Switch to full style
Discuss your favorite shows, tours, concert posters...
Post a reply

recommendations for favorite boots of IMT?

Sat May 04, 2013 10:58 am

Right now my favorite is Chicago Aug 2009. But there must be some fantastic ones from earlier. Generally speaking I didn't really like the slowed down 2003 version, though there are some exceptions.

Re: recommendations for favorite boots of IMT?

Sat May 04, 2013 11:04 am

Also, any live IMTs with Jack?

Sat May 04, 2013 2:25 pm

This show (3/05/1998) has my favorite version of "In My Tree" ever. If you're looking for a good version of the song, you've got to go with a Jack version.

Some of the 2000 versions with Matt are great too, especially St. Louis. But they don't quite have the magic that the song had with Jack.

Sat May 04, 2013 3:28 pm

there was a show in austrialia in 98 broadcast on the radio that had a badass in my tree i believe.

Sat May 04, 2013 5:13 pm

Thank you :!: Melbourne, Australia 3-5-98. Perfect. Just downloaded it. Crappy quality recording (I still can't figure out how to access those remasters! Neither MediaFire nor MegaUpload seems to work right for me!) But still, amazing. I doubt it gets any better than this. :thumbsup:

Sat May 04, 2013 7:54 pm

Saratoga 2000 is a very good version with Matt.

Sun May 05, 2013 3:32 am

yofismom wrote:Thank you :!: Melbourne, Australia 3-5-98. Perfect. Just downloaded it. Crappy quality recording (I still can't figure out how to access those remasters! Neither MediaFire nor MegaUpload seems to work right for me!) But still, amazing. I doubt it gets any better than this. :thumbsup:

Why don't you try torrenting? That's one of the greatest quality live recordings in existence - you just won't enjoy it on the same level if you are listening to a 128k mp3.

Sun May 05, 2013 2:17 pm

yofismom wrote:Thank you :!: Melbourne, Australia 3-5-98. Perfect. Just downloaded it. Crappy quality recording (I still can't figure out how to access those remasters! Neither MediaFire nor MegaUpload seems to work right for me!) But still, amazing. I doubt it gets any better than this. :thumbsup:

Here's the remasters...including Melbourne with that In My Tree ya want (which is also my favorite In My Tree). The original Mediafire links that Ridely uploaded are corrupted because Mediafire sucks. I reuploaded them all onto Mega.

http://wegotshit.blogspot.com/search/la ... 0Remasters

Sat June 01, 2013 7:13 pm

Augusta, Maine 96

Sun June 02, 2013 3:26 am

This is one of those songs that Matt just doesn't play as well as Jack, but I love the Boston 8/30/00 version. Mike and Stone do a guitar harmony at the end that feels a lot sharper than usual, and it adds this kind of melancholy effect that I don't remember from other versions. It's my go-to version.

Sun June 02, 2013 3:27 am

I was there, man.

Sun June 02, 2013 3:48 am

Those are good shows, P.

Sun June 02, 2013 5:03 am

I haven't listened to 8/30 in ages. Luckily enough, it's time for me to move on from Lubbock.

Wed July 17, 2013 8:34 pm

I enjoyed the third Jones Beach show from 2000 (8/25)

Wed July 17, 2013 9:01 pm

9/5/00 - Pittsburgh

Sat July 20, 2013 1:40 pm

Kevin Davis wrote:This is one of those songs that Matt just doesn't play as well as Jack, but I love the Boston 8/30/00 version. Mike and Stone do a guitar harmony at the end that feels a lot sharper than usual, and it adds this kind of melancholy effect that I don't remember from other versions. It's my go-to version.

Listening to this now. Great. Thanks.

Sat July 20, 2013 1:44 pm

super nintendo chalmers wrote:Augusta, Maine 96

Love this too. That's gotta be Jack, right?

Sat July 27, 2013 4:48 am

yofismom wrote:

Yep. I just love what mike plays in the coda. Interesting boot too, the only time they played Maine.

Sat July 27, 2013 6:32 pm

super nintendo chalmers wrote:
yofismom wrote:

Yep. I just love what mike plays in the coda. Interesting boot too, the only time they played Maine.

Great show. That and 8/30/2000 are the only times I've seen them, and I got a great IMT both times.

Thu August 01, 2013 2:09 pm

Am I the only one that loves the 2003 version of that song?
Post a reply