The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 542 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
 Post subject: Re: Eddie Vedder and the Earthlings Tour (2022)
PostPosted: Tue March 01, 2022 2:13 pm 
A Return To Form

given2trade wrote:
Not to be a debbie downer, but I was at last night's show in San Diego and it was...bad. Now to be fair, I haven't been into Pearl Jam in years and the last Pearl Jam show I saw was ~8 years ago. But, I took my wife who loves music (and she went to that PJ show w/ me and had a good enough time), and we left early. Eddie just sounded terrible. Timeless Melody used to be one of my favorite cover songs. It was unrecognizable. Yes, the band was having lots of fun and it was great to see, but the new album is lame and the lead singer sounded bad. Hard to make up for that.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions but I have to disagree regarding Ed's singing. He sounded pretty rough 8 years ago on the Lightning Bolt tour. I was actually kinda shocked how good he sounded on those festival shows in 2021. Also, he sounds pretty good from the videos I have seen from the Earthling tour. Even the timeless melody video from the show you were at sounded fine. Another user posted the video and one from the Binaural tour above. Calling the former unrecognizable is silly - have a listen yourself.

Maybe the audio was bad at the show?

PostPosted: Tue March 01, 2022 2:38 pm 
mXn

given2trade wrote:
Strat wrote:
G2t. Has violently opposed Pj for at least 16 years now. It’s fine. For a few years after 2006 he was aggressively anti PJ. He went away for a number of years. didn’t expect him to give two shits about this album or shows. Totally fine.

But this whole “oh I’ve seen them 80 times…”

Come on. Fuck off. You’re over them and done. I’m glad you came in and said it wasn’t your thing. Totally fine. But I fucking hate when people try to come in and convince others they’re are some how inferior and shouldn’t like this shit.

So over that.

Glad you still suffer reading comprehension problems. I was told my opinion *didn't* matter cause I wasn't a big enough fan or something. Only positive reviews are allowed, Strat.

This board is the mecca of PJ fans shitting on PJ, if you haven’t noticed. And we welcome that very enthusiastically.

You just have a bad take on this one. That’s all.

PostPosted: Tue March 01, 2022 3:09 pm 
Rank This Poster

given2trade wrote:
warehouse wrote:
15 years is like half their career lol

yah i saw like 80 shows in the first half of their career lol

i hate DMB too fwiw and onetime really enjoyed that too

did i offend you?

PostPosted: Tue March 01, 2022 3:21 pm 
The Master

given2trade wrote:
Strat wrote:
G2t. Has violently opposed Pj for at least 16 years now. It’s fine. For a few years after 2006 he was aggressively anti PJ. He went away for a number of years. didn’t expect him to give two shits about this album or shows. Totally fine.

Come on. Fuck off. You’re over them and done. I’m glad you came in and said it wasn’t your thing. Totally fine. But I fucking hate when people try to come in and convince others they’re are some how inferior and shouldn’t like this shit.

So over that.

Glad you still suffer reading comprehension problems. I was told my opinion *didn't* matter cause I wasn't a big enough fan or something. Only positive reviews are allowed, Strat.

I suffer from comprehension? I literally just spent time telling you it’s totally fine you didn’t like it. I’m calling you out on you being holier than thou by mentioning how many times you’ve seen them as if that fucking matters

PostPosted: Tue March 01, 2022 3:33 pm 
mXn

lowlight79 wrote:
Bammer wrote:
Bammer has seen PJ 31 times.

Dude me too!

Bammer and LL have seen them 31 times

PostPosted: Tue March 01, 2022 3:37 pm 
The Master

Bammer wrote:
lowlight79 wrote:
Bammer wrote:

Dude me too!

Bammer, how was the sitting at the Seattle show?

PostPosted: Tue March 01, 2022 4:45 pm 
mXn

Strat wrote:
Bammer wrote:
lowlight79 wrote:
Bammer wrote:

Dude me too!

I was last row on the floor, dead center with my back to the mixing board. Everyone I could see was standing for most of the show.

Not that I was paying much attention but that includes the side terraces as I recall. At least the ones closer to the front. Only about 6-8 seats in each side terrace box.

Two very tall men in front of me, wish they had sat!!

I couldn’t see the main balcony above/behind me. If people were sitting, that would have been the place.

PostPosted: Tue March 01, 2022 4:55 pm 
Major Dude

Bammer wrote:
Strat wrote:
Bammer wrote:
lowlight79 wrote:
Bammer wrote:

Dude me too!

I was last row on the floor, dead center with my back to the mixing board.

Best seat in any house.

PostPosted: Tue March 01, 2022 5:33 pm 
Stone's Bitch

Gonna miss their adventures!

PostPosted: Tue March 01, 2022 5:42 pm 
The Master

lol Watt is probably a good producer but he looks like such a douche

PostPosted: Tue March 01, 2022 5:43 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

evenslow wrote:
Gonna miss their adventures!

I wonder what Steve Albini thinks of this picture?

PostPosted: Tue March 01, 2022 5:47 pm 
Rank This Poster

by far the worst thing about this watt guy is his outfits.

PostPosted: Tue March 01, 2022 7:08 pm 
AnalLog

given2trade wrote:
Not to be a debbie downer, but I was at last night's show in San Diego and it was...bad. Now to be fair, I haven't been into Pearl Jam in years and the last Pearl Jam show I saw was ~8 years ago. But, I took my wife who loves music (and she went to that PJ show w/ me and had a good enough time), and we left early. Eddie just sounded terrible. Timeless Melody used to be one of my favorite cover songs. It was unrecognizable. Yes, the band was having lots of fun and it was great to see, but the new album is lame and the lead singer sounded bad. Hard to make up for that.

I've had lady friends ruin shows for me too.

PostPosted: Tue March 01, 2022 8:27 pm 
"Supersonic sucks."

Strat wrote:
given2trade wrote:
Strat wrote:

So over that.

I suffer from comprehension? I literally just spent time telling you it’s totally fine you didn’t like it. I’m calling you out on you being holier than thou by mentioning how many times you’ve seen them as if that fucking matters

g2t can speak for himself, but it reads to me as though he was trying to frame his criticism by establishing how much he had once cared about the band. I don't see the claimed superiority, it's just a statement of fact.

PostPosted: Tue March 01, 2022 8:36 pm 
Rank This Poster

Birds in Hell wrote:
Strat wrote:
given2trade wrote:
Strat wrote:

So over that.

g2t can speak for himself, but it reads to me as though he was trying to frame his criticism by establishing how much he had once cared about the band. I don't see the claimed superiority, it's just a statement of fact.

he was just upset i called him out. there was no reason to mention DMB, but dude was angry, it was pretty obvious.

PostPosted: Tue March 01, 2022 8:53 pm 
AnalLog

Birds in Hell wrote:
Strat wrote:
given2trade wrote:
Strat wrote:

So over that.

Exactly. I was approaching it with full disclosure. And yes warehouse, I made a cheap shot on your dumb username. CONGRATS ON NAILING IT

PostPosted: Tue March 01, 2022 9:01 pm 
Rank This Poster

he's still angry lol. did i pick on you and forget about it?

PostPosted: Tue March 01, 2022 9:27 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Welcome back Matty

PostPosted: Tue March 01, 2022 9:27 pm 
AnalLog

Whether we like DMB or not, I think we can all agree that Warehouse is an enjoyable listen.

PostPosted: Tue March 01, 2022 9:28 pm 
AnalLog

Jorge wrote:
Welcome back Matty

Matt Likes This Post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 542 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live