The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2023-09-13: Ft. Worth, TX
PostPosted: Thu September 14, 2023 11:15 pm 
The Master

Birds in Hell wrote:
Strat wrote:
Ultimately, spending just wants to relive the days where he loved the band by seeing dave a back there. Unfortunately, if that'd happen, he'd then just talk about how bad the rest of the band is and how bad Ed sounds and it'll ultimately be disappointing for him. Stone doesn't sound or play the same way anymore. Etc. etc.

It’s so hard to tell if you genuinely think this and have entirely misunderstood me, or instead that you just enjoy giving me shit. I hope it’s the latter.

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Can we at least agree that Matt is the coolest of the drummers (style, not drumming) and Krusen plays Alive the best?

Yes.

Matt is not only the coolest drummer, he’s surely the coolest member full stop.

Mostly the latter. Mostly.

PostPosted: Thu September 14, 2023 11:17 pm 
Major Dude

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Can we at least agree that Matt is the coolest of the drummers (style, not drumming) and Krusen plays Alive the best?

Yes and no

PostPosted: Thu September 14, 2023 11:18 pm 
Major Dude

Birds in Hell wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Yes.

No contest he is.

PostPosted: Thu September 14, 2023 11:20 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

Strat wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
Strat wrote:
Ultimately, spending just wants to relive the days where he loved the band by seeing dave a back there. Unfortunately, if that'd happen, he'd then just talk about how bad the rest of the band is and how bad Ed sounds and it'll ultimately be disappointing for him. Stone doesn't sound or play the same way anymore. Etc. etc.

It’s so hard to tell if you genuinely think this and have entirely misunderstood me, or instead that you just enjoy giving me shit. I hope it’s the latter.

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Yes.

Phew, what a relief.

Looks Like a Cat

wease wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Yes.

No contest he is.

Remember when Jeff washed his mail containing the Gigaton album? That was cool.

The Master

Birds in Hell wrote:
Strat wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
Strat wrote:

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Yes.

Phew, what a relief.

This doesn't feel genuine

PostPosted: Thu September 14, 2023 11:28 pm 

Strat wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
Strat wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
Strat wrote:

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Yes.

Phew, what a relief.

100% 4 real, homeboy.

I enjoyed seeing the videos of your band.

PostPosted: Thu September 14, 2023 11:31 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

That one performance of grievance on letterman

I’ve seen them umpteen times with Matt. He’s amazing but he was in some other zone that night. Incredible.

PostPosted: Thu September 14, 2023 11:32 pm 
Production Police

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Do you mean like his tshirts ?

PostPosted: Thu September 14, 2023 11:34 pm 

tragabigzanda wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Do you mean like his tshirts ?

Let’s be real, I think we’re saying he’s a very handsome man.

PostPosted: Thu September 14, 2023 11:35 pm 

Jorge wrote:
wease wrote:
dad and Wease meet. Along with the wonderful wives.

Super sweat people

My favorite kind.

PostPosted: Thu September 14, 2023 11:44 pm 
The Master

Birds in Hell wrote:
Strat wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
Strat wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
Strat wrote:

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

Yes.

Phew, what a relief.

100% 4 real, homeboy.

I enjoyed seeing the videos of your band.

Appreciate you! always...

PostPosted: Thu September 14, 2023 11:45 pm 
The Master

i celebrate all of pearl jams era's with great fervor. Except that whole Lbolt detour bs

PostPosted: Thu September 14, 2023 11:45 pm 
Rank This Poster

dimejinky99 wrote:
logan5ive wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
Josh is a barely adequate drummer (at best), so I hope they’ve got somebody else lined up for the show(s) if Matt’s out.

I'm struggling with processing the show from last night. It was show #75 for me and might have been the worst.

The mix was terrible. We were front row of the floor seats, so in directly in between the stage and soundboard. I've sat in similar spots before but man, no bueno.

Ed was still getting over the flu; Mike seemed sick as well as he and Eddie were both drinking tea. Mike definitely went above and beyond, and Eddie did great considering the circumstances.

And no Matt due to covid. As soon as I saw the rumor on the Porch about Josh on drums...ugh. "Barely adequate" hit the nail on the head. I'm amazed at the praise heaped upon this show by some on Facebook and the Porch. I feel like we were at different shows. Josh supposedly knows the first 5 albums by heart? Could've fooled me. His performance felt like a band practice. Noticeable song starts were not hit. Half the endings of songs fell apart or were off. The middle of Satan's Bed was a trainwreck. The bootleg may be rough to listen to.

Kudos to Josh for filling in. A+ for effort. C- for execution.

Please, Matt, be there for the last 3 shows.

I’ve met your sort too many times.

