The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 818 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 41  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2018-09-02: Boston, Massachusetts
PostPosted: Thu September 06, 2018 4:38 pm 
A Return To Form

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Mr.x wrote:
I'm just here to say that the last two shows I went to, I left at the start of the last song so I could beat traffic. And I had the next day off both times. 25 YO me would really make fun of the 37 YO me.

Carry on. Or don't. idc.

I mean, if they were the Boston shows, you missed YL and RitFW, not a big deal at all.

They weren't. But boy is this thread entertaining.

PostPosted: Fri September 07, 2018 1:43 am 
tl;dr

tragabigzanda wrote:
Strat wrote:
Kevin Davis wrote:
I'm with you, MJD -- as someone who won't spend a dime on merch or overpriced refreshments and who has zero interest in associating with the other PJ-swag-clad dopes in the venue, I find the delayed start times a nuisance. Just because your dumbass rock-n-roll ancestors didn't stick to a schedule doesn't mean that there's some noble tradition to be carried on by sitting on your ass getting drunk in a dressing room while 10,000+ people sit around waiting for you to give them what they paid for. Break the cycle, buy a watch, and quit wasting my fucking time -- I've got a long drive home.

When did you get so grouchy?

lol we established a couple weeks ago that KD turned into a grump when he hit 35.

This is a fair question from Strat and a fair response from Trag. I'm not sure if this was a legitimate observation/question, but I'll give a longer reply since that's kind of my thing.

RM hasn't been good for me for a while. I've been coming here a long time, I know a lot of the people here individually and would consider many of them friends, but the general vibe and tone of the forum as it currently exists, and has existed for a few years, is not a good fit for my sense of humor, my preferences for discourse, etc. And yet, opening this site has become such a part of my daily internet browsing routine -- which in itself is something that consumes far too much of my time -- that I can't quit it. I end up wasting copious amounts of time even when I have nothing of value to contribute, which comes at the expense of time with my family and hobbies, which I then feel guilty about, and which I then channel into posts that I intend as deliberately over-the-top rants against minor annoyances (see above) but end up coming across as overly serious and snotty -- a situation that's exacerbated by the fact that I'm one of the few posters that doesn't really participate in RM's comedy culture, so people are less likely to assume I meant something as a joke than they would be with other posters. I know this about myself, and I know this about the forum. Yet here I am.

Earlier this year I asked Stip to lock my account, which as a courtesy he did, and which he kindly signed off on with an open invitation to come back anytime I changed my mind. I managed to stay away for a 6-7 months, but I still checked the site, and eventually saw something I wanted to reply to (the new Kanye albums, I think), thinking I'd been away long enough to come back and observe some self-control.

Nope. Now I'm back to checking in off and on all day again, and the cycle is in full swing all over again. And, dumb as this is going to sound, I think the nu-metal and pop-punk tournaments are actually making it worse. It's been a long time since I've actively hated any music -- at a certain point, I became capable of approaching even the stuff I strongly disliked with an element of distance and measure -- but I hated this stuff when it was out, like it roused fiery hatred in me that I'm embarrassed to admit ever came about as the result of mere pop music, but there it was nonetheless. So I come on thinking I'm going to participate in a fun, fluffy internet activity, but it just ends up rousing all these dormant feelings of anger I had towards it in my early twenties. I should learn. But see above.

I don't mean to sound dramatic; I legitimately do struggle with what kind of role RM and the internet in general should play in my life, and I resent how much of a struggle it is for me on a daily basis. So take that for what it's worth. But I apologize if I've been curmudgeonly and unpleasant. No offense intended toward anyone.

PostPosted: Fri September 07, 2018 1:50 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Nah, strat was just being a dick

PostPosted: Fri September 07, 2018 1:51 am 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Also, while I enjoyed the nu metal tourney, this new one going on I can't even go into anymore. So much of that music annoys me, I barely go into that tourney now

PostPosted: Fri September 07, 2018 1:53 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

classic Parallax scenario

i would literally shit my pants if KD laid the GD smack down on me

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Fri September 07, 2018 1:54 am 
10Club Complaint Department

This godforsaken corner of the internet is always enriched by your presence KD, no matter the degree of grumpiness.

I enjoyed the nu-metal tournament way more than I ancitipated (music included!) but I also just can’t stomach the stuff in the pop-punk one.

PostPosted: Fri September 07, 2018 7:04 pm 
Production Police

Kevin Davis wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Strat wrote:
Kevin Davis wrote:
I'm with you, MJD -- as someone who won't spend a dime on merch or overpriced refreshments and who has zero interest in associating with the other PJ-swag-clad dopes in the venue, I find the delayed start times a nuisance. Just because your dumbass rock-n-roll ancestors didn't stick to a schedule doesn't mean that there's some noble tradition to be carried on by sitting on your ass getting drunk in a dressing room while 10,000+ people sit around waiting for you to give them what they paid for. Break the cycle, buy a watch, and quit wasting my fucking time -- I've got a long drive home.

lol we established a couple weeks ago that KD turned into a grump when he hit 35.

