The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 949 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48
 Post subject: Re: 2014 Tour Rumours
PostPosted: Tue June 10, 2014 9:59 pm 
Future Drummer

lowlight79 wrote:
Mike apparently jammed with SG in Amsterdam the other night, Does that me the band is actually there practicing before the shows?

so mike showed up but matt didn't?

PostPosted: Thu June 12, 2014 2:55 am 
mXn

broken iris wrote:
At what point is the chance for a second Denver show pretty much nil? I don't recall the time between the WOR1 sale and the WOR2 announcement last fall.

I was holding out for Seattle 2 last year. Would have been a Saturday and nothing else was booked at Key Arena.

Never happened. So lame.

PostPosted: Thu June 12, 2014 10:48 am 
Future Drummer

Bammer wrote:
broken iris wrote:
At what point is the chance for a second Denver show pretty much nil? I don't recall the time between the WOR1 sale and the WOR2 announcement last fall.

I was holding out for Seattle 2 last year. Would have been a Saturday and nothing else was booked at Key Arena.

Never happened. So lame.

That really shoulda happened. The crowd for a Saturday night second show would have been insane.

I'll give it until the end of June (or if PJ is announced for Bridge School) then book my return flight from Denver.

PostPosted: Thu July 10, 2014 10:57 pm 
Banned from the Pit

This is purely rumor but I ran into a photographer at the DMB show in Cincinnati last night. Saw my Pearl Jam shirt and started talking about the show coming up in October. He says he used to work for Pearl Jam a couple years ago, knows the crew pretty well, specifically the guy who keeps the guest list. He said the VIP guest list for Cincinnati is already insane. He said Jim James (My Morning Jacket), Robert Pollard (Guided by Voices) and other people. Here's the kicker, as I was walking away, he said that he's 90% sure a member of The Who will show up. Which, if true, would be insane as they haven't returned to Cincinnati since the tragedy in 1979. Again, this is purely rumor.

PostPosted: Fri July 11, 2014 12:24 pm 
TIER 1 Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker

I wouldn't be surprised either if they play Bridge. I've been to a couple of those already and was considering going again. I'll wait to see who's on the lineup but I'm leaning towards going to Memphis instead.

PostPosted: Sat July 12, 2014 3:40 pm 
AnalLog

Biff Pocoroba wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised either if they play Bridge. I've been to a couple of those already and was considering going again. I'll wait to see who's on the lineup but I'm leaning towards going to Memphis instead.

It's almost certain they will play bridge given the last day of the tour and the date of bridge. 99%.

PostPosted: Tue July 15, 2014 2:05 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

otisboy2 wrote:
This is purely rumor but I ran into a photographer at the DMB show in Cincinnati last night. Saw my Pearl Jam shirt and started talking about the show coming up in October. He says he used to work for Pearl Jam a couple years ago, knows the crew pretty well, specifically the guy who keeps the guest list. He said the VIP guest list for Cincinnati is already insane. He said Jim James (My Morning Jacket), Robert Pollard (Guided by Voices) and other people. Here's the kicker, as I was walking away, he said that he's 90% sure a member of The Who will show up. Which, if true, would be insane as they haven't returned to Cincinnati since the tragedy in 1979. Again, this is purely rumor.

That is super interesting. Would love it if Jim James and Rob Pollard hopped up on stage.

Also, they played Cincy in 2000 and 2006, they were scheduled for 2003 but the show flooded out. 2006 was a really fun show, I had a perfect view of Rob Pollard watching from side stage. It was really interesting watching from his perspective, plus the dude is as big a Who fan as any that have existed, in fact Ed made note that RP was at the show of the 1979 tragedy. The possibility of a Who member being up there with Ed, Pollard, and even Jim James is insane.

PostPosted: Thu September 04, 2014 4:25 am 
Banned from the Pit

Bammer wrote:
broken iris wrote:

Never happened. So lame.

I was incredibly disappointed with that setlist. Thought they might do a great opening....(wash release long road or just one of them was my wish...and it was Pendulum Nothingman Small town...) and the closing (Kick out the jams, eruption, and YL) was a drag. I know its too predictable to do the blow out setlist in the hometown but for once a predicability would have been welcomed.

seattle 2 would have been epic as i was to be there thru sunday night. Oh well... enough b!tching. ha

PostPosted: Fri September 12, 2014 10:11 pm 
mXn

BRIDGE SCHOOL - October 25/26

DOES ANYONE LIVE IN THE AREA AND WANT TO GO TO ONE/BOTH NIGHTS WITH ME???

SERIOUS.

I would like to fly down solo for the weekend, have a place to crash, and someone to get a pair of tickets with. I'm not interested in blowing a ton of money on hotel, rental car, etc. but if I can make this work I really want to do it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 949 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live