The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2022-09-17: Louisville, Kentucky
PostPosted: Sun September 18, 2022 4:10 am 
Banned from the Pit

Eddie had to stop their set a few times because he noticed people struggling in the crowd. Once in the middle of “Seven O’Clock” so the medical crew could help someone suffering from dehydration, and another check-in on someone he noticed who looked I’ll after “Who Wver Said.”

But compare to the other two nights, the crowd for PJ was massive, with the entire festival grounds seemingly packed to the gills. So I’m not surprised a few instances like that happened, IMO.

PostPosted: Sun September 18, 2022 4:18 am 
mXn

Unthought scratched twice in one week HELL YES

PostPosted: Sun September 18, 2022 5:26 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

First time seeing them since the R&RHF induction in 2017. First time seeing them at a festival. I had an amazing time. They really put it all out there every time. There's just nothing like seeing them live. :heartbeat:

I love this band so much.

PostPosted: Sun September 18, 2022 5:27 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

spike wrote:
Don’t drink too much bourbon, Joe.

:haha:

I was well behaved. I had to try the whiskey made by the Always Sunny crew. Duh. Otherwise I only had one other bourbon and one light beer.

My body will thank me in the morning.

PostPosted: Sun September 18, 2022 5:42 am 
10Club Complaint Department

epilogue wrote:
They really put it all out there every time. There's just nothing like seeing them live. :heartbeat:

I love this band so much.

love it. i'm stoked for all you guys who've seen them on this tour. everyone's been very positive and it makes me excited the closer it gets to when I'll see them.

PostPosted: Sun September 18, 2022 6:28 am 
The Master

epilogue wrote:
spike wrote:
Don’t drink too much bourbon, Joe.

:haha:

I was well behaved. I had to try the whiskey made by the Always Sunny crew. Duh. Otherwise I only had one other bourbon and one light beer.

My body will thank me in the morning.

I don't think my body will thank me tomorrow

PostPosted: Sun September 18, 2022 12:41 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Very cool to see 7 O Clock. Weird they didn’t do Doc. And very weird to chose Purple Rain as closer, wondering if it’s a curfew thing.

Still another great setlist, Off He Goes, In Hiding and WES …very cool

PostPosted: Sun September 18, 2022 2:08 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

VinylGuy wrote:
Very cool to see 7 O Clock. Weird they didn’t do Doc. And very weird to chose Purple Rain as closer, wondering if it’s a curfew thing.

Still another great setlist, Off He Goes, In Hiding and WES …very cool

It was def a curfew thing. YLed was the final song on the official setlist but wasn't played. Right before PR Ed said, "We have five minutes, so here's a five movie version of a ten minute song."

I was a little bummed not to hear DoC, if I'm honest. But Quick Escape was my #1 from Gigaton. So thrilled we got that. They didn't play it at MSG which was the one other show I could have gone to.

Also, I've always wanted to hear Low Light live! That one song was worth whatever else they wanted to play for me. :heartbeat:

PostPosted: Thu September 22, 2022 6:14 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Drone shot from the Bourbon & Beyond festival during Pearl Jam's set. Fuck that's so many people!

PostPosted: Thu September 22, 2022 6:26 pm 
mXn

I think I speak for spike when I say I hope you were masked up

PostPosted: Thu September 22, 2022 6:32 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Bam-Bam, you've really been fucked up by this whole thing, huh?

PostPosted: Thu September 22, 2022 6:33 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

i hope you wiped down your keyboard before touching it, bammer.

and please...for the love of all that is good...don't touch your t-zone.

PostPosted: Thu September 22, 2022 6:40 pm 
Major Dude

epilogue wrote:
Drone shot from the Bourbon & Beyond festival during Pearl Jam's set. Fuck that's so many people!

Where were you?

PostPosted: Thu September 22, 2022 7:10 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

So, there were two "main" stages, obviously. St. Vincent and Pearl Jam both played the one on the right in that pic.

I was almost right up on the the GA rail for St. Vincent. There were two "rows" of people in front of me. I was in the straightaway but closer to where the line curves to the right there. If that makes sense. But by the end of her set people were starting to really press in. It felt super crowded and I was getting a tad uncomfortable. Plus, there were several people in the groups in front of me that were sitting for StV's set, waiting for PJ -- which made the sightlines for StV fucking perfect! But I knew that wouldn't be the case for PJ.

PJ was the closer. So if I'd stayed there I would have had to hold tight during Greta Van Fleet's 1.5 hour set. And then Pearl Jam's 2 hour set. And I just didn't feel comfortable. So I backed way up after StV. They had massive screens and I knew I wouldn't have a clear, unobstructed view of the stage. So, I moved back to a spot where the sound was still really good -- no distortion or lag -- and where I had a better sightline. It was slightly elevated, so I could see over people, too. Which was great.

