The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1087 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 55  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2018-08-13: Missoula, Montana
PostPosted: Sat June 09, 2018 12:18 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

i'll bring some t.p. for the tipi

PostPosted: Sat June 09, 2018 12:25 am 
The Master

good call

PostPosted: Sun June 10, 2018 7:53 pm 
The Master

i don't think missoula is ready for the influx of people. really want to hit that bbq joint and am thinking it might be smart to see about a res. Roll call for sunday night:

trag
snatch

PostPosted: Sun June 10, 2018 7:53 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Man that's months away. Sorry, I don't know our arrival schedule yet

PostPosted: Sun June 10, 2018 7:58 pm 
The Master

i'll just see about a large party and pare it back as needed

PostPosted: Mon June 11, 2018 7:14 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Man that's months away. Sorry, I don't know our arrival schedule yet

it's called PRIORITIES, ruddo. now we see where we stand on the totem pole.

(that's a tipi reference)

PostPosted: Mon June 11, 2018 7:17 pm 
The Master

Oh man I can't wait to culturally appropriate Native Americans with 'snatch in Missoula.

And then do it again except black people/BBQ with the whole crew.

I might ask you all to call me D'lonte Scooping Bear just for this weekend.

PostPosted: Mon June 11, 2018 8:57 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

tragabigzanda wrote:
i don't think missoula is ready for the influx of people. really want to hit that bbq joint and am thinking it might be smart to see about a res. Roll call for sunday night:

trag
snatch

it's going to double the population size of Missoula for one weekend. nuts. i don't know too much about the festival that will be going on around the venue, other than just what i heard Jeff talk about on the radio. i'm down for anything though ... want to soak up as much of MT as possible

PostPosted: Mon June 11, 2018 9:01 pm 
The Master

bodysnatcher wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

trag
snatch

it's going to double the population size of Missoula for one weekend. nuts. i don't know too much about the festival that will be going on around the venue, other than just what i heard Jeff talk about on the radio. i'm down for anything though ... want to soak up as much of MT as possible

It's just a get-out-the-vote sort of thing; they'll be trying to draw extra foot traffic with food vendors and whatnot...

Hey, are you guys thinking what I'm thinking? Face painting!

PostPosted: Mon June 11, 2018 9:19 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

tragabigzanda wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

trag
snatch

It's just a get-out-the-vote sort of thing; they'll be trying to draw extra foot traffic with food vendors and whatnot...

Hey, are you guys thinking what I'm thinking? Face painting!

shit, yes.

will double as sunscreen

PostPosted: Mon June 11, 2018 9:22 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Trag and snatch are going to have quite the tryst

PostPosted: Mon June 11, 2018 9:23 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

the concert will be secondary and just a bonus for the weekend

PostPosted: Mon June 11, 2018 9:29 pm 
The Master

Guys I am so psyched on eating BBQ in Missoula.

Ruddo, you are totally right to be suspicious of any MT food. Like most other goods and services, MT does not have what I would consider a competitive capitalistic environment; basic stuff often sucks. But this guy sounds legit:

The Notorious P.I.G wrote:
Burke Holmes was born in Saint Louis, Missouri. He was exposed to the mountains of Western Montana when he was only 8, and someone put a fly rod in his hand when he was 10. From that point on he knew Montana would be home. He attended school at the University of Montana and was a fly-fishing guide for 6 years. Two things were still missing though, Saint Louis Cardinals Baseball and good BBQ. After negotiations fell through with the Cardinals on moving to Missoula, BBQ was a clear choice. Growing up, Burke noticed how food brought people together, especially the summer BBQs in Missouri. There’s something about slow-cooked meat that puts people in a good mood and he wanted to share his experiences with his new home. Burke was given the opportunity to learn from the best in the world at Bogart’s Smokehouse and Pappy’s Smokehouse. After taking out the trash and scrubbing dishes, he was let in on the secrets of the trade. However, great food doesn’t mean much without great service. Just like the backyard BBQs in Saint Louis, he hopes that the dining room at The Notorious P.I.G. is a place where old friends gather and new friends meet.

A place for new friends to meet?! That's perfect for us, guys.

Now let's peruse the menu.

Thinking I will do the Half Combo, with burnt ends as my other meat. I'm assuming it includes some sides, and I've got my eyes on that Smoked Gouda Mac & Cheese and Fire and Ice Pickles; I'll also probably try that BBQ salad out for some roughage. I *would* go for those baked beans in a heartbeat, but I don't want to ruin our tipi on the first night.

I'm generally skeptical of any BBQ place that doesn't offer hushpuppies, but then my go-to spot here also doesn't offer them, and they are still awesome.

I wish there was some banana pudding, but I'll bring ice cream instead.

PostPosted: Mon June 11, 2018 9:37 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

a copy of the letter i'm currently drafting to 10c.
would love some advice on edits.

Quote:
Dear Eddie, Jeff, Stone, Mike, and Matt:

I hope my letter finds you well. Right about now, you're probably gearing up for what will undoubtedly be an unforgettable European tour (for both you and your fans). I wish you well, and safe travels. Have you ever been to Europe? I went to Italy once, and it was one of my favorite trips. I wonder how some of those buildings are still standing after millions of years and multiple wars. Amazing. Be sure to visit Mordi e Vai in Rome and get a nice sandwich.

