The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Updated Green Habit compilation?
PostPosted: Mon July 22, 2013 1:52 am 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 3:34 pm
Posts: 2659
and arent there some bad ass versions of 'black red yellow' from 2005? calgary maybe? did they even play calgary in 2005?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Updated Green Habit compilation?
PostPosted: Mon July 22, 2013 1:53 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 46921
Location: Sector 7-G
I would only want to use an mp3 only recording if all the lossless ones really sucked.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Updated Green Habit compilation?
PostPosted: Mon July 22, 2013 2:12 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:33 pm
Posts: 1828
Location: Rand McNally
That and the fact that the 2010 version of BRY was much better. Surprised we haven't heard it since actually.

All Night with the Roots would definitely be in contention :nice:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Updated Green Habit compilation?
PostPosted: Mon July 22, 2013 2:14 am 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 3:34 pm
Posts: 2659
would it be wrong to put ed's solo performance of 'gone' on here? b/c i think thats my favorite one.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Updated Green Habit compilation?
PostPosted: Mon July 22, 2013 2:15 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu January 31, 2013 7:03 am
Posts: 5141
Location: by the ocean
ridleybradout wrote:
All Night with the Roots would definitely be in contention :nice:

Yep, that'd get my vote.

_________________
Dev wrote:
those who are fulfilled by life are either simpletons or lack conscientiousness.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Updated Green Habit compilation?
PostPosted: Mon July 22, 2013 1:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:04 pm
Posts: 1522
Location: Heathrow, FL
All night from the roots is good, but all night from Sesatchewan should be the pick. Yes, I totally butchered the name of that canadian outpost.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Updated Green Habit compilation?
PostPosted: Mon July 22, 2013 1:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:04 pm
Posts: 1522
Location: Heathrow, FL
As for gone, that is gonna take some thought to use the ed solo version, there are some good versions done electric and full acoustic by the whole band, just my two cents.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Updated Green Habit compilation?
PostPosted: Mon July 22, 2013 11:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:34 pm
Posts: 1498
ridleybradout wrote:
Here's my current list of choice versions of the past 2 albums as a starting point:

Gonna See My Friend (Phili 2010-10-30)
The Fixer (all sounds the same to me - suggestions? The video clip version sounds good and is not drop tuned but has that horrible canned crowd noise)


The correct answer for both of these is 2009-09-26 Ridgefield. And that's not just because I was there - I spent weeks making a 2009 comp last year and listened to every single version of both of these songs and couldn't find better versions of either.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Updated Green Habit compilation?
PostPosted: Mon July 22, 2013 11:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:33 pm
Posts: 1828
Location: Rand McNally
Cheers Matt, I remember that being a good show - will have to have another listen :thumbsup:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Updated Green Habit compilation?
PostPosted: Tue July 23, 2013 1:43 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu January 31, 2013 7:03 am
Posts: 5141
Location: by the ocean
Yeah, I have that show down as my GSMF.

_________________
Dev wrote:
those who are fulfilled by life are either simpletons or lack conscientiousness.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Updated Green Habit compilation?
PostPosted: Tue July 23, 2013 12:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:04 pm
Posts: 1522
Location: Heathrow, FL
GSMF from 10-30-09 is the best version in my opinion.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Updated Green Habit compilation?
PostPosted: Tue July 23, 2013 2:39 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 3:34 pm
Posts: 2659
lowlight79 wrote:
GSMF from 10-30-09 is the best version in my opinion.

me 2

yes i was there


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Updated Green Habit compilation?
PostPosted: Tue July 23, 2013 7:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:04 pm
Posts: 1522
Location: Heathrow, FL
warehouse wrote:
lowlight79 wrote:
GSMF from 10-30-09 is the best version in my opinion.

me 2

yes i was there



I wasn't, but that's the one philly show I wish I wentto.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Updated Green Habit compilation?
PostPosted: Tue July 23, 2013 7:50 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 3:34 pm
Posts: 2659
lowlight79 wrote:
warehouse wrote:
lowlight79 wrote:
GSMF from 10-30-09 is the best version in my opinion.

me 2

yes i was there



I wasn't, but that's the one philly show I wish I wentto.

yeah, it was the best. and that was the first song so ed probably wasnt shitfaced yet.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Updated Green Habit compilation?
PostPosted: Fri July 26, 2013 1:27 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 9:37 am
Posts: 1940
lowlight79 wrote:
GSMF from 10-30-09 is the best version in my opinion.


