Switch to full style
Discuss your favorite shows, tours, concert posters...
Post a reply

Re: Curating the Vault

Mon August 20, 2018 6:28 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:Who You Are > You Are > You

That would actually flow nicely!

They did this in 2008, right?

nvm, it was You Are > U > Who You Are.

carry on.
Last edited by dad on Mon August 20, 2018 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon August 20, 2018 6:29 pm

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mon August 20, 2018 7:20 pm

There wouldn't be much to curate. There are very few complete recordings.

Mon August 20, 2018 7:29 pm

CopperTom wrote:There wouldn't be much to curate. There are very few complete recordings.

Except for the '04 shows. I think they have those. Just might not want to release them given the bipartisan kick they have been as of late.
Last edited by Monkey_Driven on Mon August 20, 2018 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon August 20, 2018 7:39 pm

CopperTom wrote:There wouldn't be much to curate. There are very few complete recordings.

I'm sure this can be said for anything pre-1998, before they started taking official bootlegs into consideration. I know there's a cut in the Constitution Hall show from '98, but I'll be there are several from that tour that are complete, and they're just sitting on them.

Mon August 20, 2018 11:23 pm

If there are so few complete shows from pre-2000 I'd be more than happy with compilations from the available recordings, e.g. best of '94, Aus/Pacific 95 tour, Europe '96

These sit far better with me than a 95% complete show for some reason.

Tue August 21, 2018 12:22 am

I agree with well-curated anthologies over mistake-laden full shows, and better packaging. See the Grateful Dead's "Ladies and Gentlemen..." and "Steppin' Out" for a model.

Tue August 21, 2018 12:56 am

rimb wrote:If there are so few complete shows from pre-2000 I'd be more than happy with compilations from the available recordings, e.g. best of '94, Aus/Pacific 95 tour, Europe '96

These sit far better with me than a 95% complete show for some reason.

yes, the best of asia 95 is a must. Coming with cool pics, essays, maybe the dvd of the movie, etc...the same with shows like seattle 98, PJ20, House of blues 05, Buenos Aires 05, The Gorge 06, etc...

Tue August 21, 2018 1:32 pm

I love how Pearl Jam have convinced their fanbase that a concert being 2% incomplete is an actual problem.

We can't have a discussion without that stupid, irrelevant talking point/excuse coming up again and again.

There are any number of simple ways to circumvent this problem, and it shouldn't even be an issue.

Tue August 21, 2018 4:11 pm

If I were the curator...

I would try to get at least 2 out per year, focusing one of the releases on the classic pre-2000 shows that most fans have tended to flock to as the classics: Atlanta ‘94, San Francisco ‘93, MSG ‘98, Red Rocks ‘95, etc. - and the other half on shows the band particularly enjoyed - assuming I had the access to those thoughts and opinions.

Thu August 23, 2018 1:30 am

MikeyIsGod wrote:as long as they get more pre-2000 stuff. i really wish i could have heard more from 96

Yes, this x100. Live No Code has always been criminally underrated by the band.

Just to remind everyone how good PJ used to be, I would release any and everything I had access to with either Dave A. or Jack Irons on drums.

Sat August 25, 2018 1:01 am

they did do go>why go>getaway at one of the 2014 shows i saw.

Sat August 25, 2018 1:06 am

PJ vault curator doesn't have time for this nonsense. They are working hard around the clock to delete any references to beth, ensuring that the table in not for you seats more than 2, and to overdub Dave A's drumming with Matt Cameron

it will be long, tedious work, but it will be worth it in the end

Sat August 25, 2018 1:17 am

Is it some kind of royalties thing they’re trying to avoid paying?

Tue September 25, 2018 3:16 am

EJ wrote:Is it some kind of royalties thing they’re trying to avoid paying?

could very well be, except for jack irons but dave A made such a fuss over the HoF it may be possible.

Wed September 26, 2018 10:54 am

armogi wrote:
EJ wrote:Is it some kind of royalties thing they’re trying to avoid paying?

could very well be, except for jack irons but dave A made such a fuss over the HoF it may be possible.

If it was that, they wouldn’t have gone thru the process of doing the deluxe versions of Vs and Vitalogy. At this point, the only royalties they would be keeping from Dave A would be performer royalties. He already gets songwriter royalties every time any of those songs are released anyway ( except on Better Man, Nothingman and Satan’s Bed).

Wed September 26, 2018 12:42 pm

why wouldn't he get royalties on nothingman?

Wed September 26, 2018 12:54 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:why wouldn't he get royalties on nothingman?

Is it not just credited to Ed and Jeff?
Post a reply