The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post subject: Re: Lets Talk About the 2005 Tour
PostPosted: Wed October 17, 2018 8:56 pm 
Future Drummer

9.2.05 Vancouver on today on Sirius Xm. Listening now and its an amazing main set. https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pearl-ja ... 680e6.html

PostPosted: Tue April 06, 2021 3:05 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

Just picked up the Sao Paulo shows and downloading so I can listen at work later today. These "new" 2014 (?) mixes are waaayyyyy better than anything I'd heard from this Tour previously. 22 down and 10 to go. I got briefly sidetracked with grabbing boots from the '06 Tour (OMG S0000 GOOOD) but am back to grabbing rest of the 05's.

:hooray:

PostPosted: Tue April 06, 2021 3:30 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

The Canadian leg is really good. Toronto and London being my favorites....and then of course, my fist PJ live show....Buenos Aires 1. Legendary.

PostPosted: Tue April 06, 2021 3:37 pm 

VinylGuy wrote:
The Canadian leg is really good. Toronto and London being my favorites....and then of course, my fist PJ live show....Buenos Aires 1. Legendary.

I'll grab that one next. It's seriously tough to pick a favorite from the NA run - every show is fire. I can definitively say that the Gorge box is my favorite PJ release. If I could only choose 1 release to take to a desert island - that would be it. Oh, I saw your recommendation the 1st St. Paul '06 show in that thread and listened to that show while mowing yesterday. :nice:

PostPosted: Tue April 06, 2021 3:40 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

yeah, that St Paul 06 is wild. Its also shortish, which sometimes can be good if you are in the mood for that.

PostPosted: Tue April 06, 2021 4:17 pm 

Listening to Sao Paulo 2 and Mike is KILLING it with these little noises and flourishes he's adding on to his lead parts. Awesome shit

PostPosted: Tue April 06, 2021 5:15 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

TremorJam wrote:
Listening to Sao Paulo 2 and Mike is KILLING it with these little noises and flourishes he's adding on to his lead parts. Awesome shit

You know those Brazil shows...i havent paid attention to them...i should dive into those again...Mexico and Chile 05 too.

PostPosted: Tue April 06, 2021 5:53 pm 

Does anyone have the original artwork scans that came with the Base Camp files from SA? I grabbed some but they were too big and when tried to edit them in paint it just chopped off those parts of the prints. The ones I found for the NA leg printed off fine. Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue April 06, 2021 5:53 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

TremorJam wrote:
Does anyone have the original artwork scans that came with the Base Camp files from SA? I grabbed some but they were too big and when tried to edit them in paint it just chopped off those parts of the prints. The ones I found for the NA leg printed off fine. Thanks!

let me see if i had them...i guess i do, but it will take me a few days, they are at my place and im not there right now.

PostPosted: Tue April 06, 2021 6:19 pm 

VinylGuy wrote:
TremorJam wrote:

let me see if i had them...i guess i do, but it will take me a few days, they are at my place and im not there right now.

Cool - thanks!

PostPosted: Wed April 07, 2021 2:25 am 
A Return To Form

TremorJam wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

I'll grab that one next. It's seriously tough to pick a favorite from the NA run - every show is fire. I can definitively say that the Gorge box is my favorite PJ release. If I could only choose 1 release to take to a desert island - that would be it. Oh, I saw your recommendation the 1st St. Paul '06 show in that thread and listened to that show while mowing yesterday. :nice:

Edmonton is the best show of the '05 tour imo. The only misstep is a predictably weak Small Town, but Release, Save You, DTE, GTF, Porch and even Better Man absolutely kill. The rest of the show is consistently good and focused. The oft-mentioned London show is great, but I think Calgary and Vancouver are just as good.

PostPosted: Wed April 07, 2021 6:45 pm 

TremorJam wrote:
Just picked up the Sao Paulo shows and downloading so I can listen at work later today. These "new" 2014 (?) mixes are waaayyyyy better than anything I'd heard from this Tour previously. 22 down and 10 to go. I got briefly sidetracked with grabbing boots from the '06 Tour (OMG S0000 GOOOD) but am back to grabbing rest of the 05's.

I must be out of the loop, I didn't know there were different mixes of the 2005 tour! Are these versions on Nugs?

PostPosted: Wed April 07, 2021 6:48 pm 
The Master

BootsToAsses wrote:
TremorJam wrote:

I must be out of the loop, I didn't know there were different mixes of the 2005 tour! Are these versions on Nugs?

Yes!

PostPosted: Wed April 07, 2021 6:49 pm 

Monkey_Driven wrote:
BootsToAsses wrote:
TremorJam wrote:

Yes!

Oh, excellent! I had no idea they were remixed.

PostPosted: Wed April 07, 2021 6:59 pm 
The Master

BootsToAsses wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
BootsToAsses wrote:
TremorJam wrote:

Yes!

Oh, excellent! I had no idea they were remixed.

Available in formats other than MP3 as well.

PostPosted: Wed April 07, 2021 9:26 pm 
Future Drummer

No, they are not remixed. Just remastered and lossless. Same as Atlanta 94.

PostPosted: Wed April 07, 2021 9:36 pm 

Wendy Carlos's Twin wrote:
No, they are not remixed. Just remastered and lossless. Same as Atlanta 94.

Ah I see. They do sound way better from what I remember - particularly Matt's drums.

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live