The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 949 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2014 Tour Rumours
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 11:00 pm 
Future Drummer

it's just a way for those colorado hippies to save paper for all those blunts they be rollin' these days.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 12:02 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Lament wrote:
bond wrote:
I think I know why they do this. They have a thing called Flash Seats, which is free. Basically you bring your credit card/ID and they scan it at the door and the ticket prints as you go in, then you can't leave the venue and you have to enter the venue once scanned. I think it's an anti-scalping method. That way if you really want to scalp tickets, you have to pay $25 to get physical tickets (there's no print at home option). It makes sense for things like NBA/NHL games, but if you can make hundreds of dollars off concert tickets, that $25 only really serves to give the ticketing company extra money without really deterring anything.

I think there's a fallacy in the idea that the venues/bands/TM/anyone besides fans at this point really thinks scalpers are a problem. Everybody set to make money off of a ticket being sold to a fan is still making the exact same amount of money off of a scalper buying them. It sucks, but it's also the truth. I (rather cynically, I'll admit) think that most things that are interpreted by us to be deterrents to scalping are in the end just ways to make more money. Don't a significant portion of tickets go directly to "official" secondary market sites before they even go on-sale to the public as it is?

Definitely on board with this.

And yeah, Ticketmaster holds a fair amount of tickets for their own secondary ticket company, Tickets Now

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 12:24 am 
Champion of RM

emanon wrote:
Needed 4 for St. Louis. I used two browsers from work, my buddy did the same from home. My wait time jumped all over the place; his let him in pretty quick. He scored me 4 in section 114, while the best I could do was 311...so I went with his. Not great, but we'll get to take the kids to their first PJ show, and all sit together.

Good job dad!

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 3:48 am 
TIER 1 Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker

Road tripping to Tulsa & Lincoln. Will almost certainly fly in/out of Kansas City and drive in a circle.
Why there? If I'm going to fly I'm going to do at least two shows. My friend who went to Dallas/OKC last year would not be able to go this time but I don't mind going alone. Moline/St Paul/Milwaukee was my original plan via Ticketmaster. I had to work today & couldn't get online. It sounds like Moline would have been a crapshoot at best anyway. A three show trip was down to two. St Paul had sold way down & saw them play there in '03 and made a trip to Alpine Valley before that so I had seen them in the area. Going to a new city is part of the fun & have I not been to Kansas or Nebraska yet so I can mark off two more states in the process. Both of these have the potential to be surprisingly strong shows. Besides, anyone can go see their favorite band in places like NY or Chicago but to go to smaller, out of the way places make it more exciting.
I will treat myself to a very good steak on this trip as well. :li:

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 3:59 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
for anyone interested, i sent an email to the ten club yesterday asking about the system they are using, here is the replay i got

Tickets (Tenclub)

May 29 10:46 PM

Names are drawn first for the option that has more entries. For Lincoln GA was filled first in this case. So when GA names were pulled there were less #1 entires than tickets available, so the system automatically starts pulling #2 and so on until all tickets are sold. We hope that helps explain.

-10c

There is a flaw in the system, then. I had Lincoln GA as my third overall choice, and Lincoln reserved as my fourth choice. Ended up getting reserved. Would have preferred GA. Weird that GA/reserved is working this way.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 4:04 pm 
Champion of RM

mkay0 wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
for anyone interested, i sent an email to the ten club yesterday asking about the system they are using, here is the replay i got

Tickets (Tenclub)

Names are drawn first for the option that has more entries. For Lincoln GA was filled first in this case. So when GA names were pulled there were less #1 entires than tickets available, so the system automatically starts pulling #2 and so on until all tickets are sold. We hope that helps explain.

-10c

There is a flaw in the system, then. I had Lincoln GA as my third overall choice, and Lincoln reserved as my fourth choice. Ended up getting reserved. Would have preferred GA. Weird that GA/reserved is working this way.

Considering there are significantly less GA tickets and the GA odds were lower, you didn't describe a flaw.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 6:55 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

CopperTom wrote:
mkay0 wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:

Tickets (Tenclub)

-10c

Considering there are significantly less GA tickets and the GA odds were lower, you didn't describe a flaw.

He preferred seats to GA, and I preferred GA to seats. We each got the opposite of what we wanted. Why give someone GA when its their second choice when someone prefers GA isn't getting it?

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 9:00 pm 
Champion of RM

mkay0 wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
mkay0 wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:

Tickets (Tenclub)

-10c

He preferred seats to GA, and I preferred GA to seats. We each got the opposite of what we wanted. Why give someone GA when its their second choice when someone prefers GA isn't getting it?

Given how the lottery actually works and your pick priorities, I find both of your results rather predictable. Believe Spenno.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 10:41 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

CopperTom wrote:
mkay0 wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
mkay0 wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:

Tickets (Tenclub)

-10c

Given how the lottery actually works and your pick priorities, I find both of your results rather predictable. Believe Spenno.

Yeah, that makes perfect sense.

Guys, it doesn't work like this:

Lament wrote:
Also, you'd be amazed how many people still think they just put all of the names in a hat, pick out a set, and then try to give everyone their highest option available. I have no idea why anyone thinks this, but there are a lot of people who think this is how it works.

I should make an instructional YouTube video or something.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 10:43 pm 
Commissioner

That comment has to be like a year old at this point. Working the archives, huh?

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 10:52 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

Your posts provide a rich catalogue from which to draw, Lament.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 10:55 pm 
Commissioner

I'm glad I can help.

PostPosted: Sun June 01, 2014 12:02 am 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

PostPosted: Sun June 01, 2014 1:53 am 
Future Drummer

Kaius wrote:

PostPosted: Tue June 10, 2014 9:08 pm 
Future Drummer

Mike apparently jammed with SG in Amsterdam the other night, Does that me the band is actually there practicing before the shows?

PostPosted: Tue June 10, 2014 9:24 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Mike is there to hit up the whore houses, nothing more.

PostPosted: Tue June 10, 2014 9:26 pm 
Poster of the Year

whores don't really care if you shit yourself

you pay the cleanup fee and go on with your day

PostPosted: Tue June 10, 2014 9:29 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

If you're in the right place, you dont even have to pay the fee.

PostPosted: Tue June 10, 2014 9:43 pm 
Future Drummer

At what point is the chance for a second Denver show pretty much nil? I don't recall the time between the WOR1 sale and the WOR2 announcement last fall.

PostPosted: Tue June 10, 2014 9:47 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

broken iris wrote:
At what point is the chance for a second Denver show pretty much nil? I don't recall the time between the WOR1 sale and the WOR2 announcement last fall.

IIRC it was a couple weeks for Worcester as I remember my bi-weekly pay schedule not being a problem with this.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 949 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live