The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Official Vault Releases
PostPosted: Sun August 23, 2020 9:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 43477
Location: Mountains
Was it in response to the fans who complained that the band is too precious about their performances and they should stop editing them??


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Vault Releases
PostPosted: Sun August 23, 2020 9:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 43477
Location: Mountains
and also how were they so unrehearsed?? Its not just ed. Its everyone.

They were in the middle of recording avocado, just did the VFC, ready to embark on the canadian tour

Did they all do a shit ton of psychedelics before the show and just said fuck it? respect.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Vault Releases
PostPosted: Sun August 23, 2020 10:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
A Return To Form
 Profile

Joined: Sun January 05, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 122
Location: San Francisco, CA
Strat wrote:
Okay i demand answers on this missoula 05 show they released.

It is so bad. Perhaps one of the worst shows of their careers. THey manage to fuck up the first 5 songs without shame.

Seriously, i need answers. Why???

Did they think it was a funny joke? If so, i respect.

I feel the exact same way. That show is dogshit. A lukewarm BRY is the best thing on that recording.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Vault Releases
PostPosted: Sun August 23, 2020 11:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 13938
I find it hard to believe the band have any active involvement in picking the shows, and definitely not reviewing them for quality.

I presume "The Rob" (or the merch guy, or whoever) pick something from the list of available shows in the archive, the band signs off and the order for vinyl pressing goes out.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Vault Releases
PostPosted: Sun August 23, 2020 11:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 22602
I havent listened to missoula 05 in a long time, but i remember it was a weird night yes. Specially coming from a top notch tour like 2005 was.

Might be my favorite.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Vault Releases
PostPosted: Sun August 23, 2020 11:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 43477
Location: Mountains
Birds in Hell wrote:
I find it hard to believe the band have any active involvement in picking the shows, and definitely not reviewing them for quality.

I presume "The Rob" (or the merch guy, or whoever) pick something from the list of available shows in the archive, the band signs off and the order for vinyl pressing goes out.

I find it hard to believe the band has no say in it.

There must have been something. Perhaps the money earned went to Testers campaign or something.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Vault Releases
PostPosted: Mon August 24, 2020 1:22 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 19024
Strat wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
I find it hard to believe the band have any active involvement in picking the shows, and definitely not reviewing them for quality.

I presume "The Rob" (or the merch guy, or whoever) pick something from the list of available shows in the archive, the band signs off and the order for vinyl pressing goes out.

I find it hard to believe the band has no say in it.

There must have been something. Perhaps the money earned went to Testers campaign or something.


yes if i had to guess i would say it's release is related to trying to keep that MT seat for the blue team

_________________
All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Vault Releases
PostPosted: Mon August 24, 2020 1:23 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 22602
yeah, there is no way the band doesnt decide which boot is going to be released.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Vault Releases
PostPosted: Mon August 24, 2020 1:36 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 38291
Location: Different mountains than strat and bodysnatcher.
Pretty sure all the vault stuff is driven by Jeff


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Vault Releases
PostPosted: Mon August 24, 2020 11:54 am 
Offline
A Return To Form
 Profile

Joined: Sun October 16, 2016 4:19 pm
Posts: 115
Strat wrote:
and also how were they so unrehearsed?? Its not just ed. Its everyone.

They were in the middle of recording avocado, just did the VFC, ready to embark on the canadian tour

Did they all do a shit ton of psychedelics before the show and just said fuck it? respect.

If I remember correctly, Insignificance is not part of the Vault release. This song was included in the recording that leaked back in the day. It's the worst of them all and falls apart completely. So maybe they did a little cleaning up here but the show still sucks.:)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Vault Releases
PostPosted: Mon August 24, 2020 11:57 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 13938
raven2001 wrote:
If I remember correctly, Insignificance is not part of the Vault release.

It's included on my (digital) copy.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Vault Releases
PostPosted: Mon August 24, 2020 12:07 pm 
Online
User avatar
I Have A Third Nipple
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 18192
Location: Cumberland, RI
Birds in Hell wrote:
raven2001 wrote:
If I remember correctly, Insignificance is not part of the Vault release.

It's included on my (digital) copy.

It's also on the LP: https://www.discogs.com/Pearl-Jam-Misso ... e/13084557

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Vault Releases
PostPosted: Mon August 24, 2020 1:04 pm 
Offline
A Return To Form
 Profile

Joined: Sun October 16, 2016 4:19 pm
Posts: 115
I looked it up. Grievance is the song I was talking about! Sorry for the mix-up.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Official Vault Releases
PostPosted: Sat September 12, 2020 12:25 am 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 7:55 pm
Posts: 2664
Does the Unplugged count as the vault release this year?


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Thu September 24, 2020 12:06 pm