The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ways PJ Can Improve Live Shows
PostPosted: Sat October 13, 2018 11:06 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Interesting... I haven't probably seen as many acts live as many of you, but I don't think I can think of a band/artist I've seen live that is better than Pearl Jam.

PostPosted: Sat October 13, 2018 11:26 pm 
The Master

pretty sure there was a Top Five Shows topic

PostPosted: Sun October 14, 2018 12:00 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

durdencommatyler wrote:
Interesting... I haven't probably seen as many acts live as many of you, but I don't think I can think of a band/artist I've seen live that is better than Pearl Jam.

Sigur Ros
John Prine
Judas Priest (serious post btw)
Metallica (pre-96ish)
Neko Case

Just off the top of my head. I love Pearl Jam live, and maybe I am jaded because I've seen them a lot.

PostPosted: Sun October 14, 2018 12:29 am 
The Master

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Sigur Ros
John Prine
Metallica (pre-96ish)
Neko Case

Just off the top of my head. I love Pearl Jam live, and maybe I am jaded because I've seen them a lot.

You are.

C'mon.

I've seen tons of shows too and there are some i hold dear in my heart that have absolutely changed my life....

but also there are a good chunk of pj shows from 98-2006 that are absolutely untouchable.

PostPosted: Sun October 14, 2018 2:01 am 
Looks Like a Cat

The two shows I saw in 2006 were amazing, definitely among the best live music experiences I've had.

PostPosted: Sun October 14, 2018 2:05 am 
The Master

Birds in Hell wrote:
The two shows I saw in 2006 were amazing, definitely among the best live music experiences I've had.

When was the first time you saw them, spen?

PostPosted: Sun October 14, 2018 2:11 am 
Looks Like a Cat

Strat wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:

When was the first time you saw them, spen?

March 1998 - Jack on drums.

Quote:
03/07/98 – Thebarton Oval: Adelaide, Australia

set: MFC, Brain of J, Hail Hail, Animal, Do the Evolution, Dissident, Jeremy, Corduroy, Wishlist, Lukin, I Got Shit, Even Flow, Daughter/(Hunger Strike), Given to Fly, (Improv)/Habit, Elderly Woman, Nothingman, State of Love and Trust, Alive

enc 1: Go, Once, Better Man/(Save it for Later), Last Exit

enc 2: Yellow Ledbetter

PostPosted: Sun October 14, 2018 2:14 am 
The Master

Play slower, play tighter, don’t play any songs after Riot Act, no covers, max of ten “hits” per show. Easy peasy.

PostPosted: Sun October 14, 2018 2:20 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Play slower, play tighter, don’t play any songs after Riot Act, no covers, max of ten “hits” per show. Easy peasy.

Basically what they did this tour.
It was so fucking great.

PostPosted: Sun October 14, 2018 4:36 pm 
The Master

VinylGuy wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:

Basically what they did this tour.
It was so fucking great.

Other than the covers, yeah.

PostPosted: Mon October 15, 2018 3:43 am 
10Club Complaint Department

Shorter, tighter sets with the first encore being album specific ie Binaural mini set. And maximum 1 cover per show.

PostPosted: Mon October 15, 2018 3:47 am 
The Master

Opening set by Ariana Grande, and Pete Davidson plays the tambo on RITFW. That'll net them some new fans, and we'll all leave the shows feeling 15 years younger.

PostPosted: Thu October 18, 2018 2:38 pm 
A Return To Form
 WWW  Profile

No more than one soft/slow song should be played within the first four songs. If they start with Release or Long Road, fine. But then give me Animal or Hail Hail or whatever next. Enough of this Release into Low Light into Nothingman bullshit.

PostPosted: Thu October 18, 2018 6:51 pm 
Poster of the Year

this guy gets it

PostPosted: Thu October 18, 2018 7:59 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

I have a friend, a huge music lover in general who goes to a lot of shows. Favourite band is Metallica. We used to play in a band together. He saw PJ once before at Werchter 2010. I was there too and that was by far the worst PJ show I've seen. They just didn't seem like they wanted to play, only hang out backstage with Dave Grohl, Them Crooked Vultures, ... So his opinion on them was based on that show. So this year, I skipped Werchter, he went, his second show. Afterwards I looked at the setlist, saw a lot of Ten and thought it was a good idea to skip it. He sent me a message he absolutely adored the show and they've proved to him to be indeed one of the best live acts he's ever seen.

4 covers & 7 Ten songs on a 24 song setlist.

But yes, I'm pretty sure those 20 RM'ers there hated the abundance of Ten songs and would love them to completely change around their act.

PostPosted: Thu October 18, 2018 9:23 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Ledbetterman10 wrote:
No more than one soft/slow song should be played within the first four songs. If they start with Release or Long Road, fine. But then give me Animal or Hail Hail or whatever next. Enough of this Release into Low Light into Nothingman bullshit.

Yeah, I thought this was cool when they started this in 2013 but now I am pretty much over this. Takes too long for the show to get kicking, at least as a distant observer on bootlegs. The only show I went to where this actually happened was Brooklyn 2 in 2013. Since then I saw them at Global Citizens, which was a short set, and MSG 2 2016 which opened with Corduroy.

PostPosted: Thu October 18, 2018 9:26 pm 
AnalLog

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Sigur Ros
John Prine
Metallica (pre-96ish)
Neko Case

Get the f out of here with noise. John Prine and Neko Case over all the Pearl Jam shows you've seen?!?!

I've seen many "great" bands and the whole time thought, I wish they were as good live as Pearl Jam is.

PostPosted: Thu October 18, 2018 9:32 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Hatfield wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Sigur Ros
John Prine
Metallica (pre-96ish)
Neko Case

Get the f out of here with noise. John Prine and Neko Case over all the Pearl Jam shows you've seen?!?!

I've seen many "great" bands and the whole time thought, I wish they were as good live as Pearl Jam is.

Agreed. Granted some of the bands were after their prime, but I enjoyed my Pearl Jam shows more than post prime shows by The Who, Page & Plant, Bruce Springsteen, Neil Young & Crazy Horse, Clapton, etc. saw Tom Petty in what was likely the end of his live prime (2001). They were all GREAT shows, but I still prefer a Pearl Jam show at the end of the day.

PostPosted: Thu October 18, 2018 10:26 pm 
AnalLog

liebzz wrote:
Ledbetterman10 wrote:

Yeah, I thought this was cool when they started this in 2013 but now I am pretty much over this. Takes too long for the show to get kicking, at least as a distant observer on bootlegs. The only show I went to where this actually happened was Brooklyn 2 in 2013. Since then I saw them at Global Citizens, which was a short set, and MSG 2 2016 which opened with Corduroy.

It doesn't work. Save it for the first encore.

PostPosted: Fri October 19, 2018 12:04 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Angus wrote:
I have a friend, a huge music lover in general who goes to a lot of shows. Favourite band is Metallica. We used to play in a band together. He saw PJ once before at Werchter 2010. I was there too and that was by far the worst PJ show I've seen. They just didn't seem like they wanted to play, only hang out backstage with Dave Grohl, Them Crooked Vultures, ... So his opinion on them was based on that show. So this year, I skipped Werchter, he went, his second show. Afterwards I looked at the setlist, saw a lot of Ten and thought it was a good idea to skip it. He sent me a message he absolutely adored the show and they've proved to him to be indeed one of the best live acts he's ever seen.

4 covers & 7 Ten songs on a 24 song setlist.

But yes, I'm pretty sure those 20 RM'ers there hated the abundance of Ten songs and would love them to completely change around their act.

you showed us

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live