Switch to full style
Discuss your favorite shows, tours, concert posters...
Post a reply

Re: 2018-06-19: London, England

Tue June 19, 2018 10:08 pm

CopperTom wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
daft twat wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:That’s not much time to recover. Rumblings among touring pals that entire tour might be in jeopardy.

Yikes.

More on this, please. Thinking nodules or something beyond smoker’s cough?

yeah, kinda worrisome. but hey, maybe some down time can be used for new songs.

There's only 3 more shows the rest of the month. No more back to back shows either. The entire tour is not in jeopardy.

It is if it's a more serious issue, which it sounds like it is.

Also: new album never coming out thanks to mute Ed.

Tue June 19, 2018 10:09 pm

I think it’s time we segue to the appropriate thread:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=12066

Tue June 19, 2018 10:31 pm

evenslow wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
daft twat wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:That’s not much time to recover. Rumblings among touring pals that entire tour might be in jeopardy.

Yikes.

There's only 3 more shows the rest of the month. No more back to back shows either. The entire tour is not in jeopardy.

How are we arriving at "a more serious issue?" What detail did I miss?

Tue June 19, 2018 10:39 pm

CopperTom wrote:
evenslow wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
daft twat wrote:

Yikes.

just dime laying rumor bombs

Tue June 19, 2018 11:15 pm

ed is dead

Tue June 19, 2018 11:24 pm

bodysnatcher wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
evenslow wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
daft twat wrote:

Yikes.

I read "3 days of complete vocal chord rest" were recommended by a doctor. Don't know if that is true or accurate. Based on similar issues of other artists, I'm not overly worried of other cancellations. Watching RitFW from the last show really showed his struggles and discomfort. I'm going to Prague and I'm 99% sure I'm going to a concert.

Tue June 19, 2018 11:37 pm

"During 'Black' he went round the back of the stand and was on all fours looking like he was trying to be sick before curling up into a ball and laying there, somebody went and got him some tablets after that."

this at least led to an interesting/restrained black coda

Tue June 19, 2018 11:49 pm

So the video you posted doesn't show what you quoted? :finger:

Tue June 19, 2018 11:51 pm

Although Ed is the kind of guy who would only postpone a show for a legitimate reason, it is pointless to speculate how severe this is.

Wed June 20, 2018 12:11 am

Monkey_Driven wrote:Although Ed is the kind of guy who would only postpone a show for a legitimate reason, it is pointless to speculate how severe this is.

It is, but it’s also a great time to visit the Pit. Holy shit, there are some great threads going on. One is vocal chord advice just in case Ed hasn’t consulted physicians, I suppose.

Wed June 20, 2018 12:16 am

daft twat wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:Although Ed is the kind of guy who would only postpone a show for a legitimate reason, it is pointless to speculate how severe this is.

It is, but it’s also a great time to visit the Pit. Holy shit, there are some great threads going on. One is vocal chord advice just in case Ed hasn’t consulted physicians, I suppose.

Overall, it is much calmer than I would have guessed.

Wed June 20, 2018 12:24 am

CopperTom wrote:
daft twat wrote:

Overall, it is much calmer than I would have guessed.

I agree. If this tour was stateside, the site would shut down.

I have tickets for Barcelona, but if it doesn’t happen, I’m not bothered. It was just going to be a bonus and fun way to see my 40th show.

Wed June 20, 2018 2:54 am

Let's just hope it's nothing too serious and he's fine to go back on stage in a few days.

Wed June 20, 2018 3:57 am

Pearl Jam 6/19/18 – London, UK wrote:1. FOLDBACK
2. THUNDERCLAP
3. DOLLAR SHORT (house lights up, Mike rides on Dennis Rodman's shoulders to end the show)

Wed June 20, 2018 11:15 am

bodysnatcher wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
evenslow wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
daft twat wrote:

Yikes.

To be fair it wasn’t that. Just some pals on tour fearful about it being cancelled. It’s a lot of money to put down and for this to happen. Nobody I know is pissed off at all london was cancelled and I onowxmany that travelled for it. Quite the opposite. They’d rather be rested up and looked after himself.

I tried to tell them look if it gets cancelled this is a good opportunity for you visit Prague and Berlin and actually go see the city rather than sitting outside a venue all day queuing up. It’ll be a first for you!

Yeah that didn’t go down so well

Wed June 20, 2018 12:53 pm

Should probably cancel the next show as well since the following two are BIG ASS RAWKING stadium gigs.

Wed June 20, 2018 1:20 pm

Apparently a bunch of people who were going to this went to see an impromptu show by Pearl Jam tribute band Pearl Jamm ( :lol: ) and it was their biggest show ever.

Wed June 20, 2018 1:24 pm

theplatypus wrote:Apparently a bunch of people who were going to this went to see an impromptu show by Pearl Jam tribute band Pearl Jamm ( :lol: ) and it was their biggest show ever.

If they were a real tribute band they would have canceled their show too.

Wed June 20, 2018 1:29 pm

CopperTom wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
evenslow wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
daft twat wrote:

Yikes.

I read "3 days of complete vocal chord rest" were recommended by a doctor. Don't know if that is true or accurate. Based on similar issues of other artists, I'm not overly worried of other cancellations. Watching RitFW from the last show really showed his struggles and discomfort. I'm going to Prague and I'm 99% sure I'm going to a concert.

I don't think it's a serious thing

He just needs to not put out so much

Wed June 20, 2018 1:30 pm

daft twat wrote:

LOL!
Post a reply