I've heard that you – as a band – will sometimes entertain song requests for particular shows. I know they are probably very hefty, sensitive circumstances for the requester, and undoubtedly they are looking for some sort of emotional reprieve and support from their favorite band in the world. I can't imagine the spectrum of requests and notes you get after 25+ years together. Births, deaths, anniveraries, marriage, divorce. How do you go about picking which moments to celebrate or mourn? I feel like once you pick one, you have to pick them all. Is that true for you too? Does that mean that every single one of your shows is just a setlist made up of requests? Does that mean that people are still requesting Even Flow after 25 years? That's wild. Good on you for putting your fans first. You're a special group.

That being said, I have a friend whose only request in his entire life would be to hear you guys play Get Right. His request is not shrouded with emotional baggage to pull at your heart strings. He doesn't need to hear it. He just wants to hear it. Mostly because he doesn't think you are capable of playing it. Plus I want him to shut up about it. So if not for him, do it for me. Please play Get Right at your show in Missoula. If you hear a high pitched scream at the beginning, it will probably be him. And you can smile in knowing that you've made a grown man screech like a little school girl. Actually, I've never met this guy in real life, so he indeed could be a little school girl for all I know. I don't know.

Sincerely,
[name redacted]

PostPosted: Mon June 11, 2018 9:42 pm 
The Master

"PS - Kik me at #snatch for Werewolf noodz"

PostPosted: Mon June 11, 2018 9:53 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

tragabigzanda wrote:
Guys I am so psyched on eating BBQ in Missoula.

Ruddo, you are totally right to be suspicious of any MT food. Like most other goods and services, MT does not have what I would consider a competitive capitalistic environment; basic stuff often sucks. But this guy sounds legit:

The Notorious P.I.G wrote:
Burke Holmes was born in Saint Louis, Missouri. He was exposed to the mountains of Western Montana when he was only 8, and someone put a fly rod in his hand when he was 10. From that point on he knew Montana would be home. He attended school at the University of Montana and was a fly-fishing guide for 6 years. Two things were still missing though, Saint Louis Cardinals Baseball and good BBQ. After negotiations fell through with the Cardinals on moving to Missoula, BBQ was a clear choice. Growing up, Burke noticed how food brought people together, especially the summer BBQs in Missouri. There’s something about slow-cooked meat that puts people in a good mood and he wanted to share his experiences with his new home. Burke was given the opportunity to learn from the best in the world at Bogart’s Smokehouse and Pappy’s Smokehouse. After taking out the trash and scrubbing dishes, he was let in on the secrets of the trade. However, great food doesn’t mean much without great service. Just like the backyard BBQs in Saint Louis, he hopes that the dining room at The Notorious P.I.G. is a place where old friends gather and new friends meet.

A place for new friends to meet?! That's perfect for us, guys.

Now let's peruse the menu.

Thinking I will do the Half Combo, with burnt ends as my other meat. I'm assuming it includes some sides, and I've got my eyes on that Smoked Gouda Mac & Cheese and Fire and Ice Pickles; I'll also probably try that BBQ salad out for some roughage. I *would* go for those baked beans in a heartbeat, but I don't want to ruin our tipi on the first night.

I'm generally skeptical of any BBQ place that doesn't offer hushpuppies, but then my go-to spot here also doesn't offer them, and they are still awesome.

I wish there was some banana pudding, but I'll bring ice cream instead.

gah dang, that menu looks good. i'm up for it.

agreed on the hushpuppies. i haven't found a decent hushpuppy since moving here. what a travesty. every time we try one, it's literally JUST cornmeal balled up. no spices. wtf, disgusting.

PostPosted: Mon June 11, 2018 10:00 pm 
The Master

Do you like little bits of jalapeno and garlic in your hushpuppies? I am a fan but rarely encounter it.

PostPosted: Mon June 11, 2018 10:11 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

tragabigzanda wrote:
Do you like little bits of jalapeno and garlic in your hushpuppies? I am a fan but rarely encounter it.

garlic for sure (or garlic powder/garlic powder. i prefer actual fresh garlic). i love mine with a little kick, so i also like jalapenos. if no jalapenos, then cayenne. tiny diced onions or green onions too. the missing ingredient that is often overlooked is just a little sugar.

PostPosted: Mon June 11, 2018 10:15 pm 
The Master

bodysnatcher wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

garlic for sure (or garlic powder/garlic powder. i prefer actual fresh garlic). i love mine with a little kick, so i also like jalapenos. if no jalapenos, then cayenne. tiny diced onions or green onions too. the missing ingredient that is often overlooked is just a little sugar.

Yeah, big fan of the green onions in my hushpuppies. This sugar thing sounds wacko, but I'll buy it. What's your preferred condiment?

PostPosted: Mon June 11, 2018 10:19 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

tragabigzanda wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

Yeah, big fan of the green onions in my hushpuppies. This sugar thing sounds wacko, but I'll buy it. What's your preferred condiment?

we always had some sort of cajun or remoulade sauce. seemed pretty standard growing up, so haven't really had others. if it's a really good pup though, no sauce needed

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1087 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 55  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live