The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Ways PJ Can Improve Live Shows
PostPosted: Fri October 19, 2018 12:59 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 11859
I’d much rather hear songs from Ten than dreary classic rock covers.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ways PJ Can Improve Live Shows
PostPosted: Fri October 19, 2018 1:00 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Sun September 15, 2013 5:50 am
Posts: 9708
#metoo

_________________
Pollster Rights for All


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ways PJ Can Improve Live Shows
PostPosted: Fri October 19, 2018 7:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Mon July 08, 2013 11:12 pm
Posts: 2644
Covers are only cool if its new songs, nobody wants to hear Eddie sing the Who for the 500th time


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ways PJ Can Improve Live Shows
PostPosted: Fri October 19, 2018 9:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 11859
New covers are usually a waste of time, they don't do anything interesting with them.

I'd be happy if they never played any covers other than Baba O'Riley, RITFW and Fuckin' Up, at least there's a sense of tradition and continuity associated with them.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ways PJ Can Improve Live Shows
PostPosted: Fri October 19, 2018 9:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 51819
Location: Sector 7-G
They should cover Taylor Swift's State of Grace.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ways PJ Can Improve Live Shows
PostPosted: Fri October 19, 2018 9:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 11859
cutuphalfdead wrote:
They should cover Taylor Swift's State of Grace.

They should bring back the variety in Daughter tags, like 1998 (Madonna's Ray of Light, etc.)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ways PJ Can Improve Live Shows
PostPosted: Fri October 19, 2018 9:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Mon July 08, 2013 11:12 pm
Posts: 2644
Birds in Hell wrote:
New covers are usually a waste of time, they don't do anything interesting with them.

I'd be happy if they never played any covers other than Baba O'Riley, RITFW and Fuckin' Up, at least there's a sense of tradition and continuity associated with them.


Replace RITFW with Masters of War and I'm ok


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ways PJ Can Improve Live Shows
PostPosted: Fri October 19, 2018 9:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 51819
Location: Sector 7-G
Birds in Hell wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
They should cover Taylor Swift's State of Grace.

They should bring back the variety in Daughter tags, like 1998 (Madonna's Ray of Light, etc.)

And I fuh-heel, like I ju-hust guh-hot home.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ways PJ Can Improve Live Shows
PostPosted: Fri October 19, 2018 9:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 11859
mikejasond wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
New covers are usually a waste of time, they don't do anything interesting with them.

I'd be happy if they never played any covers other than Baba O'Riley, RITFW and Fuckin' Up, at least there's a sense of tradition and continuity associated with them.


Replace RITFW with Masters of War and I'm ok

They first played Masters of War in 1992 (kind of), so I'll allow it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ways PJ Can Improve Live Shows
PostPosted: Sat October 20, 2018 5:17 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 7:12 am
Posts: 1455
Location: The Jungle
Its definitely not a problem of too many covers, its a problem of too many covers of songs we either don't like (Arms Aloft, Public Image) or covers of songs that just don't seem to work (Rain from the Beatles, or either of the Floyd covers. Those were both cool the first time or two but now they just kinda suck 6+ mins out of the set list)

Hey Baby from Hendrix should get in the mix as a double tribute to Jimi and CCornell. OR just about any other Hendrix song, Little Wing is great, but Jimi has SO MANY OTHER SONGS.

As for the setlists, i think they actually mix it up TOO much. So many of the shows just have no flow. I would work themes into the shows more... do a run of songs that go together. Like, Force of Nature / Lightning Bolt / Of the Earth. Or Breakerfall / Save You / Life Wasted.

Ditch the forced audience call / responce. Leave that up to the Foo Fighters

Experiment with songs more. RVM, and Porch are the only songs that really get extended, but even their jams are starting to feel old. Save You has a perfect spot for a bass solo, or try out some different arrangements like the Bridge School Corduroy or the Alt Jeremy.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Ways PJ Can Improve Live Shows
PostPosted: Sat October 20, 2018 5:38 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 11859
MadTIGERmaN wrote:
Hey Baby from Hendrix should get in the mix as a double tribute to Jimi and CCornell.

MadTIGERmaN wrote:
As for the setlists, i think they actually mix it up TOO much. So many of the shows just have no flow.

MadTIGERmaN wrote:
Ditch the forced audience call / responce. Leave that up to the Foo Fighters

MadTIGERmaN wrote:
Experiment with songs more. RVM, and Porch are the only songs that really get extended, but even their jams are starting to feel old. Save You has a perfect spot for a bass solo, or try out some different arrangements like the Bridge School Corduroy or the Alt Jeremy.

I strongly agree with all of this, but:

MadTIGERmaN wrote:
Its definitely not a problem of too many covers, its a problem of too many covers of songs we either don't like (Arms Aloft, Public Image) or covers of songs that just don't seem to work (Rain from the Beatles, or either of the Floyd covers.

I really do think they play too many covers. 7-8 per show is just too many, no matter what they are.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Wed November 14, 2018 1:38 pm