The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2023-08-31: St. Paul, MN
PostPosted: Fri September 01, 2023 3:42 am 
Rank This Poster

PostPosted: Fri September 01, 2023 4:02 am 
Posting (live)

Only 2 covers, wow.

That is a pretty underwhelming setlist from my pov.

PostPosted: Fri September 01, 2023 4:29 am 
Champion of RM

You can tell they actually rehearsed - pretty solid both musically and lyrically. Plus Ed stayed sober. Setlist was all over the place, but better than being predictable. Ed seemed conjested and hoarse at the start, he seemed to loosen up as they went. How do you slow down Matt Cameron? Make him drum while wearing a Canadian tuxedo. Mike was in mid-tour form. There should be little to no repeats on Saturday.

PostPosted: Fri September 01, 2023 4:36 am 
TIER 1 Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker

Nice to see a new setlist again

PostPosted: Fri September 01, 2023 4:51 am 
mXn

Bammer wrote:
Prediction: 23 songs played tonight

:gomez:

PostPosted: Fri September 01, 2023 5:30 am 
Rank This Poster

CopperTom wrote:
You can tell they actually rehearsed.

This was clear. Ed didn’t fuck up until SBWM.

Indifference to open was perfect. The seated part ending was punctuated by Mike donkey-kicking his chair and ripping into the best solo of the night. It was my son’s favorite moment of the show.

The rest of the night ebbed and flowed, but it was great. Daughter had no tag, which was lovely. It might be the first time I’ve seen it that way. Crazy Mary was beautiful until the bullshit oven mitt organ solo.

The only part I don’t enjoy is the audience interaction. Ed made a big deal about some cunt’s birthday. Dude must have turned 53. Who fucking cares? Grow up. And Wildflowers was for some guy whose wife died unexpectedly. That’s sad, but what’s more sad is that dude hopped on a message board and used his wife’s passing to have a song played, and then he showed up in St. Paul to see it. You didn’t honor her memory. You used her death to get your favorite band to interact with you. Gross.

Ed was explaining the situation and he said, “You know who you are,” and at that moment a section in GA was going nuts. I really thought they were trying to draw attention to this widower. Turns out someone went down and needed help. And then Ed noticed someone was on the way and said something like, “Looks like someone is on the way and could maybe move a little faster, please.” I lol’d at the poor tubby fuck he was referring to. That was maybe my favorite moment of the night.

Anyway, no Corduroy, which was a bummer for my son, but he doesn’t know about the call and response bit. He was thrilled with Go. I expect Alive and Even Flow to be the only repeats Saturday, though I could see them mistakenly thinking they need to play Clairvoyants again. They don’t.

PostPosted: Fri September 01, 2023 5:33 am 
Broken Tamborine

This was a weird main setlist, but it totally worked. And pretty much all of the performances were great. I thought the encore was not very cohesive, which took away a little bit from the set overall, but that was a fun show.

Indifference was a surprising opener and felt great. Buckle Up sounded nice and made it feel like we were up for an interesting tour opener. Sometimes brought the crowd back into it, and Wishlist and Black sounded like they were properly placed, despite them not usually being that early.

They sounded good. The crowd was into it. That was fun.

PostPosted: Fri September 01, 2023 5:51 am 
10Club Complaint Department

PostPosted: Fri September 01, 2023 7:32 am 
AnalLog

daft twat wrote:
CopperTom wrote:

Indifference to open was perfect. The seated part ending was punctuated by Mike donkey-kicking his chair and ripping into the best solo of the night. It was my son’s favorite moment of the show.

The rest of the night ebbed and flowed, but it was great. Daughter had no tag, which was lovely. It might be the first time I’ve seen it that way. Crazy Mary was beautiful until the bullshit oven mitt organ solo.

The only part I don’t enjoy is the audience interaction. Ed made a big deal about some cunt’s birthday. Dude must have turned 53. Who fucking cares? Grow up. And Wildflowers was for some guy whose wife died unexpectedly. That’s sad, but what’s more sad is that dude hopped on a message board and used his wife’s passing to have a song played, and then he showed up in St. Paul to see it. You didn’t honor her memory. You used her death to get your favorite band to interact with you. Gross.

Ed was explaining the situation and he said, “You know who you are,” and at that moment a section in GA was going nuts. I really thought they were trying to draw attention to this widower. Turns out someone went down and needed help. And then Ed noticed someone was on the way and said something like, “Looks like someone is on the way and could maybe move a little faster, please.” I lol’d at the poor tubby fuck he was referring to. That was maybe my favorite moment of the night.

Anyway, no Corduroy, which was a bummer for my son, but he doesn’t know about the call and response bit. He was thrilled with Go. I expect Alive and Even Flow to be the only repeats Saturday, though I could see them mistakenly thinking they need to play Clairvoyants again. They don’t.

Jesus Christ, cynical much?

PostPosted: Fri September 01, 2023 10:56 am 
Looks Like a Cat

Birds in Hell wrote:

I liked the old writing. There is something about this style that makes it look like Ed’s teacher wrote it

PostPosted: Fri September 01, 2023 11:21 am 
Production Police

Bi_3 wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:

I liked the old writing. There is something about this style that makes it look like Ed’s teacher wrote it

Pretty sure he’s using a specific type of Japanese pen. There’s a nice stationary shop here where we always go for birthday cards and they have these pens on display that create this same effect without your having to work for it.

PostPosted: Fri September 01, 2023 11:22 am 
Rank This Poster

guitar_davey wrote:
daft twat wrote:
CopperTom wrote:

Sometimes I cringe

PostPosted: Fri September 01, 2023 11:30 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

Wish they got the bootlegs out faster.

PostPosted: Fri September 01, 2023 11:40 am 
Looks Like a Cat

daft twat wrote:
guitar_davey wrote:
daft twat wrote:
CopperTom wrote:

Sometimes I cringe

Nah, "oven mitt organ solo" is great

PostPosted: Fri September 01, 2023 11:46 am 
Looks Like a Cat

guitar_davey wrote:
daft twat wrote:
CopperTom wrote:

Oh nice. First night and we’ve already entered the phase of the tour where people get butthurt over others’ comments / reactions to the shows.

Daft is 100% right about the stupid song dedications and everyone trying to use their personal tragedies / birthdays / bar mitzvahs for song requests.

PostPosted: Fri September 01, 2023 12:23 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Nice to see Insignificance. Also pretty cool opener and yes, Buckle Up could also be a good opener.

Not a fan of any solo Ed cover. If Eddie wants to play a solo song then play an original. Also cool to see 7 o Clock.

PostPosted: Fri September 01, 2023 12:35 pm 
The Master

Great to see the band back in action and picking up right where they left off last year.

PostPosted: Fri September 01, 2023 12:40 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

I’m glad I’m going back to back nights. I want to hear as much off of Gigaton as I can (I missed them their last time around).

PostPosted: Fri September 01, 2023 12:41 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

very much looks like a setlist where they are saving all their ammo for Saturday night

‘oven mitt’ solo takes the cake

Boom gets worse at keyboard over time

dude was embarrassingly bad last time I saw them live

he is an actual amateur musician

there are so many for-hire session/tour guys that could elevate that role

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Fri September 01, 2023 1:00 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Last leg of the 2000 tour Crazy Mary was the apex, everything after that has been down hill.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live