The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2022-09-16: Nashville, TN
PostPosted: Sat September 17, 2022 2:40 pm 
The Master

I like Last Kiss.

PostPosted: Sat September 17, 2022 2:49 pm 
Champion of RM

dad wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Listened to Vitalogy for the first time in awhile on the drive down here. Turned out to be a good choice.

six songs!

I wonder if this was a tune-up for a full album Vitalogy show.

PostPosted: Sat September 17, 2022 2:53 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

CopperTom wrote:
dad wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Listened to Vitalogy for the first time in awhile on the drive down here. Turned out to be a good choice.

six songs!

had they done that to prior full album shows they did?

PostPosted: Sat September 17, 2022 3:06 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

dad wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
dad wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

six songs!

had they done that to prior full album shows they did?

Not counting the Ten show (because they play those songs so often), I'd say no for the No Code show; if you look at the gaps of last played for the rarer songs, they're pretty large, and 7 were tour debuts.

With the Binaural show, you can maybe make the case. 6 songs were tour debuts, but they also had played some of the rarer songs fairly recently--Gods' Dice, Breakerfall, Rival, Of the Girl. It's tougher I think because Binaural songs are so rare anyways

PostPosted: Sat September 17, 2022 3:16 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Great looking set. Look forward to hearing this one. I've listened to the Apollo Theater show a couple times already, and I'm amazed at how good the band sounds right now. Especially Ed.

PostPosted: Sat September 17, 2022 3:50 pm 
Major Dude

Nothingman as opener was a treat. Buckle Up after just killed any energy NM had built. I don’t know if it’s because not many knew it or just the song itself, but everyone around me seemed bored while they played it. Black brought it all back though. Pretty cool to get it so early. And while I’m not a big fan of Present Tense any more and skip it when it comes up on the playlists, I enjoyed the hell out of it last night. Early on, All Night seemed like they were just going to quit, Ed was so lost, but the band kept it going and somehow they made it to the end. Who Ever Said just fucking jams live. Corduroy call and response. Fuck that shit. Although Ed did preface it by telling us it was Johnny Ramone’s favorite PJ song. He introduced Rats as a request. By Jeff Ament. Always happy to get it. Wishlist had Waiting On A Friend tagged. Even Flow just cooked. I’m to the point I don’t give a shit what Mike’s doing during the middle section and Stone, Jeff and Matt were just slamming. The EF into DOTC was a great transition and Dance is a fucking great live tune. Immortality was a nice surprise. River Cross kinda killed the flow. I didn’t really enjoy it. Better Man had the Save It For Later coda. Porch was just fire. The jam had something to it that I hadn’t felt in a long time. I won’t say it was 1994 level but it was fantastic. Last Kiss was as _____ as ever but when they kicked into Go, holy fuck. That tune is still magical for me live. Then GTF. Not a fan but it had the desired effect and the crowd as a whole just went to that next level with them. Perfect time for Alive.

The band really seemed tight (we’re never counting Ed when we say this, right?) and the energy was great. Everyone in our row seemed to want to implode from the outer seats to the middle and we were basically standing sideways the entire show. Which meant my back took a beating from that chick that spilled beer all over me. She was banging into me and grabbing my arms and shoulders (and sometimes lower) all night. I felt like I was in a prize fight when the show was over. And a few seats down from Mrs Wease there was a dude that was passed out in his seat around STBC. His buds finally got him up for GTF. There were quite a few dads with their teen sons in our section and right in front of me was a 14-year-old there at his first concert ever with his dad and that kid had an absolute blast. It was cool to see.

All in all, a great show and a great time was had. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a little disappointed that the only new-to-me songs were Gigaton tracks but I do realize that songs that I’d really like to hear now are from an era of the band that they just simply don’t want to represent live any more. I had my chance when the albums were new and I didn’t take it, so I guess that’s my loss.

And how about the near-Vitalogy show? Fuck yeah.

PostPosted: Sat September 17, 2022 7:58 pm 
TIER 1 Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker

If they’re doing the first few songs sitting down maybe the first two songs should have been switched. Buckle Up would have been a decent opener for the setting but nothing man/black would have been a great back to back punch.
Would have liked a few more Gigaton songs but not complaining at all, really good show and evening.

PostPosted: Sat September 17, 2022 8:23 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

seems like a great setlists

PostPosted: Sat September 17, 2022 8:42 pm 
Major Dude

Biff Pocoroba wrote:
If they’re doing the first few songs sitting down maybe the first two songs should have been switched. Buckle Up would have been a decent opener for the setting but nothing man/black would have been a great back to back punch.
Would have liked a few more Gigaton songs but not complaining at all, really good show and evening.