So if you follow that obvious walkway there to the right, I was standing near what looks like a red light at the end of that path. It was where the VIP entrance was, so it was a clear, open walkway that couldn't be blocked. There was no one in front of me. I could see the stage and the screens (obviously) and the sound was perfect.

I've seen them enough that I didn't need to be right up front. There were so many people and a lot of them were fucked up. I felt way more comfortable being where I wasn't pressed and surrounded. I was closer to an emergency exit if anything weird happened, and closer to the bathrooms in case I had to go rather than hold it for 3.5 hours to keep my spot up front.

A lot of people who had been at the previous days of the festival commented on how "insane" and "aggressive" the crowd was being that night. The PJ fans were out in force and they were being pretty aggressive, wanting to be close and loud, and there was little regard for the people around them. I saw people getting pushed and stepped on (those sitting, waiting it out) quite a bit.

But the energy through the whole place was good and mostly positive once the band started. The people all around me were super into the show and singing along to everything but the Gigaton songs -- but not so loudly or obnoxiously that they overtook the band. It was a good spot and the show was fantastic. Great energy.

Ed stopped the show twice (I think someone else already mentioned this) because of crowd stuff. Which was really cool. I love seeing Ed take care of the audience like that.

PostPosted: Thu September 22, 2022 7:28 pm 
mXn

epilogue wrote:

I’m alright but I appreciate your concern

PostPosted: Thu September 22, 2022 7:31 pm 
mXn

epilogue wrote:
So, there were two "main" stages, obviously. St. Vincent and Pearl Jam both played the one on the right in that pic.

I was almost right up on the the GA rail for St. Vincent. There were two "rows" of people in front of me. I was in the straightaway but closer to where the line curves to the right there. If that makes sense. But by the end of her set people were starting to really press in. It felt super crowded and I was getting a tad uncomfortable. Plus, there were several people in the groups in front of me that were sitting for StV's set, waiting for PJ -- which made the sightlines for StV fucking perfect! But I knew that wouldn't be the case for PJ.

PJ was the closer. So if I'd stayed there I would have had to hold tight during Greta Van Fleet's 1.5 hour set. And then Pearl Jam's 2 hour set. And I just didn't feel comfortable. So I backed way up after StV. They had massive screens and I knew I wouldn't have a clear, unobstructed view of the stage. So, I moved back to a spot where the sound was still really good -- no distortion or lag -- and where I had a better sightline. It was slightly elevated, so I could see over people, too. Which was great.

So if you follow that obvious walkway there to the right, I was standing near what looks like a red light at the end of that path. It was where the VIP entrance was, so it was a clear, open walkway that couldn't be blocked. There was no one in front of me. I could see the stage and the screens (obviously) and the sound was perfect.

I've seen them enough that I didn't need to be right up front. There were so many people and a lot of them were fucked up. I felt way more comfortable being where I wasn't pressed and surrounded. I was closer to an emergency exit if anything weird happened, and closer to the bathrooms in case I had to go rather than hold it for 3.5 hours to keep my spot up front.

A lot of people who had been at the previous days of the festival commented on how "insane" and "aggressive" the crowd was being that night. The PJ fans were out in force and they were being pretty aggressive, wanting to be close and loud, and there was little regard for the people around them. I saw people getting pushed and stepped on (those sitting, waiting it out) quite a bit.

But the energy through the whole place was good and mostly positive once the band started. The people all around me were super into the show and singing along to everything but the Gigaton songs -- but not so loudly or obnoxiously that they overtook the band. It was a good spot and the show was fantastic. Great energy.

Ed stopped the show twice (I think someone else already mentioned this) because of crowd stuff. Which was really cool. I love seeing Ed take care of the audience like that.

Jesus, man.

“About 50 feet back on Stone’s side” would have been a perfectly sufficient answer.

PostPosted: Thu September 22, 2022 7:42 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

:lol:

It's way more than 50 feet back, my dude.

Also, it was Mike's side.

PostPosted: Thu September 22, 2022 10:12 pm 
The Master

Bammer wrote:
epilogue wrote:

I’m alright but I appreciate your concern

You definitely have long Covid.

PostPosted: Thu September 22, 2022 10:44 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

you know what they say about guys with long covids…

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Thu October 20, 2022 7:19 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I don't remember the last CD I bought. But I went ahead and bought the CD bootleg of this show since I was there and it's a nice souvenir. :heartbeat:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live