The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2018-07-05: Berlin, Germany
PostPosted: Thu July 05, 2018 9:14 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

They are crossing out Cant Deny Me pretty much every night.

PostPosted: Thu July 05, 2018 9:22 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Do we not post the set as it's happening anymore? Where are you guys seeing it?

Livefootsteps.org

PostPosted: Thu July 05, 2018 9:34 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

01. Wash
02. Sometimes
03. Corduroy
04. Why Go
05. Save You
06. Given To Fly
(Ed says it is very nice to be able to see the audience since they are playing in daylight. He addresses them in German and asks the band when they have been here before. Mike, Jeff and Stone had been here with Neil Young. Ed introduces the band and special guest Danny Clinch. He says the next song is called “Blue Eyed Frog”.)
07. Red Mosquito w/ Danny Clinch on harmonica
08. In My Tree (Up here in my tree / Newspapers matter not to me Fuck Trump!)
(“I hear J. Mascis from the great Dinosaur Jr. is here tonight. J. I am looking for you while it is still light out. This is dedicated to J. Mascis”)
09. Even Flow
10. Wishlist (I wish I was as fortunate as Mike McCready)
11. Habit (“Speaking as a man who despises racism in any form” instead of the normal spoken part).
12. Angie-(Jagger / Richards) Partial cover about 1:20 seconds
13. Daughter / It's OK-(Cole) - (cover lasts 4 min (I need all of you on this. I need all the girls, I need all the women. I need all the people that love their girls and women. Help me sing it)
14. Deep (During the “doesn’t like the view” section lays on his back with his head hanging upside down over the monitors.)
15. Mind Your Manners
16. Unthought Known
(Ed gives the audience in the pit 5 stars. He says they are gonna play a slow song they can get romantic and he says they won’t play a Ramones song tonight but he wants people to check out the Ramones museum. He continues talking about the Ramones and the audience starts to chant “Hey Ho-Let’s Go”. Okay, I’m gonna play a quiet one.)
17. Lukin
18. Porch-(During instrumental part the audience are throwing around what I think are pieces of flat cardboard that look to hold six beers. A few make it onto the stage. Ed watches. Jeff gets one and uses it to play his bass. Ed climbs down to the barricade for the end of the song)

Encore Break 1
(Referring to all the beer caddy’s the audience was throwing around he says he knew the crowd was drinking but he didn’t realize how much they had been drinking. He compares them to Seattle or Seattle to them.
He relates a story from a guy in Prague who was adamant that Ed reads his note. The note says I want to the show with a neighbor I left with a wife. This song is for you and neighbor. )
19. Thin Air
20. Thumbing My Way
(Dedicated to someone who is here tonight and they lived in Seattle for awhile. His band never took off. They had a hit in Belgium. So if you are out there tonight Cliff Poncier, this one is for you.-Reference to a character in the Singles film that fronted a band portrayed by members of Pearl Jam.)
21. Breath
22. Do The Evolution
23. Black / Time Heals-(Rundgren) 20 second tag
24. Rearviewmirror

Encore Break 2
(Because of the curfew I want to introduce the next song quickly…my daughters went to the Berlin Wall and we want to dedicate this to Roger Waters and to thank him for educating us)
25. Comfortably Numb-(Gilmour, Waters)
26. Alive
27. Rockin' In The Free World-(Young) w/ J. Mascis

PostPosted: Thu July 05, 2018 9:38 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

I was watching RVM in Live at the garden yesterday, and remembering the version i got i Padova..i guess its the perfect PJ song to see live right?

PostPosted: Thu July 05, 2018 10:34 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

Dunno what to say. It was brilliant. Amazing venue and bizarre cos it flew by. But. Jeff and or Stone were in a totally different key for about five songs. Most notably habit and RVM. It wasn’t a weird new arrangement or new pedals. It was audibly the wrong key. Ed was pissed and throwing filthys. It didn’t get in the way though. As always amazing in Berlin but somehow felt super brief and over all too quickly.

PostPosted: Thu July 05, 2018 10:56 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Weren't they all in Berlin before, together?

PostPosted: Thu July 05, 2018 11:00 pm 
Champion of RM

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Weren't they all in Berlin before, together?

