The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 385 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2018-08-20: Chicago, Illinois
PostPosted: Wed August 22, 2018 12:07 am 
Looks Like a Cat

Strat wrote:
mikejasond wrote:
Stone is one of the worst performing live guitarists of a famous band ever

PostPosted: Wed August 22, 2018 12:10 am 
Rank This Poster

Strat, now is the time to post the video of the worst song ever.

Last edited by daft twat on Wed August 22, 2018 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed August 22, 2018 12:29 am 
Mind Your Tanners

mikejasond wrote:
Yes he sounded good in that vid, but in general he is insanely sloppy. Pearl Jam is a great live band in their heyday because of their energy, because of Eddie Vedder, and because of their non-matt-cameron drummers. Even in that vid, the part at 1:37 is insanely sloppy, and then Mike sounds bad afterwards too.

They're just very rarely a tight band. Sometimes they are on and they sound great, but a lot of times they sound horrible. I remember my shock when I first heard a bootleg of yellow ledbetter live. Im used to the live versions now but compared to the studio version it always sounds hoooooorrible (I know that one's on Mike). And then there's the end of Present Tense where Eddie frequently just plays the complete wrong notes, and then Baba O Riley is another one I've used to but the first time I heard it played live I was appalled at how horrible it sounded. Again, probably Mike's fault, but Mike tends to have a lot of great performances too

We need a bitch of the moment thread for this.

PostPosted: Wed August 22, 2018 1:00 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

mikejasond wrote:
Yes he sounded good in that vid, but in general he is insanely sloppy. Pearl Jam is a great live band in their heyday because of their energy, because of Eddie Vedder, and because of their non-matt-cameron drummers. Even in that vid, the part at 1:37 is insanely sloppy, and then Mike sounds bad afterwards too.

They're just very rarely a tight band. Sometimes they are on and they sound great, but a lot of times they sound horrible. I remember my shock when I first heard a bootleg of yellow ledbetter live. Im used to the live versions now but compared to the studio version it always sounds hoooooorrible (I know that one's on Mike). And then there's the end of Present Tense where Eddie frequently just plays the complete wrong notes, and then Baba O Riley is another one I've used to but the first time I heard it played live I was appalled at how horrible it sounded. Again, probably Mike's fault, but Mike tends to have a lot of great performances too

Mike,

You're barking up the wrong tree here with the Stone dissin'. Stone is the most consistent member of the band. The screw up's are all Eds fault, because Ed loves money. Stick to the Dave A lovin'

Sincerely,

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Wed August 22, 2018 1:01 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

RAG319 wrote:
Wait a sec...I just reread most of this entire thread. Did no one post that video of the periscoper getting in a fight in the GA pit last night during MYM? It was posted to reddit last night and was fucking hilarious. Deleted now though. :(

really wish I saw this

MYM was right about when I signed off...

was it an argument over sticker sets?

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Wed August 22, 2018 2:55 am 
Future Drummer

mikejasond wrote:

But Jeff's cool, right? You had absolutely nothing bad to say about him. I think he's pretty cool, too !

PostPosted: Wed August 22, 2018 3:07 am 
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

mikejasond wrote:

so you're making a point about stone being the worse performer of the band by dissing every member except stone (and jeff). very clever.

PostPosted: Wed August 22, 2018 4:23 am 
Future Drummer

WtOB? wrote:
mikejasond wrote:

so you're making a point about stone being the worse performer of the band by dissing every member except stone (and jeff). very clever.

Jeff is great.

Yes, they all frequently are sloppy, Stone is just especially so.

PostPosted: Wed August 22, 2018 11:18 am 
"Supersonic sucks."

As someone who's paid way too much attention the guitar playing in Pearl Jam over the years, he really isn't. I'd say Matt and Stone are easily the most consistently solid musical performers in the band.

PostPosted: Wed August 22, 2018 12:02 pm 
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

mikejasond wrote:
WtOB? wrote:
mikejasond wrote:

Jeff is great.

Yes, they all frequently are sloppy, Stone is just especially so.

give an example of how he's worse. keep in mind you've just given three examples of mike being sloppy so you probably need four examples.

PostPosted: Wed August 22, 2018 12:11 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Have you been to many PJ shows, mjd? Sorry but you are sounding like a whack job here

PostPosted: Wed August 22, 2018 12:17 pm 
Stone's Bitch

Stone holds the whole thing together. He is the Bossman. /thread

PostPosted: Wed August 22, 2018 12:21 pm 
Stone's Bitch

PostPosted: Wed August 22, 2018 2:22 pm 
Future Drummer

Well Mike has had a lot of sloppy moments but he's also had great moments. I'll go find some bad Stone moments later today. There's no doubt though that all three guitar players in PJ (including Eddie) are sloppy as hell. Jeff and Matt are solid, Matt just isn't interesting and ruins the tempos and feels, but he PLAYS well, mechanically. Dave A was the best, and Jeff Irons IMO dragged some of their songs.

PostPosted: Wed August 22, 2018 2:45 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I’m no THANKS FOR ALL YOU DO sycophant, but “The members of Pearl Jam suck at music” is a terrible take.

PostPosted: Wed August 22, 2018 2:47 pm 
The Master

Jeff irons definitely had musical issues in the group. For sure. Jeremy irons was pretty solid though.

PostPosted: Wed August 22, 2018 2:52 pm 
The Master

Jeff Irons was a terrible drummer.

PostPosted: Wed August 22, 2018 2:53 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

IRON JEFF

PostPosted: Wed August 22, 2018 2:55 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

mikejasond wrote:
Well Mike has had a lot of sloppy moments but he's also had great moments. I'll go find some bad Stone moments later today. There's no doubt though that all three guitar players in PJ (including Eddie) are sloppy as hell. Jeff and Matt are solid, Matt just isn't interesting and ruins the tempos and feels, but he PLAYS well, mechanically. Dave A was the best, and Jeff Irons IMO dragged some of their songs.

When you go to concerts, do you do this kind of critiquing? If so I almost feel bad for you.

PostPosted: Wed August 22, 2018 3:05 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

mikejasond wrote:

but what are your thoughts on froyo?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 385 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live