The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2018-09-04: Boston, Massachusetts
PostPosted: Thu September 06, 2018 6:09 pm 
Champion of RM

Soundcheck: Swallowed Whole, I Got Shit, Sometimes, Amongst the Waves, Army Reserve, I am a Patriot! Taillights Fade - (Buffalo Tom cover), Thumbing My Way, I Won’t Back Down (Petty)

I'm kinda bummed I missed out on Swallowed Whole. It never got much play and will get even less after the next album is released. It's one of only 3 studio album songs I haven't heard and it's the one I have the least faith in getting to hear someday.

PostPosted: Thu September 06, 2018 6:10 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

When I flew home yesterday, there was a guy on my plane with 6 fucking poster tubes in the overhead bin - stacked up like a pyramid. Meanwhile, nary a poster was available at any merch place inside/outside the park....because of that guy, the guy on the plane.

Also - to the asshole who insisted on standing in the aisle whose seats were definitely not in my row or the row in front of mine (presumably a screen capture txted from the real seat holder) - don't do that again.

Otherwise - thoroughly enjoyed both shows as always. Arms Aloft was a crowd buzz kill - good energy up till that point.

I need to bring my 6 year old daughter to the show with a sign that says my first show while holding my daugther on my shoulders, it is my only way of insuring I'll get a tambourine and/or baseball tossed out by Eddie.

Re: Fantasy draft - I'll admit, I checked my live draft during betterman - but couldn't connect fully so I gave up.

See everyone in 2 years.

PostPosted: Thu September 06, 2018 6:21 pm 
The Master

They really need to limit the number of posters someone can purchase.

PostPosted: Thu September 06, 2018 6:22 pm 
Champion of RM

Monkey_Driven wrote:
They really need to limit the number of posters someone can purchase.

Some people only put 1 poster in a tube. Other nuts may have waited in line every day.

PostPosted: Thu September 06, 2018 6:27 pm 
The Master

They really need to stop playing arms aloft. It really does suck the energy out.

PostPosted: Thu September 06, 2018 6:28 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

jamfan14 wrote:
When I flew home yesterday, there was a guy on my plane with 6 fucking poster tubes in the overhead bin - stacked up like a pyramid. Meanwhile, nary a poster was available at any merch place inside/outside the park....because of that guy, the guy on the plane.

Also - to the asshole who insisted on standing in the aisle whose seats were definitely not in my row or the row in front of mine (presumably a screen capture txted from the real seat holder) - don't do that again.

Otherwise - thoroughly enjoyed both shows as always. Arms Aloft was a crowd buzz kill - good energy up till that point.

I need to bring my 6 year old daughter to the show with a sign that says my first show while holding my daugther on my shoulders, it is my only way of insuring I'll get a tambourine and/or baseball tossed out by Eddie.

Re: Fantasy draft - I'll admit, I checked my live draft during betterman - but couldn't connect fully so I gave up.

See everyone in 2 years.

PostPosted: Thu September 06, 2018 6:37 pm 
Poster of the Year

Bi_3 wrote:
jamfan14 wrote:

See everyone in 2 years.

PostPosted: Thu September 06, 2018 6:39 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

cutuphalfdead wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
jamfan14 wrote:

See everyone in 2 years.

:nice:

PostPosted: Thu September 06, 2018 6:43 pm 
Yeah Yeah Yeah

completely concur - wasted far too many hours in searing heat/humidity rather than enjoy a city I don't live in and am visiting. I got a pennant this time. Its not as cool as a poster, but I had more fun than sitting in a line for a few hours.

PostPosted: Thu September 06, 2018 8:15 pm 
AnalLog

CopperTom wrote:
Soundcheck: Swallowed Whole, I Got Shit, Sometimes, Amongst the Waves, Army Reserve, I am a Patriot! Taillights Fade - (Buffalo Tom cover), Thumbing My Way, I Won’t Back Down (Petty)

I'm kinda bummed I missed out on Swallowed Whole. It never got much play and will get even less after the next album is released. It's one of only 3 studio album songs I haven't heard and it's the one I have the least faith in getting to hear someday.

Agreed, I was hopeful it would get played night 1...much rather would've heard that than Amongst the Waves or Got Some...actually, Swallowed Whole and I Got Shit in place of those two would've been :nice: :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu September 06, 2018 8:30 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

cutuphalfdead wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
jamfan14 wrote:

See everyone in 2 years.

