The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 771 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2024 Tour Rumors and Speculation
PostPosted: Sat February 24, 2024 5:33 pm 
Production Police

wease wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Allow me to once again share my ideal PJ tour scenario:

A select run of major market stadium shows with reasonably priced tix for the average Joes. Longer sets, greatest hits plus some deep cuts, all the merch you could ever want…Tix max out at ~$180, with 10C access to the pit/front seats.

Alternate those dates with much smaller middle market shows with premium priced tix, an opening act, deep cuts/acoustic set, limited premium priced merch, with a good chunk of revenues going to local orgs. No 10C priority. “An Evening with Pearl Jam.”

That’s would be more work than they’re willing to put in at this point. Maybe ever

Alt plan: Open for T-Swift?

PostPosted: Sat February 24, 2024 5:36 pm 
AnalLog

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Was it in exchange for a certain amount of 10c tickets?

Great angle I hadn't considered.
Still think it's a vile sham, but, that would at least go some way towards getting the gross taste out of my mouth.

We still make records to be listened to — not that everyone will listen to a record track one to twelve in a row or side A or Side B — but we still make 'em in case somebody does want to listen to it like that, that's how we make em…

PostPosted: Sat February 24, 2024 5:37 pm 
Major Dude

numbers wrote:
When they left Neil young hanging out to dry during the Spotify stuff it was a big indicator of where this band was headed.

Even if the band (Ed) thought the Premium pricing was bullshit, there’s no way they go against Springsteen on it. Remember that NYE show when Ed was blasting the Marky Mark and Madonna billboards? You think he’s gonna voice anything against something Springsteen supports at this point in his career? Never gonna happen.

PostPosted: Sat February 24, 2024 5:38 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

It’s been so disappointing watching them follow in Bruce’s footsteps instead of Neil’s.

PostPosted: Sat February 24, 2024 5:39 pm 
Major Dude

tragabigzanda wrote:
wease wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Allow me to once again share my ideal PJ tour scenario:

A select run of major market stadium shows with reasonably priced tix for the average Joes. Longer sets, greatest hits plus some deep cuts, all the merch you could ever want…Tix max out at ~$180, with 10C access to the pit/front seats.

Alternate those dates with much smaller middle market shows with premium priced tix, an opening act, deep cuts/acoustic set, limited premium priced merch, with a good chunk of revenues going to local orgs. No 10C priority. “An Evening with Pearl Jam.”

That’s would be more work than they’re willing to put in at this point. Maybe ever

Alt plan: Open for T-Swift?

While the rest of the Wease household would support this plan, the pater familia would not.

I can only imagine the ticketing debacle that would be…

PostPosted: Sat February 24, 2024 5:42 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

oneway23 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

Still think it's a vile sham, but, that would at least go some way towards getting the gross taste out of my mouth.

I think they’ve explicitly stated that in the past.

PostPosted: Sat February 24, 2024 8:54 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

numbers wrote:
When they left Neil young hanging out to dry during the Spotify stuff it was a big indicator of where this band was headed.

I thought Neil pulled his music from Spotify because he decided he didn't like Joe Rogan: 'They can have Rogan or Young. Not both'.

Now, I love Neil, but I can't blame the band for not following suit because it was always mildly ridiculous.

oneway23 wrote:
Wait...They could've opted out of this farce and elected not to?
What kind of a cut do they get?

I'm a little slow, admittedly, but, isn't this just legalized scalping where the band, in collusion with TM, intentionally withholds a pre-determined number of seats in order to artificially inflate the price?

Yes, exactly.

Robert Smith of The Cure certainly stated it was optional and The Cure opted out:

PostPosted: Sat February 24, 2024 9:01 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

Bi_3 wrote:
oneway23 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

Have they had dynamic pricing before, though?

I know they've talked about it being difficult to negotiate holding back large amounts of tickets for 10C, but I thought that was back in the day when they were doing the 10C ticketing in-house and cutting out Ticketmaster from fees, etc.

PostPosted: Sat February 24, 2024 9:04 pm 
The Master

Birds in Hell wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
oneway23 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

I know they've talked about it being difficult to negotiate holding back large amounts of tickets for 10C, but I thought that was back in the day when they were doing the 10C ticketing in-house and cutting out Ticketmaster from fees, etc.