You’ve Simply seen too many shows and are entitled and spoiled.
Not being an ass at you personally but that’s all it is.
No show is ever gonna meet your expectations or criteria ever again you’ve seen the best show(s) you’re ever gonna see.
Duck out now and save yourself the disappointment.

Dime, we’ve lived in peace on this board for 20 years, but you are being a self-righteous ass. You pull this shit for every topic where viable criticisms about something that makes you personally weep with joy are expressed (see any Star Wars thread).

Logan5ive has seen 75 shows. Clearly, he loves the band. Probably seen every song he’s ever wanted to see pre-Gigaton and just wanted to see a good show. He didn’t complain about a bad setlist. He complained about a bad set.

If the sound in certain parts of the room is bad, it’s a valid criticism and, I thought, part of what soundcheck is for. I experienced it at a Metallica show in Montreal this summer. I had the same seats for both shows and night 2 sounded infinitely better. Someone didn’t do their job for the first night. Expecting good sound at a concert is not entitlement.

Ed and Mike being sick was an observation, not a criticism. We’re all used to it at this point. I’ve seen Ed sick many times at shows beginning with Fresno, 2000. He always battles and does his best. We all know if he smoked and drank less, it’d be less frequent, but it’s his life and we understand it’s part of the deal. The crowd is always more than happy to fill in where he can’t anymore.

But a “barely adequate” Jack of all trades replacing one of the best drummers of a generation isn’t okay. I only watched the Satan’s Bed video, and it’s embarrassing. Tickets are hundreds of dollars. This is a stadium show, not a $5 cover showcase in a pub. There is no way Stone and Jeff weren’t mortified. It’s not professional.

Enough holier than thou shit when someone dares to do anything other than fluff the band’s nuts for showing up. The negative experiences are just as valid as the positive experiences. And “your sort” is fucking offensive, dude. I’d think your sort would understand that better than most sort.

PostPosted: Thu September 14, 2023 11:57 pm 
The Master

dimejinky99 wrote:
Well that’s fun

Josh Klinghoffer owns Jack Irons' drum kit he used while in Pearl Jam. And more fun details in article in post.

From SPIN March 2022...

[https://www.spin.com/2022/03/josh-klinghoffer-pluralone-this-is-the-show-interview/](https://www.spin.com/2022/03/josh-kling ... interview/)

​

**Your old friend Jack Irons recently revealed to us that you are now in possession of the drum kit he used in Pearl Jam in the ‘90s. Are you enjoying it?**

I was obsessed with that kit as a kid. I saw them back in ’95 when Jack first joined, and I didn’t really play guitar yet. I would just stare at him, and I was obsessed with the notion of different colored satin swirl, like, that’s the greatest idea \[Laughs\]. I just used it on this seven-inch single that we’ll sell on the tour that I recorded two years ago. I did a cover of \[Pearl Jam’s\] “I Got Shit” and “Long Road” and called it *Plural Ball*. I got the idea, booked some studio time before I had my own place and when that day rolled around, I woke up and was like, I’m not in the mood to bring drums to the studio. So I ran down to my space, which is right down the street from the studio I used to record at most of the time, and set my phone out in front of the drums, listened to the song and just played along. I recorded drum loops just based on my knowledge of the song and emailed these mono recordings from my phone to the engineer. I ran down the street and we built loops out of those drums. I played those on Jack’s kit. This was before I’d done a lot of playing with the Pearl Jam guys, because the tour got canceled.

​

Hang on, is Josh a Jack Irons stalker? Like that’s his whole motivation? RHCP, Pearl Jam… he certainly has the creepy look down. It’s all becoming so clear.

PostPosted: Thu September 14, 2023 11:58 pm 
The Master

I think jeff and stone had a great time !

PostPosted: Thu September 14, 2023 11:59 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Strat wrote:

Gloating about their superior immune systems ?

PostPosted: Thu September 14, 2023 11:59 pm 
The Master

personally, the Oakland show i saw with Josh and Stuv on drums was fucking incredible. Was very interesting watching the band adapt on the fly. Was a good reminder that this is a group of musicians who still just love playing music. It was like watching them Jam (very well) in their garage or something. There was this awesome push and pull energy to the music that felt so fresh and unique.

PostPosted: Fri September 15, 2023 12:00 am 
The Master

Bi_3 wrote:
Strat wrote:

God, they are really just gonna get sicker and sicker the older they get. GODDAMNIT LIFE

PostPosted: Fri September 15, 2023 12:06 am 
The Master

Strat wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
Strat wrote:

God, they are really just gonna get sicker and sicker the older they get. GODDAMNIT LIFE

Stone will never get Covid. He’s been social distancing for decades.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live