This is a fair question from Strat and a fair response from Trag. I'm not sure if this was a legitimate observation/question, but I'll give a longer reply since that's kind of my thing.

RM hasn't been good for me for a while. I've been coming here a long time, I know a lot of the people here individually and would consider many of them friends, but the general vibe and tone of the forum as it currently exists, and has existed for a few years, is not a good fit for my sense of humor, my preferences for discourse, etc. And yet, opening this site has become such a part of my daily internet browsing routine -- which in itself is something that consumes far too much of my time -- that I can't quit it. I end up wasting copious amounts of time even when I have nothing of value to contribute, which comes at the expense of time with my family and hobbies, which I then feel guilty about, and which I then channel into posts that I intend as deliberately over-the-top rants against minor annoyances (see above) but end up coming across as overly serious and snotty -- a situation that's exacerbated by the fact that I'm one of the few posters that doesn't really participate in RM's comedy culture, so people are less likely to assume I meant something as a joke than they would be with other posters. I know this about myself, and I know this about the forum. Yet here I am.

Earlier this year I asked Stip to lock my account, which as a courtesy he did, and which he kindly signed off on with an open invitation to come back anytime I changed my mind. I managed to stay away for a 6-7 months, but I still checked the site, and eventually saw something I wanted to reply to (the new Kanye albums, I think), thinking I'd been away long enough to come back and observe some self-control.

Nope. Now I'm back to checking in off and on all day again, and the cycle is in full swing all over again. And, dumb as this is going to sound, I think the nu-metal and pop-punk tournaments are actually making it worse. It's been a long time since I've actively hated any music -- at a certain point, I became capable of approaching even the stuff I strongly disliked with an element of distance and measure -- but I hated this stuff when it was out, like it roused fiery hatred in me that I'm embarrassed to admit ever came about as the result of mere pop music, but there it was nonetheless. So I come on thinking I'm going to participate in a fun, fluffy internet activity, but it just ends up rousing all these dormant feelings of anger I had towards it in my early twenties. I should learn. But see above.

I don't mean to sound dramatic; I legitimately do struggle with what kind of role RM and the internet in general should play in my life, and I resent how much of a struggle it is for me on a daily basis. So take that for what it's worth. But I apologize if I've been curmudgeonly and unpleasant. No offense intended toward anyone.

I can really relate to most of this

PostPosted: Fri September 07, 2018 7:07 pm 

Birds in Hell wrote:
This godforsaken corner of the internet

This description of RM made me chuckle. Then made me cry.

PostPosted: Fri September 07, 2018 7:25 pm 
The Master

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Birds in Hell wrote:
This godforsaken corner of the internet

This description of RM made me chuckle. Then made me cry.

You're crying, now I'm crying.

PostPosted: Fri September 07, 2018 7:51 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

bunch of crybabies in here

PostPosted: Fri September 07, 2018 8:22 pm 
A Return To Form

tragabigzanda wrote:
Kevin Davis wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Strat wrote:
Kevin Davis wrote:

I can really relate to most of this

Speaking of tournaments, remember when we had a cover song competition probably a decade ago? As in we recorded ourselves playing? That was fun.

PostPosted: Fri September 07, 2018 8:30 pm 
Production Police

where could i hear/see these?

PostPosted: Sat September 08, 2018 2:21 am 
A Return To Form

tragabigzanda wrote:
where could i hear/see these?

The covers? That is a good question, I remember Stip had them stored somewhere years ago.

I did one where you could play any band/song, but I think they did one later too with just all PJ songs. I forget who it was, but someone on here was a ringer and had some good stuff.

PostPosted: Sat September 08, 2018 2:31 am 
Production Police

stip!

PostPosted: Sat September 08, 2018 2:40 am 
The Master

Stip died.

PostPosted: Sat September 08, 2018 2:48 am 
Production Police

:-( now i'm worried, where's stip ?

PostPosted: Sat September 08, 2018 2:55 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

another victim of the crack game

you can blame Bush I

putting crack on the streets

KRS One knew

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Sat September 08, 2018 11:30 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Kevin Davis wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Strat wrote:
Kevin Davis wrote:

I hope that you stick around, KD. We enjoy your posts. I agree that we all fall into that cycle of checking the internet way too often, and applaud you for approaching Stip to lock your account. :peace:

PostPosted: Sat September 08, 2018 4:17 pm 
Major Dude

Kevin Davis wrote:

Agree totally. Rock and Roll may be a lot of fun, but it’s still their fucking job. Be professional. I’ve seen 4 shows since seein Pearl Jam back in 2016 and every one of them started on time. They’re becoming Axl Rose prima donnas. Back in ‘91, we waited and hour and a half after Skid Row finished their set for G’n’R to take the stage. Their set suffered for it too. SR blew them away. PJ is becoming everything in rock they were actively against when they started.

PostPosted: Sat September 08, 2018 4:17 pm 
Major Dude

Coach wrote:
Kevin Davis wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Strat wrote:
Kevin Davis wrote:

I hope that you stick around, KD. We enjoy your posts. I agree that we all fall into that cycle of checking the internet way too often, and applaud you for approaching Stip to lock your account. :peace:

Seconded.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 818 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 41  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live