Yes. First time at this amphitheater.

PostPosted: Thu July 05, 2018 11:09 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Ahh

PostPosted: Thu July 05, 2018 11:23 pm 
The Master

Quote:
Deep (During the “doesn’t like the view” section lays on his back with his head hanging upside down over the monitors.)

get ready for a nice 10db bump around 10khz on album #11. And you thought LB sounded glassy!

PostPosted: Fri July 06, 2018 12:58 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

dimejinky99 wrote:
Dunno what to say. It was brilliant. Amazing venue and bizarre cos it flew by. But. Jeff and or Stone were in a totally different key for about five songs. Most notably habit and RVM. It wasn’t a weird new arrangement or new pedals. It was audibly the wrong key. Ed was pissed and throwing filthys. It didn’t get in the way though. As always amazing in Berlin but somehow felt super brief and over all too quickly.

bummer, looked like a nice show otherwise

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Fri July 06, 2018 5:28 am 
mXn

I’m pretty much drooling over this setlist... but then I noticed Unthought Known and now I’m glad I wasn’t there.

PostPosted: Fri July 06, 2018 6:22 am 
Future Drummer

19. Thin Air
20. Thumbing My Way
21. Breath
22. Do The Evolution
23. Black / Time Heals-(Rundgren) 20 second tag

O_O

:heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

PostPosted: Fri July 06, 2018 3:14 pm 

96583UP wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

bummer, looked like a nice show otherwise

I didn’t meant that to sound as harsh as it did at all. 4 of my top 5 pj gigs have been in Berlin. And this is now number one. But it’s a very different pj now. It’s like they’re trying to carve out their place among the greats and succeeding in some areas of their approach. But a lot of it feels like Springsteen somehow. No bad thing. But they’re definitely at or entering a new stage and it feels pretty good.

Ps all my touring pals said Berlin was a totally better gig than krakow. It’s setlist was great but the crowd not so much. Took the edge off.

PostPosted: Fri July 06, 2018 3:24 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

i had that feeling with my last Buenos Aires show in 2015, but Padova was a different beast.
They were on fire, Mike needed to prove he is the best guitar player out there, Ed was actually listening to the band and knowing were to enter, how to sing, etc...It was incredible.

PostPosted: Fri July 06, 2018 3:26 pm 

VinylGuy wrote:
i had that feeling with my last Buenos Aires show in 2015, but Padova was a different beast.
They were on fire, Mike needed to prove he is the best guitar player out there, Ed was actually listening to the band and knowing were to enter, how to sing, etc...It was incredible.

Yeah there’s a new maturity or something after working it’s way In.

And dammit if they were t speeding everything up last night. They seem to have pulled back on doing that a lot. Which is brilliant.

PostPosted: Fri July 06, 2018 3:29 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

dimejinky99 wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

Yeah there’s a new maturity or something after working it’s way In.

And dammit if they were t speeding everything up last night. They seem to have pulled back on doing that a lot. Which is brilliant.

Yes! I was so happy to hear songs like Crazy Mary or Mind Your Manners in a more rightful tempo. Even Spin The Black Circle sounded better, with eddie actually trying to sing the song instead of yelling.
Inside Job was another good example of the band listening to what they are doing.

PostPosted: Fri July 06, 2018 3:37 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

fuck to see J Mascis shredding with the band.. :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

PostPosted: Fri July 06, 2018 4:06 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

VinylGuy wrote:
fuck to see J Mascis shredding with the band.. :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

It was a treat at Fenway 2 a few years ago

PostPosted: Fri July 06, 2018 6:06 pm 
A Return To Form

Great show. Habit was definitely fucked up, but oh well! Stone really took over the porch jam which was great. Ed had trouble hitting the high notes in Deep and seemed to piss him off and for a song or two he remembered how to put his full chest into screaming those lyrics. It was great.

I still think Krakow was the best of the run, but goddamn what a great set of shows. Saw so many firsts and the ones that weren’t were still not as common and songs I love hearing

PostPosted: Fri July 06, 2018 6:12 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Ed seems to be figuring out how to sing better these days.
He was very good in padova, sometimes amazing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live