The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post subject: TVG Presents: The 2000´s
PostPosted: Mon August 16, 2021 1:32 am 
jeeeesus relax already

Hello and welcome to my guide of the 2000 tour. Ill began with the Virginia boot and ill try to go in order and listen to the whole US leg. And then, maybe Europe (yeah i might not finish all of this)
Mostly, ill try to remember what it was to be a die hard fan of the band around that time, and if im lucky, you will join me with your own memories,

Why not post this in the lets talk about...?? Good question...Because it will be mainly about my own experiences with this tour, the Binaural release, following the shows through internet (first time for me), the bootlegs, Pearl Jam vs nu metal, and other stuff.

Enjoy!!

Post subject: Re: TVG Presents: The 2000´s
PostPosted: Mon August 16, 2021 1:37 am 
jeeeesus relax already

Virginia.

Great night. The band sounds great, there are really cool renditions of the binaural songs, and RVM and Black. A thought: While Daughter is great, and the tag is fucking A, i think this tour is not a good one for Vs.

Also kinda weird to think they played Porch in just 4 minutes!!

PostPosted: Mon August 16, 2021 1:40 am 
jeeeesus relax already

Ahh what an amazing, weird, confusing and super hard year for this band.

To be a fan around those years was to not see any kind of footage at all, maybe some pics ( Five Horizons had some really cool live shots in their Concert Cronology and i have them all!) maybe catch a live song in mtv, and not much else...they were really out there but outside the media for this one...which in retrospective it was kinda weird if we think they did videos and SVT for Yield..

PostPosted: Mon August 16, 2021 1:43 am 
jeeeesus relax already

VinylGuy wrote:
Virginia.

Great night. The band sounds great, there are really cool renditions of the binaural songs, and RVM and Black. A thought: While Daughter is great, and the tag is fucking A, i think this tour is not a good one for Vs.

Also kinda weird to think they played Porch in just 4 minutes!!

and fuuuuck those guitar tones in Sleight Of Hand... i dont think they nailed this one after the 2000s.

PostPosted: Mon August 16, 2021 2:36 am 
10Club Complaint Department

yeah, that whole tour is/was a remarkable run for them. anyone who was on the train at that point was a die-hard, and not just in it to see/hear songs from Ten-Vitalogy.

Virginia Beach is very good. sometimes the first show of a leg is...not so good. there's some rust to buff out. and even though it was the first time they'd done it, i think the "it's okay" daughter tag from this show is the best they've ever done. it meant more at the time.

that whole month of august shows is great. i still think the euro run is the best part of the binaural tour, but august 2000 gives it a run for its money.

this is a great idea, VG.

PostPosted: Mon August 16, 2021 3:47 am 
jeeeesus relax already

Also, it kinda felt to me back then that they didnt really wanted to play Ten...even if they did a lot of those songs, they feel weird most of the tour.

hell, remember when they didnt play Why Go? Porch was 4 minutes...Jeremy was really different too.

PostPosted: Mon August 16, 2021 12:36 pm 
Future Drummer

dad wrote:
yeah, that whole tour is/was a remarkable run for them. anyone who was on the train at that point was a die-hard, and not just in it to see/hear songs from Ten-Vitalogy.

Virginia Beach is very good. sometimes the first show of a leg is...not so good. there's some rust to buff out. and even though it was the first time they'd done it, i think the "it's okay" daughter tag from this show is the best they've ever done. it meant more at the time.

that whole month of august shows is great. i still think the euro run is the best part of the binaural tour, but august 2000 gives it a run for its money.

I'm partial to Jones Beach later in the month but agree that it has even more emotional weight here, can't go wrong with either really.

I've listened to entire DMB tours before but never PJ, look forward to reading along VG. Funny that August '00 was a very solid month for DMB as well but more the beginning of the end for that era whereas almost a rebirth in a sense for PJ.

PostPosted: Mon August 16, 2021 1:01 pm 

oasisfan35 wrote:
dad wrote:

I'm partial to Jones Beach later in the month but agree that it has even more emotional weight here, can't go wrong with either really.

I've listened to entire DMB tours before but never PJ, look forward to reading along VG. Funny that August '00 was a very solid month for DMB as well but more the beginning of the end for that era whereas almost a rebirth in a sense for PJ.

those jones beach shows are so good. i'm definitely partial to the No Code-heavy one.

PostPosted: Mon August 16, 2021 2:13 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

I recently saw that Woodstock 99 doc and i while i was watching some footage for rock in the park 2000 i was blown away by what PJ was doing around that time, and what the mainstream focus was.

They were really doing something different to Korn, Limp Bizkit or whataver. Even if they had song with that energy (Blood for example) they were gone from the setlist. The energy from the live setting was super different than 1995, 1996 or hell, even 1998. Its like they are a different band that plays a lot of Ten covers.

PostPosted: Tue August 17, 2021 3:25 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Diving into Charlotte right now. This is a shorter show, so it should be super fun.

I really like the transition from Sometimes to Breakerfall, and while i love how tight Breakerfall is in this tour, i think the better versions are from 2005.
But damn those guitar tones...specially Mike!! On fucking fire.

PostPosted: Tue August 17, 2021 3:30 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Matt is on fire during Corduroy...specially the bridge...fucking tight.

PostPosted: Tue August 17, 2021 3:30 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

There is some kind of self imposed restraint in these shows with the older material thats new, somehow refreshing and also frustrating.

PostPosted: Tue August 17, 2021 3:36 pm 

VinylGuy wrote:
Diving into Charlotte right now. This is a shorter show, so it should be super fun.

I really like the transition from Sometimes to Breakerfall, and while i love how tight Breakerfall is in this tour, i think the better versions are from 2005.

i listened to this one yesterday on a walk. the thing that's standing out--to me--is how they paced themselves well back then. they weren't trying to bust through songs like corduroy, or daughter, or even flow. everything felt just right.

i also loved how they were still doing a combination of improv, mfc, and habit this tour.

and yes, the guitar tones are fantastic.

PostPosted: Tue August 17, 2021 3:43 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Nothing As It Seems never sounded better than on this tour. Not just Mike´s guitar tone but the band is super locked in. Ed sounds super tired and sad like in the studio version.

That bridge :heartbeat:

PostPosted: Tue August 17, 2021 3:44 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

dad wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

i listened to this one yesterday on a walk. the thing that's standing out--to me--is how they paced themselves well back then. they weren't trying to bust through songs like corduroy, or daughter, or even flow. everything felt just right.

i also loved how they were still doing a combination of improv, mfc, and habit this tour.

i do like the energy they got back in 2005 for songs like Why Go, Porch or Present Tense tough.

PostPosted: Tue August 17, 2021 3:45 pm 

VinylGuy wrote:
dad wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

i do like the energy they got back in 2005 for songs like Why Go, Porch or Present Tense tough.

agreed. that's another great tour right there.

PostPosted: Tue August 17, 2021 4:07 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Even Flow of 5 minutes!

I wonder if they chose to play just two hours or it was some kind of restriction....

PostPosted: Tue August 17, 2021 4:12 pm 
Future Drummer

VinylGuy wrote:
Even Flow of 5 minutes!

I wonder if they chose to play just two hours or it was some kind of restriction....

Virginia Beach was 2:03 and Greensboro (listening now) is 2:08. It feels like they are simply comfortable and not trying to put forth the Who-esque full-on rawk show.

PostPosted: Tue August 17, 2021 4:20 pm 

bring back the two hour shows.

love ya,

dad

PostPosted: Tue August 17, 2021 8:11 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Griveance sounds glorious here. Ed is great, the band is tight...he sounds like a howling wolf in the chorus

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live