Switch to full style
Discuss your favorite shows, tours, concert posters...
Post a reply

Re: 2018-06-24: Padova, Italy

Mon June 25, 2018 7:47 pm

I was at the show yesterday, my 8th overall, and second in my country.
A few pills:

1) Ed’s voice sounded great, apart maybe from the first and second song

2) great set list, with a few of my favorites (red mosquito, inside job, crazy mary, baba, indifference, small town etc)

3) as vinilguy said, mike was ON FIRE! He ripped that guitar

4) I confirm the statement about the new album

5) the fans unofficial numbering system for entry was a joke, this time around the organization was not that great, also due to bad venue layout

6) Ed was very talkative.... EVERYONE SHOULD GET THE BOOTLEG, if not for the songs at least for the story he told.... I’m not gonna spoil anything, but I can tell you that it involves Venice, cocaine and a very disturbing wife. :haha: It lasted a while, the rest of the band was kinda laughing and like wtf!

Awesome show, worth the trip and the wait in line.

Mon June 25, 2018 7:50 pm

:thumbsup:

Mon June 25, 2018 8:00 pm

cippociappo wrote:
6) Ed was very talkative.... EVERYONE SHOULD GET THE BOOTLEG, if not for the songs at least for the story he told.... I’m not gonna spoil anything, but I can tell you that it involves Venice, cocaine and a very disturbing wife. :haha: It lasted a while, the rest of the band was kinda laughing and like wtf!

I have to know more. Did Ed and Beth do cocaine in Venice once or something?

Mon June 25, 2018 8:03 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:
cippociappo wrote:

I have to know more. Did Ed and Beth do cocaine in Venice once or something?

Chris would have loved this story

Tue June 26, 2018 1:09 am

Looks like Ed got a new jacket in Milano. Looking forward to seeing this for the next 23 years.

Tue June 26, 2018 2:06 am

bodysnatcher wrote:Looks like Ed got a new jacket in Milano. Looking forward to seeing this for the next 23 years.

Tue June 26, 2018 4:17 am

VinylGuy wrote:Besides having so much fun going from Cannes to Padova, the show itself was fucking good.
The band super on, and the crowd was incredible...Ed´s voice was from good to very good but the real hero was Mike. That guy was on fire yesterday...his solo in Even Flow blew me away.
Ed made a comment about them recording the new album after this tour, and that the material was very exiting.
Got Last Exit, God's Dice,Down,Inside Job and Crazy Mary for the first time, and all of them were great...Best part was feeling some of the songs again after a while...i got totally into Small Town, Better Man and Black for example and it felt so fucking good. Man, those are good songs.

Another highlights: Pendulum, Even Flow, MYM (those guitarsssss), RVM and Indifference.

:thumbsup: :heartbeat:

Oh yeah! It's Pearl jam

Tue June 26, 2018 5:42 am

VinylGuy wrote:Besides having so much fun going from Cannes to Padova, the show itself was fucking good.
The band super on, and the crowd was incredible...Ed´s voice was from good to very good but the real hero was Mike. That guy was on fire yesterday...his solo in Even Flow blew me away.
Ed made a comment about them recording the new album after this tour, and that the material was very exiting.
Got Last Exit, God's Dice,Down,Inside Job and Crazy Mary for the first time, and all of them were great...Best part was feeling some of the songs again after a while...i got totally into Small Town, Better Man and Black for example and it felt so fucking good. Man, those are good songs.

Another highlights: Pendulum, Even Flow, MYM (those guitarsssss), RVM and Indifference.

Thank you. Sounds like a great show. Good news about the album.

Tue June 26, 2018 6:20 am

Besides that story about Venice in 06 and some anti trump talk I liked Eddie seemed relaxed but didn’t speak much. It kept the show going and helped the flow.

Such a good show.

Tue June 26, 2018 2:45 pm

Watched a few Youtube videos of some tunes. They do sound great.

Mon August 13, 2018 7:28 pm

Listening to the boot right now.

Best MYM live version i heard by far. Ed is on fire.

Mon August 13, 2018 7:28 pm

Ohh and the guitarssss

:heartbeat: :heartbeat:
Post a reply