The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: April 3rd- Buenos Aires, Argentina
PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2013 12:38 am 
Poster of the Year

The speed isn't Matt's fault, it's the band. Mike's the one who starts Given To Fly.

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2013 1:34 am 
The Master

Yea its mostly Ed and Mike that start shit off super fast. Stone and Jeff (the few songs jeff starts) usually are pretty solid. The consummate professionals.

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2013 2:18 am 
AnalLog

ok so let's put that to rest and admit that it's all dimejinky's fault ;)

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2013 2:30 am 
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

dimejinky plays too fast.

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2013 2:34 am 
AnalLog

he's also breathy.

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2013 2:40 am 
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

It's not all his fault though, he is mixed terribly. If Brett mixed him he'd sound a lot better.

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2013 2:53 am 
AnalLog

I thought that Release straight in to Even Flow was really cool. That's the kind of setlist imagination I'd like to see more of.

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2013 3:42 am 
Posting (live)

Man it hurts to see PJ taking what appears to be the easy cash grabbing route. Now if they head for the ditch on the next album and mine some new territory, that's what I'm hoping for. Binaural II or No Code II, not Backspacer II.

Last edited by LetMeSleep on Sat April 06, 2013 1:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2013 3:54 am 
The Master

spike wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
I made a change. Uh dude

where?

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2013 9:00 am 
what on earth am I talking about

This was on the tv? There's a torrent
https://kat.ph/pearl-jam-pepsi-music-3- ... 81614.html

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2013 10:02 am 
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

Where's the jam-river link m8?

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2013 10:45 am 
what on earth am I talking about

I'm not sure what you mean? Sorry.

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2013 2:42 pm 
AnalLog

dimejinky99 wrote:
To the cash grab theorists, Makes me wonder all this festival touring, if it isn't tinged with a collective regret that they didn't seriously tour for longer and with discipline, in bigger places back when they ruled the world and could have made more money by far.
The switch to festivals and relatively predictable set structures (encores at least) could prove its all about getting the casual fan in. And even flow.

I thought this was obvious. They are still trying to regain the fans they lost between 1994 - 2003. That's why they rely so heavily now on their first three albums (especially the singles).

I actually really enjoyed the webstream of this show. A lot. But once I saw the setlist, it kind of ruined it a bit because I knew the encore was going to be predictable. Oh well.

Honestly, the main sets have been pretty interesting the past few years. They just need to stop opening with "Small Town" and "Why Go". Those are the two most common openers now and they both drive me nuts. The real problem is how predictable the encores have become. They've been that way for years, but now you can almost recite what the encore will be by the end of the main set. That's sad for me.

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2013 3:02 pm 
AnalLog

I just watched the Release->Even Flow and it left me feeling stupid for letting this board give me negative feelings about this band. It happened after s/t, it happened after the 2006 tour, which I thoroughly enjoyed in person, and it happened after Backspacer. I haven't been able to see a show since 08, and haven't had much time to listen to recent boots because of twins, two jobs, Ya da, ya da.... I think because some people on here love music and Pearl Jam that they are to be trusted, but maybe they are just judgmental people by nature?? Stupid online personas?? (You've got to pull it together Strat. You're too old to be acting this way :lol: )

Stone sounds great, Ed sounds great, new album in the works, Fall tour coming. I have complaints about PJ as well, but let's spend as much energy talking about the good stuff as we do the bad.

I hope to see some of you in the Fall and when we are at the show let's enjoy it without reservation. Without a checklist in our hand. Without a camera in our hand. Be ready for it to be good. I think we are in for a great tour.

Flame away savvy Internet users.

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2013 3:28 pm 
The Master

Hatfield wrote:
I just watched the Release->Even Flow and it left me feeling stupid for letting this board give me negative feelings about this band. It happened after s/t, it happened after the 2006 tour, which I thoroughly enjoyed in person, and it happened after Backspacer. I haven't been able to see a show since 08, and haven't had much time to listen to recent boots because of twins, two jobs, Ya da, ya da.... I think because some people on here love music and Pearl Jam that they are to be trusted, but maybe they are just judgmental people by nature?? Stupid online personas?? (You've got to pull it together Strat. You're too old to be acting this way :lol: )

Stone sounds great, Ed sounds great, new album in the works, Fall tour coming. I have complaints about PJ as well, but let's spend as much energy talking about the good stuff as we do the bad.

I hope to see some of you in the Fall and when we are at the show let's enjoy it without reservation. Without a checklist in our hand. Without a camera in our hand. Be ready for it to be good. I think we are in for a great tour.

:haha:

IM just having a crisis between being fanboi strat and jaded strat! In the end, I will always love Pearl Jam and always have a blast. However, I dont regret skipping out on Wrigley but ill be first in line after a new record and a little break.

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2013 3:41 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Watching this show right now. Only through the first 2 songs. But, I really like EF in the 2nd spot with this show. It was a nice transition from Release. The band sounds great so far.

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2013 3:46 pm 
AnalLog

Strat wrote:
Hatfield wrote:

:haha:

IM just having a crisis between being fanboi strat and jaded strat! In the end, I will always love Pearl Jam and always have a blast. However, I dont regret skipping out on Wrigley but ill be first in line after a new record and a little break.

I'm hoping you get a Denver show in the Fall!

PostPosted: Fri April 05, 2013 3:56 pm 
The Master

THAT I am not counting on!

I am hoping to take a trip abroad someday again soon and hope it lines up with a few PJ Shows...

PostPosted: Sat April 06, 2013 1:33 am 
Posting (live)

Man I really enjoyed the web stream of this show. It felt like a real community experience. And in future can you guys keep any set photos as spoilers, it really dampened the experience.

PostPosted: Sat April 06, 2013 4:08 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

in hiding = :cry: (eddie just can't hit that note)
save you = :thumbsup: (this seems like a moment the band were all clicking and fired up)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live