The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live

Post subject: Re: 7-13-1998 Los Angeles
PostPosted: Wed September 20, 2017 5:56 pm 
The Master

mikejasond wrote:
I won't start a new topic for this one but I just heard Given to Fly from the 7-14 show...night after this one. I thought it was the studio track for a little because it was so good

Im sure you did

Post subject: Re: 9/11/1998 - New York, NY
PostPosted: Wed September 27, 2017 1:16 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

Biff Pocoroba wrote:
One of the great shows to be sure.
And yes, just by audio standards alone, the Sirius channel makes some odd choices to air.

Of the 53 I’ve attended, this was my all time fav.

Post subject: Re: Let's Talk About the 1998 Tour
PostPosted: Wed October 11, 2017 2:18 am 
The Master

fuck. That was a magical time. First show was in 95 but 98 I was finally old enough to really get it. My fandom was throug the rough. Managed to get 2 shows. Rapid City, SD, and MInneapolis, MN.

Two of my favorite shows to this day. I distinctly remembering and being shocked by how different they sounded with Matt Cameron and i fucking loved it. Was huge.

Was in the pit for Rapid City during Frank Black. Waited in line all day. Got to hear the soundcheck from inside the corridor hall before heading into the actual arena. Nothingman, I got you, and some other stuff.

I got pulled out of the pit because some meathead kept punching me in the back of the head during Frank Black. Kept telling me "I have one fucking goal and thats to get to the front!". Fuck that guy wherever he is. I tapped out. Literally had to tap out. The security team gave us all instructions before the show that if we needed to be pulled out we had to make eye contact then tap our heads. He yanked me out and i remember my legs getting stuck between the barrier and felt like my leg was going to snap off.

Got out and we walked a little further back on the floor. Maybe 10 yards from the front and had an awesome time. "Fuck you" and right into DTE to kick it off.

Oh, baby.

Dont get me started on the Target center show.

PostPosted: Thu February 23, 2023 5:25 pm 
10Club Complaint Department

The 25th anniversary of Yield, along with the forthcoming RSD release of Give Way, has me listening to bootlegs (official and non) from that tour.

I'm listening to the 7/2/98 St. Louis show right now. I love the improvs they were doing before Habit on that tour.

I want to will them to officially release more shows from this tour into existence.

PostPosted: Thu February 23, 2023 6:17 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

i just got Live On Two Legs on vinyl. Waiting for it to arrive. I didnt bought this one on cd back in the day because i was kinda let down by the selected tracks...not sure why.

Fucking Up is glorious.

PostPosted: Thu February 23, 2023 6:23 pm 

VinylGuy wrote:
i just got Live On Two Legs on vinyl. Waiting for it to arrive. I didnt bought this one on cd back in the day because i was kinda let down by the selected tracks...not sure why.

Fucking Up is glorious.

I bought the CD when it came out and it's still one of my favorite things to listen to. I should stop by my local record shop to if they've got it on vinyl.

PostPosted: Thu February 23, 2023 6:25 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

i was always close to getting it, i even grabbed the cd in chile a few years ago and drop it for other thing. Not sure why really, its an excellent release.

PostPosted: Thu February 23, 2023 6:59 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

dad wrote:
The 25th anniversary of Yield, along with the forthcoming RSD release of Give Way, has me listening to bootlegs (official and non) from that tour.

I'm listening to the 7/2/98 St. Louis show right now. I love the improvs they were doing before Habit on that tour.

I want to will them to officially release more shows from this tour into existence.

yes i very much love that pre-Habit improv

saw it once live in Montreal in 2000

but before that tour had a bootleg of it from somewhere, was burnt to a CD-R and listened to in my car many times

when it came on live in MTL i bugged out

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Thu February 23, 2023 7:24 pm 

this is a pretty good one if you're listening with headphones.

https://archive.org/details/pearljam199 ... d1t02.flac

PostPosted: Thu February 23, 2023 10:59 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

dad wrote:
this is a pretty good one if you're listening with headphones.

https://archive.org/details/pearljam199 ... d1t02.flac

interesting

this is not in the style i was thinking of, this one sounds happy

the one i used to listen to was dark, empty, angsty

i must find it

All posts by this account, even those referencing real things, are entirely fictional and are for entertainment purposes only; i.e. very low-quality entertainment. These may contain coarse language and due to their content should not be viewed by anyone

PostPosted: Wed March 01, 2023 12:10 am 
AnalLog

Strat, a very similar experience for me. My first show was Charleston 1996. It was amazing, like living in the MTV video for Even Flow. Blood was ridiculous. However, my 2nd show, Greenville 1998, I was a little more ready and they added a tougher live drummer (I love Jack Irons, but I don't think he carried them live the same way Matt did/does) as well as those Yield songs.

Oceans started and then SLAM......DTE. We all got separated in the immediate swarm of people. My buddy ended up fighting to the rail and I ended up about 15 people back. Everything was intense. Even the way Ed played the tambourine during Mankind was intense.

I can't remember the name now, but someone on here made a great remaster of the audience recording (spacedvest?) and I still spin it today.

9/4/98
enc 1: Go, Hail Hail, Daughter/(Noise of Carpet)/(WMA), Mankind, Elderly Woman, Fuckin' Up
enc 2: Indifference

You couldn't get away with this encore now, but on that tour, with their focus, it was everything you could want and more.

PostPosted: Wed March 01, 2023 12:10 am 
AnalLog

double post

Last edited by Hatfield on Wed March 01, 2023 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed March 01, 2023 4:30 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Strat, a very similar experience for me. My first show was Charleston 1996. It was amazing, like living in the MTV video for Even Flow. Blood was ridiculous. However, my 2nd show, Greenville 1998, I was a little more ready and they added a tougher live drummer (I love Jack Irons, but I don't think he carried them live the same way Matt did/does) as well as those Yield songs.

Oceans started and then SLAM......DTE. We all got separated in the immediate swarm of people. My buddy ended up fighting to the rail and I ended up about 15 people back. Everything was intense. Even the way Ed played the tambourine during Mankind was intense.

I can't remember the name now, but someone on here made a great remaster of the audience recording (spacedvest?) and I still spin it today.

9/4/98
enc 1: Go, Hail Hail, Daughter/(Noise of Carpet)/(WMA), Mankind, Elderly Woman, Fuckin' Up
enc 2: Indifference

You couldn't get away with this encore now, but on that tour, with their focus, it was everything you could want and more.

PostPosted: Wed March 01, 2023 10:13 am 
A Return To Form

dad wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

Fucking Up is glorious.

I bought the CD when it came out and it's still one of my favorite things to listen to. I should stop by my local record shop to if they've got it on vinyl.

My CD case got rained on and warped 20ish years ago.

One regret was passing on the vinyl for $50 in the early 2000s.

Finally ordered the vinyl reissue the other day for a good price. really looking forward to listening to it again.

Board index » Watched from the Window ... » Live