The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2018-09-04: Boston, Massachusetts
PostPosted: Wed September 05, 2018 4:14 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Bi_3 wrote:
Playing 1/2 Full and Red Mosquito at the same show would be weird.

Wat

PostPosted: Wed September 05, 2018 4:20 pm 
Future Drummer

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
Playing 1/2 Full and Red Mosquito at the same show would be weird.

Wat

They’re the same song

PostPosted: Wed September 05, 2018 4:21 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Nah, I think it would be fine. I got Low Light and Yellow Moon in the same show, and it was fine

PostPosted: Wed September 05, 2018 5:01 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Quick update: if you are a heterosexual male or lesbian, you should eat at Earls in the Prudential Center.

PostPosted: Wed September 05, 2018 6:45 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

PostPosted: Wed September 05, 2018 10:03 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I dig it.

PostPosted: Thu September 06, 2018 12:36 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Coach wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
Coach wrote:
I think they just played immortality w original lyrics

Wow call back to Boston 94

That just happened and it was glorious

I knew it. Wow that was Cool to see live

So I posted this last night, while I was about 11 rows back. It was by far one of the coolest PJ concert moments in recent memory. A nice surprise/Easter Egg sort of spotted right away, like, did I just hear that right? :P

PostPosted: Thu September 06, 2018 12:39 am 
I Have A Third Nipple

There was such a cool vibe for that song. When they played Arms Aloft, everyone was quiet and looked at their phones. As soon as people realized what was going on with Immortality, everyone was quiet and they just listened. You could hear every single note. Definitely the highlight of the show for me.

PostPosted: Thu September 06, 2018 12:43 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Simple Torture wrote:
There was such a cool vibe for that song. When they played Arms Aloft, everyone was quiet and looked at their phones. As soon as people realized what was going on with Immortality, everyone was quiet and they just listened. You could hear every single note. Definitely the highlight of the show for me.

yeah, but my guess is that they were quiet because it's a slower tune. I think only a handful among us truly knew what was going on....which makes it kind of cool.

PostPosted: Thu September 06, 2018 12:50 am 
Looks Like a Cat

Coach wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

yeah, but my guess is that they were quiet because it's a slower tune. I think only a handful among us truly knew what was going on....which makes it kind of cool.

I didn’t realize it had only been done in Boston prior to the lyric change until the encore break, but knew the words from the Orpheum boots waaaay back in the day. Great moment.

PostPosted: Thu September 06, 2018 1:12 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

I guess reading off the monitor is one way to avoid the standard lyric flub he seems to have with that song

the endless PJ Retrospective continues

why be something 'right now' when you can lean on what you used to be

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Thu September 06, 2018 2:39 am 
AnalLog

96583UP wrote:
I guess reading off the monitor is one way to avoid the standard lyric flub he seems to have with that song

the endless PJ Retrospective continues

why be something 'right now' when you can lean on what you used to be

but right now they're "Can't Deny Me"

hell, give me Immortality in any form over that shit

PostPosted: Thu September 06, 2018 12:55 pm 
mXn

Coach wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

I can only imagine how fun it would have been to be in the vicinity of someone explaining to anyone within earshot what was going on.

The first thing that comes to mind is chud explaining the infield fly rule to no one in particular.

PostPosted: Thu September 06, 2018 1:06 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Bammer wrote:
Coach wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

I can only imagine how fun it would have been to be in the vicinity of someone explaining to anyone within earshot what was going on.

The first thing that comes to mind is chud explaining the infield fly rule to no one in particular.

I couldn’t believe no one in my section knew what was going on.

PostPosted: Thu September 06, 2018 2:02 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

numbers wrote:
Bammer wrote:
Coach wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

Too busy updates their listings on eBay.

PostPosted: Thu September 06, 2018 2:05 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Bi_3 wrote:
numbers wrote:
Bammer wrote:
Coach wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

One guy next to me on Tuesday was doing a fantasy football draft for the entire main set.

PostPosted: Thu September 06, 2018 2:52 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

Simple Torture wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:
numbers wrote:
Bammer wrote:
Coach wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:

One guy next to me on Tuesday was doing a fantasy football draft for the entire main set.

Also, two guys standing right next to each other in front of me were streaming the show on FB live/Periscope. It was annoying as all hell.

PostPosted: Thu September 06, 2018 3:02 pm 
Future Drummer

I dunno why people are always like "THESE GUYS WERENT ROCKING OUT WHY DID THEY EVEN COME TO A ROCK CONCERT" as if people have to be die-hard Pearl Jam fans to go to a concert. Maybe they thought it'd be a fun night and maybe they just wanted to sit and relax while Pearl Jam played in the background. That's their right, just like people can go even if they only know Even Flow Alive and Jeremy. You see a lot of this on the PIt. WHY DID THEY EVEN COME

PostPosted: Thu September 06, 2018 4:39 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

mikejasond wrote:
I dunno why people are always like "THESE GUYS WERENT ROCKING OUT WHY DID THEY EVEN COME TO A ROCK CONCERT" as if people have to be die-hard Pearl Jam fans to go to a concert. Maybe they thought it'd be a fun night and maybe they just wanted to sit and relax while Pearl Jam played in the background. That's their right, just like people can go even if they only know Even Flow Alive and Jeremy. You see a lot of this on the PIt. WHY DID THEY EVEN COME

Some people stand still and listen, some dance and sing along--whatever, enjoy it however you'd like. When there are bright glowing screens between me and the stage, gtfo here with that shit.

PostPosted: Thu September 06, 2018 4:48 pm 
A Return To Form

mikejasond wrote:

At a show in Philadelphia in '16, an older dude(not like 45 is old, this cat was in his late 60s easy) next to us didn't move, make a noise, etc, the entire show. Baba is played and he starts ripping windmill air guitar. I sort of think that's the only song he came for.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 19  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live