I agree. And I *hate* those Philly shows!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Updated Green Habit compilation?
PostPosted: Sat August 31, 2013 5:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Sun July 14, 2013 6:42 pm
Posts: 395
As a newcomer, I'd love to hear the backstory about how the Green Habit compilation came to be.

_________________
My head ain't filled with nothin'
but cats and rockin' chairs


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Updated Green Habit compilation?
PostPosted: Thu September 26, 2013 2:57 pm 
Offline
Spambot
 Profile

Joined: Thu September 26, 2013 2:50 pm
Posts: 1
I'll be watching this thread...I've had an ongoing project to update the GH list: a spreadsheet to track all songs played live, as well as tags (pulled from pearljam.com), with dates of first played live, GH version, notes, and if I have a better version I like better. My PJ collection is extensive, but not exhaustive. I will gladly defer to those with access to a larger portion of the live catalog. Either way, while going through the first effort, I noticed I had some audio of stuff not included. Also: Is 10/22/90 the first PJ show used for this? I could swear the order of songs on disc 1 doesn't match that show.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Updated Green Habit compilation?
PostPosted: Sat September 28, 2013 6:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Site Admin
 Profile

Joined: Wed December 12, 2012 10:33 pm
Posts: 5348
Heh, since I'm the founder of this project, I guess I should comment.

Anyway, I've wanted to update this, but since 10C has still been selling the boots from 2008 to the present I'm nervous in doing so. This is why I used an audience recording for the Benaroya songs in the original version, for example.

dsb1218 wrote:
As a newcomer, I'd love to hear the backstory about how the Green Habit compilation came to be.
I got real tired of hearing the same songs over and over by having certain shows on my general music rotation, so I thought it'd be cool to just take one version of every song and mix it together to get some diversity. My rule of thumb in deciding which songs made the cut was that I would include every original song they ever performed (AUD or SBD), and I would also include any cover that had a SBD version available. (However, I'd certainly make an exception for the MLB/TOTD songs, since they still haven't released the PJ20 boots. :shake: )

Back when I created this, digital music players weren't widespread yet so I split up the compilation into a series of discs that could each fit on a CD. The order of songs by disc assignment was determined by when PJ first played the song (so, Brain of J is with some No Code songs and Low Light is with some Riot Act songs even though both were released on Yield).


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Updated Green Habit compilation?
PostPosted: Tue October 01, 2013 3:11 pm 
Offline
Banned from the Pit
 Profile

Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 8:15 pm
Posts: 20
Green Habit wrote:
Heh, since I'm the founder of this project, I guess I should comment.

Anyway, I've wanted to update this, but since 10C has still been selling the boots from 2008 to the present I'm nervous in doing so. This is why I used an audience recording for the Benaroya songs in the original version, for example.

dsb1218 wrote:
As a newcomer, I'd love to hear the backstory about how the Green Habit compilation came to be.
I got real tired of hearing the same songs over and over by having certain shows on my general music rotation, so I thought it'd be cool to just take one version of every song and mix it together to get some diversity. My rule of thumb in deciding which songs made the cut was that I would include every original song they ever performed (AUD or SBD), and I would also include any cover that had a SBD version available. (However, I'd certainly make an exception for the MLB/TOTD songs, since they still haven't released the PJ20 boots. :shake: )

Back when I created this, digital music players weren't widespread yet so I split up the compilation into a series of discs that could each fit on a CD. The order of songs by disc assignment was determined by when PJ first played the song (so, Brain of J is with some No Code songs and Low Light is with some Riot Act songs even though both were released on Yield).


I just want to take the time to say thank you for putting this together. I still listen to it constantly all these years later. I love the idea of having a great live version of every song they have played (up to that point). I much prefer live music over studio so your compilation is my default PJ listening source when I'm looking to pull up a certain song.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Updated Green Habit compilation?
PostPosted: Wed October 02, 2013 12:26 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 3:34 pm
Posts: 2659
who still has the original? my ipod needs updating big time


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sun December 17, 2017 5:46 pm