The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: What Are YOUR Top 5 Shows???
PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 6:21 pm 
Offline
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 2:19 am
Posts: 896
Location: Portland, OR
numbers wrote:
BootsToAsses wrote:
They had Jack f'n Irons on drums again and they still played the reworked In My Tree :haha:


My favorite thing about that show is on one of the audience recordings out there, when Jack comes out you can hear one of the guys in the crowd jacking his buddy up about how Jack is going to kick ass on In My Tree and then they do the re-worked version and the friend is like "um, ok."



Another weird piece of trivia from this show: I Believe in Miracles was played twice. Also Reach Down from that night is in contention for the best long jam they've ever played.

_________________
Let's say knowledge is a tree


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What Are YOUR Top 5 Shows???
PostPosted: Tue August 21, 2018 6:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Banned from the Pit
 Profile

Joined: Sat July 13, 2013 4:13 am
Posts: 24
Location: Los Angeles
Iholdthepain wrote:
swan wrote:
MikeyIsGod wrote:
Iholdthepain wrote:
1993 Dallas
1996 Lisbon (Night 2)
2000 Katowice (Night 2)
2003 Santa Barbara
2016 Telluride


do you mean Mountain View 2003? they didn't play Santa Barbara in 2003.


Yes they did. One of the most unique & awesome shows ever. The original TOTD reunion. Not to mention Jack f’ing Irons..

(Yes I was there)

yeah, check it out:

http://www.twofeetthick.com/2003/11/05/santa-barbara-2003-review/


i'm an idiot. i already have this show - yes it is awesome.

_________________
98 Hartford, 03 West Palm Beach, 03 NYC 1, 03 NYC 2, 03 Holmdel, 04 Reading, 05 Philadelphia, 06 San Diego, 06 LA 1, 06 LA 2, 09 LA 1, 09 LA 2, 09 LA 3, 09 LA 4, 13 LA 1, 13 LA 2, 16 Boston 1, 16 Boston 2, 18 Seattle 1, 18 Seattle 2


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What Are YOUR Top 5 Shows???
PostPosted: Tue September 11, 2018 5:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Fri January 04, 2013 8:54 pm
Posts: 661
1. 9/5/00 - Pittsburgh (my first 30 song show. Started with Even Flow and didn't let up.)
2. 4/19/03 - Atlanta (wish I was in Nashville 2 nights later, but a great show. April 2003 is where it's at)
3. 7/18/06 - SF (the tightness of 2000, with the freedom of 2003 all mashed together. Jeff, Matt and Stone were so locked in.)
4. 9/13/05 - Hamilton, ON (arguably the best of the 4 Canada shows I saw.)
5. 7/22 and 7/23/06 (best back to back shows. It had everything I wanted: Won't Back Down, It's Okay, Dirty Frank, etc)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What Are YOUR Top 5 Shows???
PostPosted: Tue September 11, 2018 6:17 pm 
Online
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 15015
Location: Mizzou
Hatfield wrote:
1. 9/5/00 - Pittsburgh (my first 30 song show. Started with Even Flow and didn't let up.)
2. 4/19/03 - Atlanta (wish I was in Nashville 2 nights later, but a great show. April 2003 is where it's at)
3. 7/18/06 - SF (the tightness of 2000, with the freedom of 2003 all mashed together. Jeff, Matt and Stone were so locked in.)
4. 9/13/05 - Hamilton, ON (arguably the best of the 4 Canada shows I saw.)
5. 7/22 and 7/23/06 (best back to back shows. It had everything I wanted: Won't Back Down, It's Okay, Dirty Frank, etc)


I love that Hamilton boot.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What Are YOUR Top 5 Shows???
PostPosted: Tue September 11, 2018 9:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:38 pm
Posts: 11816
That San Francisco show is incredible.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What Are YOUR Top 5 Shows???
PostPosted: Wed September 12, 2018 3:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Fri January 04, 2013 8:54 pm
Posts: 661
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Hatfield wrote:
1. 9/5/00 - Pittsburgh (my first 30 song show. Started with Even Flow and didn't let up.)
2. 4/19/03 - Atlanta (wish I was in Nashville 2 nights later, but a great show. April 2003 is where it's at)
3. 7/18/06 - SF (the tightness of 2000, with the freedom of 2003 all mashed together. Jeff, Matt and Stone were so locked in.)
4. 9/13/05 - Hamilton, ON (arguably the best of the 4 Canada shows I saw.)
5. 7/22 and 7/23/06 (best back to back shows. It had everything I wanted: Won't Back Down, It's Okay, Dirty Frank, etc)


I love that Hamilton boot.


6th show in 7 days, started with Porch to get their own energy going and played a perfect set. At the end of the show, Ed came out to the front of the stage and asked the first few rows, "was that okay for you?". Most had been the same people for the last 3 nights. Even Flow lyric: "faces in the crowd are starting to look too familiar". Great show!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What Are YOUR Top 5 Shows???
PostPosted: Wed September 12, 2018 4:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 7:18 pm
Posts: 480
Location: Alone in a corridor
Hatfield wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Hatfield wrote:
1. 9/5/00 - Pittsburgh (my first 30 song show. Started with Even Flow and didn't let up.)
2. 4/19/03 - Atlanta (wish I was in Nashville 2 nights later, but a great show. April 2003 is where it's at)
3. 7/18/06 - SF (the tightness of 2000, with the freedom of 2003 all mashed together. Jeff, Matt and Stone were so locked in.)
4. 9/13/05 - Hamilton, ON (arguably the best of the 4 Canada shows I saw.)
5. 7/22 and 7/23/06 (best back to back shows. It had everything I wanted: Won't Back Down, It's Okay, Dirty Frank, etc)


I love that Hamilton boot.


6th show in 7 days, started with Porch to get their own energy going and played a perfect set. At the end of the show, Ed came out to the front of the stage and asked the first few rows, "was that okay for you?". Most had been the same people for the last 3 nights. Even Flow lyric: "faces in the crowd are starting to look too familiar". Great show!


Loved the show as well. Felt indeed as a 3-night stand due to Kitchener-London-Hamilton being so close with so many of the same people. Probably my personal favourite setlist as well of the shows I've seen, so many of my favourite songs.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What Are YOUR Top 5 Shows???
PostPosted: Wed September 12, 2018 7:12 pm 
Online
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 15015
Location: Mizzou
Another thing about the Hamilton boot. Ed plays around with the ending of Indifference in a style very reminiscent of Cold Confession. Really cool to hear what he was thinking at the time as they were writing/rehearsing/recording S/T.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Fri October 19, 2018 2:47 am