Gotta plead pop culture ignorance here... i dont get it.

PostPosted: Thu September 06, 2018 8:38 pm 
The Master

Bi_3 wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
jamfan14 wrote:

See everyone in 2 years.

War Games I believe.

PostPosted: Thu September 06, 2018 11:04 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

96583UP wrote:
I guess reading off the monitor is one way to avoid the standard lyric flub he seems to have with that song

the endless PJ Retrospective continues

why be something 'right now' when you can lean on what you used to be

Look, these are guys are far, far away from what they used to be. Ed is a shell of his former self in regards to singing. And I wouldn't call swapping lyrics on Immortality, something probably 0.000000001 percent of the crowd failed to understand what was happening, leaning on what you used to be.

PostPosted: Thu September 06, 2018 11:06 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
jamfan14 wrote:

See everyone in 2 years.

War Games I believe.

Spoiler: show
(I mean, you're half right)

PostPosted: Thu September 06, 2018 11:10 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Simple Torture wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
jamfan14 wrote:

See everyone in 2 years.

War Games I believe.

He's now in that new Jack Ryan series on Amazon Prime. He's the only good thing about it.

PostPosted: Thu September 06, 2018 11:10 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Coach wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
jamfan14 wrote:

See everyone in 2 years.

War Games I believe.

He's now in that new Jack Ryan series on Amazon Prime. He's the only good thing about it.

See also: Suits

PostPosted: Thu September 06, 2018 11:13 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Bammer wrote:
Coach wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
There was such a cool vibe for that song. When they played Arms Aloft, everyone was quiet and looked at their phones. As soon as people realized what was going on with Immortality, everyone was quiet and they just listened. You could hear every single note. Definitely the highlight of the show for me.

yeah, but my guess is that they were quiet because it's a slower tune. I think only a handful among us truly knew what was going on....which makes it kind of cool.

I can only imagine how fun it would have been to be in the vicinity of someone explaining to anyone within earshot what was going on.

The first thing that comes to mind is chud explaining the infield fly rule to no one in particular.

I didn't even try to explain it to my brother, who attended with me. He's a good fan, but wouldn't know what had happened.

Now, when I got home and explained it to my wife, I immediately felt shame and embarrassment. I don't think she understood, and politely smiled.

PostPosted: Thu September 06, 2018 11:15 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

numbers wrote:
Bammer wrote:
Coach wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
There was such a cool vibe for that song. When they played Arms Aloft, everyone was quiet and looked at their phones. As soon as people realized what was going on with Immortality, everyone was quiet and they just listened. You could hear every single note. Definitely the highlight of the show for me.

yeah, but my guess is that they were quiet because it's a slower tune. I think only a handful among us truly knew what was going on....which makes it kind of cool.

I can only imagine how fun it would have been to be in the vicinity of someone explaining to anyone within earshot what was going on.

The first thing that comes to mind is chud explaining the infield fly rule to no one in particular.

I couldn’t believe no one in my section knew what was going on.

I was in A5, very close to the stage, and I didn't notice anyone noticing it. But I didn't shout it out from the rooftops, because initially I wasn't 100 percent sure. There could be others like me....

PostPosted: Thu September 06, 2018 11:16 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Simple Torture wrote:
Coach wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
jamfan14 wrote:

See everyone in 2 years.

War Games I believe.

See also: Suits

Wow, no shit? Everyone tells me to watch that show.

PostPosted: Thu September 06, 2018 11:19 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Coach wrote:
numbers wrote:
Bammer wrote:
Coach wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

I couldn’t believe no one in my section knew what was going on.

I was in A5, very close to the stage, and I didn't notice anyone noticing it. But I didn't shout it out from the rooftops, because initially I wasn't 100 percent sure. There could be others like me....

I give everyone the benefit of the doubt--I didn't nudge anyone, either, just enjoyed it.

You know what else was a weird moment? When Ed talked during the intro to Wasted Reprise, the place got dead silent--like, pin-drop level. I feel like it was because he mentioned ALS and that is a trigger word for people to think, "Oh, this is serious."

Also lol at the people who take their hat off when Mike plays the anthem.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live