The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 505 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2023-09-02: St. Paul, MN
PostPosted: Sun September 03, 2023 2:42 pm 
The Master

Oh, prior to unthought known he asked someone in the front row if he had a request. Sounded like he requested undone and Ed said "ahhh that one is gonna remain undone" and said "but uh hmm we can do this one instead"

So that was annoying to me because I don't care for the song.

Also Ed is handsome as hell and I love his hair.

PostPosted: Sun September 03, 2023 2:44 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

PJ’s purple rain is mega boring

and Josh’s vocals are unsettling

Did ‘Take the Long Way’ have a pumping bassline? Always wonder how much better that wouldv’e been on album with big bass presence

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Sun September 03, 2023 2:46 pm 
Rank This Poster

daft twat wrote:
warehouse wrote:
daft twat wrote:
The peak of the weekend was Black - particularly the solo - followed by Given to Fly. Night 1 was a better show in every way. I loved the first night, and tonight was fun, but…..

1) Too many repeats. I expected and wanted Alive, Even Flow, and Elderly. Daughter was unnecessary, and really Do the Ev should have closed the main set and Porch should have had the night off.
2) The 5 seated songs tonight were bland choices. They opened with Pendulum last time they were in town. Open with Hard to Imagine, follow it with Alright, lean into Nothingman, send the Pit into a frenzy with Fatal (dedicated to someone’s moribund wife), and transition from the stools with Present Tense.
3) 3 covers in the encore.
4) The deep cuts were songs that were regularly played (overplayed) during their album cycle: Got Some, Severed Hand, and Unthought Known aren’t exactly gems. Or rhinestones. No one was excited for those.
5) All the Vitalogy chatter really made me disappointed when I heard the first few notes of Once following Last Exit. I was lucky enough to attend the No Code and Yield shows. There was a moment where I thought it was going to happen.
6) I love In Hiding so much, but Ed can’t do that one anymore. It’s sad, but it’s how aging goes.

In addition to these shows, I saw St. Louis and NYC last year. I cannot fucking believe I’ve seen 7o’clock twice and Quick Escape zero times. I thought that song was going to be a staple. Meanwhile, Whoever Said is awesome every single time.

you should probably stop seeing pearl jam live

Because I liked night 1 more? I had a blast both nights. I’ll keep going. Done for this year, tho

your post is almost all complaints. even the worst pearl jam show i've seen i've had a high for days after the show

PostPosted: Sun September 03, 2023 2:53 pm 
The Master

96583UP wrote:

Did ‘Take the Long Way’ have a pumping bassline? Always wonder how much better that wouldv’e been on album with big bass presence

It sounded fucking great to me! At least as good as any loud arena show can sound ! Super tight as well.

PostPosted: Sun September 03, 2023 3:12 pm 
A Return To Form

warehouse wrote:
daft twat wrote:
The peak of the weekend was Black - particularly the solo - followed by Given to Fly. Night 1 was a better show in every way. I loved the first night, and tonight was fun, but…..

1) Too many repeats. I expected and wanted Alive, Even Flow, and Elderly. Daughter was unnecessary, and really Do the Ev should have closed the main set and Porch should have had the night off.
2) The 5 seated songs tonight were bland choices. They opened with Pendulum last time they were in town. Open with Hard to Imagine, follow it with Alright, lean into Nothingman, send the Pit into a frenzy with Fatal (dedicated to someone’s moribund wife), and transition from the stools with Present Tense.
3) 3 covers in the encore.
4) The deep cuts were songs that were regularly played (overplayed) during their album cycle: Got Some, Severed Hand, and Unthought Known aren’t exactly gems. Or rhinestones. No one was excited for those.
5) All the Vitalogy chatter really made me disappointed when I heard the first few notes of Once following Last Exit. I was lucky enough to attend the No Code and Yield shows. There was a moment where I thought it was going to happen.
6) I love In Hiding so much, but Ed can’t do that one anymore. It’s sad, but it’s how aging goes.