Yeah, good call.

And I can’t believe we didn’t get Quick Escape.

PostPosted: Sat September 17, 2022 8:48 pm 
Future Drummer

This is a very cool setlist. I like that they've experimented with moving some late staples early. Black at this show, Porch at MSG

PostPosted: Sat September 17, 2022 10:51 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

wease wrote:
Buckle Up after just killed any energy NM had built. I don’t know if it’s because not many knew it or just the song itself, but everyone around me seemed bored while they played it.

It's definitely the song, one of the worst they've ever written.

PostPosted: Sat September 17, 2022 10:55 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

Mickey wrote:
wease wrote:
Buckle Up after just killed any energy NM had built. I don’t know if it’s because not many knew it or just the song itself, but everyone around me seemed bored while they played it.

It's definitely the song, one of the worst they've ever written.

It's not good.

PostPosted: Sat September 17, 2022 11:22 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

We are never going to hear Gigaton songs live after 2022.

PostPosted: Sun September 18, 2022 10:27 pm 
Broken Tamborine

Nothingman as an opener was fucking awesome. Nothing that i expected. and Buckle Up in the two whole, didn't expect it, but i thought it was great. then when they played Black third? holy shit, i lost it. i knew then just to sit back (well stand up, lol) and enjoy the ride. Will never complain getting Present Tense, though i've heard it live in Cincy. But when Matt kicked in the drums and I realized it was Last Exit? Knew then that this show was worth the 2+ years wait.
Won't go into a song by song review, but just have to say All Night cracked me up. Everyone saying it was lyric flub by Ed, I saw it as a timing flub. Ed kept trying to sing the "Got All Night" line and was just wrong in his timing. Stone was just staring at him shaking his head "NO" with this look on his face like, "You're a fucking idiot". Just cracked me up I wish i had been taking video of that moment, LOL...
But to get Whoever Said, Corduroy (I know not that rare, but it's one of my favorites to hear live - named one of our freaking cats Corduroy), Rats, DOC, Immortality, Go, Smile, Betterman (again, I know not rare, but one of my wife's favs), and yes, Last Kiss, was a great show.
And as a side note - Rivercross is probably my least favorite off Gigaton, but live with all the cell phone lights going - was a really cool moment of the show for me and my wife. Pics we have don't do it justice, but was a pretty cool thing to see.

So all in all, this one is probably #1 on my list of shows I've been to- had a great time, great seats, and just overall really happy it actually happened, LOL. The only bad thing I have to say about it is out AC went out at home the day before, and bc of waiting for it to be repaired that day, missed out on the shirt and sticker. But did manage that button. Hoping they release the NA leg 2 posters bc I do dig the poster and will/would look great in my Duke den.

PostPosted: Sun September 18, 2022 10:31 pm 
Broken Tamborine

wease wrote:
Corduroy with the c&r. Fucking bullshit.

Yeah, I agree, but with Ed's story about it being Johnny Ramone's request to hear live, I get that he had to get the "Hey Ho, Let's Go" incorporated into it somehow. I didn't mind it. Mike still fucking killed that solo...

PostPosted: Mon September 19, 2022 4:59 am 
The Master

B wrote:

I bet Whoever Said and Quick Escape will stick around.

PostPosted: Mon September 19, 2022 12:27 pm 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

Monkey_Driven wrote:
B wrote:

Like Riot Act and Binaural stick around.

PostPosted: Mon September 19, 2022 12:41 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Monkey_Driven wrote:
B wrote:

WES is great live. I like the song but didn't expect it to hit has hard as it does live.

PostPosted: Mon September 19, 2022 6:32 pm 
Major Dude

epilogue wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
B wrote:

WES is great live. I like the song but didn't expect it to hit has hard as it does live.

Not sure about Quick Escape. Going in to the weekend these were two of the three I was sure we’d get from the album, but we didn’t get QE at either show.

PostPosted: Tue September 27, 2022 1:05 am 
Banned from the Pit

Sandwiched between NM and Black, Buckle Up should've been the opener. No complaints other than the Merch Line, to which we watched from our 23rd floor view after checking it out for ourselves. Neither of us brought a high enough SPF to stand in that heat.

Rats, Smile, Go, and Present Tense, most especially were the highlights, as well as the barrage of Vitalogy. As anticipation is to climax, can't wait for another pandemic to kick these live shows up a couple of notches. Ranks above my previous two Nashville shows. Regards!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live