The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post subject: Re: 2018-06-13: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
PostPosted: Thu June 14, 2018 12:16 pm 
The Master

congrats Anders! i think these set lists are pretty solid so far.

PostPosted: Thu June 14, 2018 12:48 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

tragabigzanda wrote:
congrats Anders! i think these set lists are pretty solid so far.

*Angus

PostPosted: Thu June 14, 2018 1:56 pm 
The Master

I bet seeing a show in Europe is measurably more enjoyable than seeing one stateside.

PostPosted: Thu June 14, 2018 3:34 pm 
mXn

I agree 2000% that any setlist which looks “bland” on paper is/was immeasurably better in person.

I always review setlists after shows I attend but I never pay attention whether it’s a “good one” in the moment. If I hear a rarity or a white whale or a favorite, sure, I get a little more excited. And if they play Last Kiss, I know I can run out for a piss break. Otherwise enjoy the show.

PostPosted: Thu June 14, 2018 3:59 pm 
The Master

Bammer wrote:
I agree 2000% that any setlist which looks “bland” on paper is/was immeasurably better in person.

I always review setlists after shows I attend but I never pay attention whether it’s a “good one” in the moment. If I hear a rarity or a white whale or a favorite, sure, I get a little more excited. And if they play Last Kiss, I know I can run out for a piss break. Otherwise enjoy the show.

I made the mistake of reading the comments on the Instagram pic of the setlist. My god, what a spoiled fanbase.

PostPosted: Thu June 14, 2018 4:57 pm 
Rank This Poster

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Bammer wrote:

I made the mistake of reading the comments on the Instagram pic of the setlist. My god, what a spoiled fanbase.

We are. I don’t think there’s a bland set list for me -just set lists I don’t like. I have a list of PJ songs I just hate, and many are songs the hardcore fans would get excited for - half full, down, severed hand, etc. Then there are songs that are frequently in the sets that I don’t like - lightning bolt, just breathe, sirens, etc. I still think Ten songs are great, but 7 songs from it is too many. Then add a load of covers and I might only enjoy 7 or 8 songs.

PostPosted: Fri June 15, 2018 6:44 am 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

I even enjoyed Severed Hand, Can't Deny Me, Lightning Bolt. That's songs I would listen to at home & complain & ask myself what the hell happened to this band. And I would probably still do. But being there live, looking forward to these gigs, waiting all day in Ten Club line, having a beer here & there, talking with random strangers from all over the world, it adds to the entire experience.

Anyway, I got my share again. Now it's time to look at the other setlists and complain how boring they look. And how this band has lost it. And start saving up for the next Euro tour.

PostPosted: Fri June 15, 2018 2:07 pm 
The Master

Angus wrote:
I even enjoyed Severed Hand, Can't Deny Me, Lightning Bolt. That's songs I would listen to at home & complain & ask myself what the hell happened to this band. And I would probably still do. But being there live, looking forward to these gigs, waiting all day in Ten Club line, having a beer here & there, talking with random strangers from all over the world, it adds to the entire experience.

Anyway, I got my share again. Now it's time to look at the other setlists and complain how boring they look. And how this band has lost it. And start saving up for the next Euro tour.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Glad you had a good time. Did the band seem to be having fun?

PostPosted: Fri June 15, 2018 4:13 pm 
The Master

Angus wrote:

:luv:

PostPosted: Fri June 15, 2018 4:20 pm 
The Master

I'll never understand the dislike for Severed Hand, that song rules

PostPosted: Fri June 15, 2018 4:22 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

tragabigzanda wrote:

PostPosted: Fri June 15, 2018 4:35 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Angus wrote:

/RM

PostPosted: Fri June 15, 2018 5:44 pm 
Champion of RM

Simple Torture wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

It's easily my favorite post Riot Act song.

PostPosted: Fri June 15, 2018 6:17 pm 
Rank This Poster

Angus wrote:

This is the most important aspect, I think. I’m looking forward to the Barcelona show, but it’s just one small part of the overall experience. I can still hope they don’t play Down, though.

PostPosted: Sat June 16, 2018 7:02 am 

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Angus wrote:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Glad you had a good time. Did the band seem to be having fun?

Yes they did. Although we do wonder if Stone is still happy playing gigs. But well, that's just Stone. He looks focussed.

daft twat wrote:
Angus wrote:

This is the most important aspect, I think. I’m looking forward to the Barcelona show, but it’s just one small part of the overall experience. I can still hope they don’t play Down, though.

We got it at Amsterdam, so I don't think you should be too afraid. :)

About that Down: have you read the story how Down was dedicated to a guy from Ireland? He posted a request on the Pit a few months ago for this song to be played at that show, how this song helped him through a dark period between the loss of his father & the birth of his son. Then suddenly he hears it played dedicated to him. Guy couldn't believe it. Surely also one of the lamest things Ed has ever done.

PostPosted: Sat June 16, 2018 7:14 am 

And one last thing, a couple of the band had some kind of Soundgarden / Cornell ref on their T-shirt

Mike: Ultramega OK
Eddie: Nude dragons
Matt: the Starbucks / Cornell mermaid (which also appeared on the screen)

PostPosted: Fri July 27, 2018 5:44 pm 
Future Drummer

Heard this on the radio a couple days ago. Pretty good show I especially liked Glorified G after his gun control speech - he gave it some extra oomph. But man was he in Trump hating mode that night <_<. "Don't see DONALD TRUMP!!! as half emptyyyyyy" :roll:

But it was kind of funny. So whatever.

Also dare I say, Cant Deny Me is actually really cool live???

I heard it and was like huh this song is actually pretty good. Then I heard the studio version again and it's gross.

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live