly continue to sell-out our concerts with ticket prices at that premium level, we have made a conscious decision that we do not want to put the price of our concerts out of the reach of many of our fans. Moreover, we do not want to be responsible for teenagers, who may be influenced by peer pressure to feel that they must see Pearl Jam perform, spending more money for that concert ticket than they can really afford. All of the members of Pearl Jam remember what it is like not to have a lot of money, and we recognize that a teenager's perceived need to see his or her favorite band in concert can often be overwhelming.
For these reasons, we have attempted to keep the ticket prices to our concerts to a maximum of $18. We have also tried to limit any service charges that may be imposed on the sale of those tickets to 10 percent of the ticket price, and to ensure that any service charge will be separately identified from the price of the ticket itself so that fans know how much is being charged for the ticket and how much is being added on by the company selling the ticket. As a result, even where a service charge is imposed, our goal is to make it so that no one will pay more than $20 to see a Pearl Jam concert.

Our efforts to try to keep prices for tickets to our concerts to this low level and to limit the possibility of excessive service charge mark-ups have put us at odds with Ticketmaster.

The level of the service charge is not the only problem that Pearl Jam faces in connection with the sale of tickets to its concerts. Beyond the excessive service charges there are the problems of ticket scalping, counterfeiting, and commercial advertising on tickets. For example, at some of our recent concerts, an informal poll of fans in the audience revealed that more than 40 percent of them bought their tickets from ticket brokers. At many of our concerts, we are experiencing a counterfeit ticket rate of about 2.5 to 3%. And at one recent concert in Boston, we learned that some of these counterfeit tickets had been sold to fans for $250.

The problems of ticket scalping and counterfeiting are not new or unique to Pearl Jam concerts. There are, however, steps that can be taken to address those problems. These include specific monitoring to ensure that when tickets to a concert go on sale to the public, none are held back for the benefit of ticket brokers.

Obviously, their main fan base is no longer teenagers, but that doesn’t mean they should just accept the practice of self-scalping and charge thousands of dollars for a ticket when it keeps a lot of their fans from being able to see them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 771 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 39  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live