Switch to full style
Discuss your favorite shows, tours, concert posters...
Post a reply

Re: Benaroya Hall

Thu April 18, 2013 4:59 pm

I like the performances, but I really hate the sound of both Stone's guitar and Matt's drums. I don't know if that's a problem with the setup or how they were recorded.

Thu April 18, 2013 5:03 pm

Another minor detriment to this record: the audience. Goddammit.

Thu April 18, 2013 5:04 pm

WtOB? wrote:It's a fucking great show. I pop it on often.

Best fucking Low Light.

Best fucking All Or None (omg Mike):

You forgot best immortality

Thu April 18, 2013 5:07 pm

theplatypus wrote:Another minor detriment to this record: the audience. Goddammit.

I agree, one or two morons really manage to fuck it up with their shouting over everyone else. Don't be that guy, guys.

Thu April 18, 2013 6:47 pm

TheDapperGent wrote:
theplatypus wrote:Another minor detriment to this record: the audience. Goddammit.

I agree, one or two morons really manage to fuck it up with their shouting over everyone else. Don't be that guy, guys.

This!

I mean, I'm not for high tea or anything at concerts, but that annoys me to no end. The best possible outcome is going home to your friends and say "Hey, Eddie Vedder cursed me out, so awesome!"

Fri April 19, 2013 1:27 am

Personally I think the BEST Immortality is Nagoya 03 due to its amazing improv intro. I think to truely be the best Immmortality, it has to be electric. But this is still a damn fine Immort that's for sure.

Fri April 19, 2013 3:35 pm

WtOB? wrote:Personally I think the BEST Immortality is Nagoya 03 due to its amazing improv intro. I think to truely be the best Immmortality, it has to be electric. But this is still a damn fine Immort that's for sure.

That is a superb version, but Mikes acoustic solo on Benaroya is incredible

Fri May 03, 2013 2:46 am

NIRVANA COVER SONG

Fri May 03, 2013 3:41 pm

I agree with most of the comments. My only problem with it is the flow of the setlist. Masters of War is almost unlistenable due to the monitors failing or something - I have no idea why Mike and Stone would be so out of sync. Love the NAIS solo.

Fri May 03, 2013 3:47 pm

The only "Masters of War"s I've liked since the 1992 Dylan tribute have been the 2006 big rock versions. Eddie's voice really hasn't been up to those big notes for many years--the full band arrangement helped compensate for some of that missing power.

Sat May 04, 2013 12:59 am

Kevin Davis wrote:The only "Masters of War"s I've liked since the 1992 Dylan tribute have been the 2006 big rock versions. Eddie's voice really hasn't been up to those big notes for many years--the full band arrangement helped compensate for some of that missing power.

Are you kidding ?? This one is superb:

Sat May 04, 2013 1:30 am

Kevin Davis wrote:The only "Masters of War"s I've liked since the 1992 Dylan tribute have been the 2006 big rock versions. Eddie's voice really hasn't been up to those big notes for many years--the full band arrangement helped compensate for some of that missing power.

Side bar: I listened to the Benaroya version of MoW while I was running in a park some years ago. As the song played I watched an ROTC procession/parade. Horses, flags and all. It was a powerful accidental moment.

Mon May 06, 2013 3:36 am

durdencommatyler wrote:

Side bar: I listened to the Benaroya version of MoW while I was running in a park some years ago. As the song played I watched an ROTC procession/parade. Horses, flags and all. It was a powerful accidental moment.

Speaking of, from pearljam.com:
LAST PLAYED: Sun 19 November, 2006 - Newcastle Entertainment Centre Newcastle, Australia

Is this song no longer socially relevant?

Mon May 06, 2013 3:43 am

littlecomment wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

LAST PLAYED: Sun 19 November, 2006 - Newcastle Entertainment Centre Newcastle, Australia

"No because Obama." - Eddie Vedder.

Mon May 06, 2013 4:00 am

WtOB? wrote:
littlecomment wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Exactly. Wildly expanding drone wars, collateral damage and increasing military budgets apparently no longer apply. Too bad independent, Pro-Nader Eddie did not stick to his guns.

Mon May 06, 2013 4:02 am

littlecomment wrote:
WtOB? wrote:
littlecomment wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Exactly. Wildly expanding drone wars, collateral damage and increasing military budgets apparently no longer apply. Too bad independent, Pro-Nader Eddie did not stick to his guns.

Eddie lost all his guns a fair few years ago now.

Mon May 06, 2013 4:10 am

WtOB? wrote:
littlecomment wrote:
WtOB? wrote:
littlecomment wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Eddie lost all his guns a fair few years ago now.

New album would be the last chance for redemption. On Binaural he was still willing to go against the grain after years of being let down by his "side" of the aisle.

Mon May 06, 2013 4:20 am

WtOB? wrote:

Are you kidding ?? This one is superb:

I had never heard that one. It's okay, it's not a song I'm crazy about in general so it takes a lot to sell me on it.

Sat May 11, 2013 6:07 am

Sat May 11, 2013 1:35 pm

:thumbsup:

Nice stuff.
Post a reply