In addition to these shows, I saw St. Louis and NYC last year. I cannot fucking believe I’ve seen 7o’clock twice and Quick Escape zero times. I thought that song was going to be a staple. Meanwhile, Whoever Said is awesome every single time.

you should probably stop seeing pearl jam live

Haha absolutely this. By the sounds of it unless he can write the setlist he’s gonna be let down.

PostPosted: Sun September 03, 2023 3:12 pm 
mXn

I’m starting to get convinced that attending two shows in the same city sets up for disappointment because you’ll inevitably compare them and choose a winner and more importantly a loser.

J/K

PostPosted: Sun September 03, 2023 3:13 pm 
The Master

Chris_H_2 wrote:
did they really have to play that many covers?

Is this a newish complaint now that the sets are shorter? Seems not so long ago we were all salivating for covers.

PostPosted: Sun September 03, 2023 3:14 pm 
The Master

Bammer wrote:
I’m starting to get convinced that attending two shows in the same city sets up for disappointment because you’ll inevitably compare them and choose a winner and more importantly a loser.

J/K

Seems so.

PostPosted: Sun September 03, 2023 3:16 pm 
Production Police

What’s the cringier concert move?

1. Punching the air

2. Pointing at invisible lyrics

PostPosted: Sun September 03, 2023 3:20 pm 
mXn

tragabigzanda wrote:

1. Punching the air

I don’t understand what 2 means

PostPosted: Sun September 03, 2023 3:20 pm 
mXn

Or…. 3. Standing up at Benaroya Hall

PostPosted: Sun September 03, 2023 3:25 pm 
Major Dude

Strat wrote:
96583UP wrote:

It sounded fucking great to me! At least as good as any loud arena show can sound ! Super tight as well.

Did Josh sing Purple Rain?

PostPosted: Sun September 03, 2023 3:28 pm 
The Master

wease wrote:
Strat wrote:
96583UP wrote:

Yea all but first verse.

Also, Jeremy was great. By the one the band reaches that outro I'm super into it. Always fantastic and intense

PostPosted: Sun September 03, 2023 3:29 pm 
Production Police

Bammer wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

1. Punching the air

I don’t understand what 2 means

You've definitely seen this. Picture a fan, probably male, singing along and pointing at the band on stage with every word.

Bammer wrote:
Or…. 3. Standing up at Benaroya Hall

Also bad!

PostPosted: Sun September 03, 2023 3:30 pm 
Production Police

Strat wrote:
wease wrote:
Strat wrote:
96583UP wrote:

Yea all but first verse.

Also, Jeremy was great. By the one the band reaches that outro I'm super into it. Always fantastic and intense

This one never gets old.

PostPosted: Sun September 03, 2023 3:41 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

spike wrote:
Bammer wrote:

J/K

Seems so.

Seems like you would be more disappointed if you were blessed with the time & money to go to two and only went to the loser.

PostPosted: Sun September 03, 2023 3:53 pm 
Stone's Bitch

Hi there! For whatever reason I’m a lot more positive on the show than everyone else. It did kinda ebb and flow :naughty: but the highs were high. DTE into Last Exit was a nice pummeling. NAIS approached strat levels. Purple Rain was communal Chanhassen fun. I did notice the band arguing before Alive to switch it with PR. Looked like Stone and Eddie were at odds which was nice to see. Like old times. In Hiding rules hard.

Always nice to hang with strat. On to Chicago!

PostPosted: Sun September 03, 2023 4:06 pm 
Future Drummer

spike wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
did they really have to play that many covers?

Is this a newish complaint now that the sets are shorter? Seems not so long ago we were all salivating for covers.

Perhaps the covers weren't as shitty.

PostPosted: Sun September 03, 2023 4:17 pm 
Production Police

I was never once salivating for PJ covers in the live set. Two is a good amount.

Still wish they’d banged out a covers record circa Riot Act though.

PostPosted: Sun September 03, 2023 4:29 pm 
Major Dude

Strat wrote:
wease wrote:
Strat wrote:
96583UP wrote:

Yea all but first verse.

How fucking lame.

“We’re gonna close our show with a cover song and our ancillary member is gonna sing it for you,”

Unless the original artist comes out and sings it, if your band does a cover song, at least sing the fucking thing. Bullshit move

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 505 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live