Switch to full style
Discuss your favorite shows, tours, concert posters...
Topic locked

First song back?

Mon June 21, 2021 12:04 am

i've seen this talked about randomly, so i waned to make a thread for it. what song opens pearl jam's first shows after the pandemic? my vote is small town, but others ive seen mentioned:

alive
corduroy
release

anything i'm missing? 'gonna see my friends' wont be first, but it will be like 3-4.

Re: First song back?

Mon June 21, 2021 12:13 am

fuck! i would say...release.

Mon June 21, 2021 12:31 am

Blood

Mon June 21, 2021 12:41 am

Johnny Guitar obvs

Mon June 21, 2021 4:34 pm

First song back will be Corduroy. Just imagine that glorious call & response during the bridge. Ed can’t resist that.

Mon June 21, 2021 4:37 pm

first time i listen to Alive again live im gonna cry

Mon June 21, 2021 4:39 pm

wease wrote:First song back will be Corduroy. Just imagine that glorious call & response during the bridge. Ed can’t resist that.

I'm on the record in another thread as guessing this. I wasn't thinking about the call-and-response so much as (1) the first show back is a festival show, and they tend to open those with crowd-pleasers and (2) "the waiting drove me mad" as an opening line.

Mon June 21, 2021 4:42 pm

Simple Torture wrote:
wease wrote:First song back will be Corduroy. Just imagine that glorious call & response during the bridge. Ed can’t resist that.

I'm on the record in another thread as guessing this. I wasn't thinking about the call-and-response so much as (1) the first show back is a festival show, and they tend to open those with crowd-pleasers and (2) "the waiting drove me mad" as an opening line.

Exactly.

Tue June 22, 2021 5:15 pm

wease wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

Exactly.

Thought the same, though since the first show will be at Sea Hear Now on the beach, I could also see Oceans, then Corduroy.

Tue June 22, 2021 5:19 pm

I vote release

Tue June 22, 2021 5:22 pm

Long Road -> Corduroy -> SBWM -> Why Go Home

(The flow would work better as SBWM -> Corduroy)

I just hope its not Elderly Woman.. great song, but its sucks as an opener (got it at Lolla 2013)
Last edited by Johnny Turner on Tue June 22, 2021 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue June 22, 2021 5:24 pm

Release-Corduroy-Alive

Tue June 22, 2021 5:29 pm

Johnny Turner wrote:Long Road -> Corduroy -> SBWM -> Why Go Home

(The flow would work better as SBWM -> Corduroy)

I just hope its not Elderly Woman.. great song, but its sucks as an opener (got it at Lolla 2013)

Hmmm Long Road is a good guess

Wed June 23, 2021 9:55 pm

Get Back (Cover)

Thu June 24, 2021 12:30 am

Ed can’t sing that high anymore

Thu June 24, 2021 11:49 pm

Do The Evolution-->Corduroy-->Why go. These guys have been home for a while, I think they come with the fire first.

Fri June 25, 2021 12:11 am

it's gonna be release

Fri June 25, 2021 12:38 am

small town>corduroy>do the evolution>save you

Fri June 25, 2021 12:49 am

Sweet Lew

Fri June 25, 2021 12:53 am

Strange Brew