They did dynamic pricing last tour 2022 etc and Ed solo shows. They stated it was to help offset increased touring costs.

PostPosted: Sat February 24, 2024 9:11 pm 
Major Dude

Birds in Hell wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
oneway23 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

They had it last year because I was making the same complaints about it when I was trying to tickets.

PostPosted: Sun February 25, 2024 11:16 am 
Broken Tamborine

numbers wrote:
It’s been so disappointing watching them follow in Bruce’s footsteps instead of Neil’s.

Have you seen Neil's prices of late? I'm a member of NYA and trust me, the Neil Young fanbase is having exactly the same conversation about his decision-making that we're having about PJ.

Just as a side point, and related to another of Ed's heroes, Roger Daltrey recently noted that the Who would probably never tour the US again as the rising costs of touring and insurance means that they have to stump up about a million quid in advance and they wouldn't turn a profit until show 7 or 8. So he said its just too costly and risky. Something that bands/artists are now having to factor into their pricing decisions in order to make a tour viable.

PostPosted: Sun February 25, 2024 11:36 am 
Mind Your Tanners

igotworms wrote:
numbers wrote:

Have you seen Neil's prices of late? I'm a member of NYA and trust me, the Neil Young fanbase is having exactly the same conversation about his decision-making that we're having about PJ.

Just as a side point, and related to another of Ed's heroes, Roger Daltrey recently noted that the Who would probably never tour the US again as the rising costs of touring and insurance means that they have to stump up about a million quid in advance and they wouldn't turn a profit until show 7 or 8. So he said its just too costly and risky. Something that bands/artists are now having to factor into their pricing decisions in order to make a tour viable.

I bought Neil tickets this week for 90 bucks

PostPosted: Sun February 25, 2024 11:47 am 
Broken Tamborine

In that case I have no idea what they're all complaining about! Ha!

PostPosted: Sun February 25, 2024 2:27 pm 
mXn

Ok so the premium seat you can see up for $800 right now … if that hasn’t sold by say a few days before the show, does TM drop the price or just let it go unsold?

PostPosted: Sun February 25, 2024 2:54 pm 
Major Dude

Bammer wrote:
Ok so the premium seat you can see up for $800 right now … if that hasn’t sold by say a few days before the show, does TM drop the price or just let it go unsold?

When I was watching last year, that price never dropped. Right up until a few hours before the show. Best guess is they go unsold.

PostPosted: Sun February 25, 2024 3:05 pm 
mXn

wease wrote:
Bammer wrote:

When I was watching last year, that price never dropped. Right up until a few hours before the show. Best guess is they go unsold.

That is so fucked up and I have a story to tell about it.

When Ed recently played Benaroya, of course it sold out immediately except for a random handful of singles scattered throughout the venue. Upon closer inspection they were handicap companion seats. Which means that someone bought the handicap seat next to it, but did not need/want a companion to attend the show with them. The trick was, you could not purchase a handicap COMPANION seat without also having a qualifying handicap seat in your order. Since those were all sold out, it made these companion seats impossible for anyone to purchase.

I had a big email going back and forth with TM support trying to explain this. Got nowhere. I have to imagine these seats went unsold.

PostPosted: Sun February 25, 2024 3:54 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

I thought for sure bammer was going to say he rented a wheelchair to get in.

PostPosted: Sun February 25, 2024 6:27 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

note to self: next tour, break legs and send notarized request to TM to ensure wheelchair seating

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Sun February 25, 2024 7:32 pm 
AnalLog

Bammer wrote:

most times the price drops to the regular level

it's how I upgraded to 8th row a few days before the show a couple of years ago I was taking my daughter to

PostPosted: Mon February 26, 2024 4:32 am 
The Master

96583UP wrote:
dad wrote:
96583UP wrote:
Hi I’m Jeff ament and I charge people $900 to come see my show <giant_fart_noise>

I love this so much.

:haha:

"Everything Ticketmaster stands for is what we're fighting against. They're just a small cog in a machine where the artist is at the bottom."

- Jeff Ament, credibility era

Music’s always been their hobby; raging against the machine their job. And they retired long ago.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 771 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live